Sign in to follow this  
MarkSilard

Big thanks to Retrograde for communication with players in GL

As title says, thank you Retrograde for joining us in GL-freedom chat lately. Talking with us, trying to answer  our questions and inform us about staff plans for game, means a lot to us. :)

• Like 6

Community relations, think that is his job...  Might need some spf for that nose thought, its gettin dark.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tgod said:

Community relations, think that is his job...  Might need some spf for that nose thought, its gettin dark.

Easy on the insults mate.  Let the man be thankful in his own way.

1 hour ago, MarkSilard said:

As title says, thank you Retrograde for joining us in GL-freedom chat lately. Talking with us, trying to answer  our questions and inform us about staff plans for game, means a lot to us. :)

I am very positive about Retrograde.

Yes Cr i his job, that doe not mean he has to take the time to viit with us so often in GL. And yes it is nice :)

Providing positive feedback carries atleast as much weight a negative feedback.

Edited by Chiqa

On 1/30/2016 at 11:52 AM, tgod said:

Posts like this make volunteers like myself less encouraged to donate our time freely to make your gaming experience a better one, tgod.

Please consider that in the future. :)

Edit

I wanted to expand on this post and the reason I made it. I don't intend to shame people for having an opinion, but I do feel that comments like this do more to harm than good.

I haven't had much time to contribute lately and even less time to play, so I haven't seen Retrograde active in-game as others have. Instead, I see him every morning in the staff channels. Every morning he brings up the hot topics from the day or weekend, and every morning he does his best to get answers and information to put into the weekly news and to announce to players where applicable. He does not let us forget the issues brought forth in past threads and during the dev chat. 

And he does all this freely. Honestly, I think he's a little crazy, but some people call me the same. :)

The point is, we have a number of people who do awesome work. When I see a thread giving thanks to a volunteer, it pains me when that thread devolves into name-calling and insults. If you have a personal issue with a member of staff, there are a number of ways to express your issue without bringing toxicity to the forums and demoralizing other volunteers.

Just remember, we're all players and people too. :)

Edited by Keenan
  • Like 8

I would like to add to this. Retro has been a VERY good CRC, Not only is he doing well in communicating with players, He's also enjoyable for staff to talk with as well.

Good job Retro!

3 hours ago, Keenan said:

Posts like this make volunteers like myself less encouraged to donate our time freely to make your gaming experience a better one, tgod.

Please consider that in the future. :)

Edit

I wanted to expand on this post and the reason I made it. I don't intend to shame people for having an opinion, but I do feel that comments like this do more to harm than good.

I haven't had much time to contribute lately and even less time to play, so I haven't seen Retrograde active in-game as others have. Instead, I see him every morning in the staff channels. Every morning he brings up the hot topics from the day or weekend, and every morning he does his best to get answers and information to put into the weekly news and to announce to players where applicable. He does not let us forget the issues brought forth in past threads and during the dev chat. 

And he does all this freely. Honestly, I think he's a little crazy, but some people call me the same. :)

The point is, we have a number of people who do awesome work. When I see a thread giving thanks to a volunteer, it pains me when that thread devolves into name-calling and insults. If you have a personal issue with a member of staff, there are a number of ways to express your issue without bringing toxicity to the forums and demoralizing other volunteers.

Just remember, we're all players and people too. :)

You can't change human nature.

5 hours ago, Dairuka said:

But I can be informative. 

The real sad part is if enough people do get tired of mistreatment and decide it isn't worth their time anymore. Players will suffer the most at that point. Human nature or no, some common sense wouldn't hurt. :)

4 hours ago, Keenan said:

But I can be informative. 

The real sad part is if enough people do get tired of mistreatment and decide it isn't worth their time anymore. Players will suffer the most at that point. Human nature or no, some common sense wouldn't hurt. :)

According to the masses common sense is fatal.

Praise should only be handed out when it's deserved, not for brownnosing or for trying to encourage people who are awful anyway.

Having said that, well done Retrograde - It's never too late to start communicating and you've made the information flow come a long way from where it used to be! I hope the game doesn't lose you, not sure anyone else could do what you're doing.