Sign in to follow this  
Shagsdeval

Cart ability for new players

I have been playing this game for awhile. I have seen some nice improvements, So here we go with another idea and I will would to se if there is gonna be positive or negative feedback on the Idea.

Well here it is. In real life even a Weaker individual could lead a Team of 2 Horses and a Cart. So I was thinking that in WURM, we could add that non-premium players could lead a cart with 2 horses. Yes when reading this you are thinking they are getting premium bonus with this , But in all reaity they are not because they can not ride the cart as commander. They just have the ability to haul more weight in the cart and not rage quit . Well wether it positive or negative, lets get some feed back so our dev teams can look at this idea. Retro knows I am posting this.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

• Like 6

+1 I remember people who complained about not being able to bring their rock shards home without "stop dragging" "call guards" "allow guards to kill troll" "drag again" repeat.

Being able to do "more" as premium and "less" as non-premium has a reson. An obvious one.

• Like 6

Id honestly have to agree with this but not exactly set on a really low maybe skill 10 or something?

game is changing too much too take of the challenge to survive

this take of one more to need prem

and of course is a great help for all alts around game 

nope un-prem player can use small cart and large cart 

no need to change this 

I have mixed feelings about such a thing.

First off id say no as it should be a prem thing to use a large cart. 

But on the other hand if it would make new players stick around and maybe pay for prem id have to say yes. With one reservation and that are the possible speed you should be able to lead them, it should be slow at a max of say 7-8km.

• Like 3

++1

Unfortunately this had been removed some years ago.  It would be really important as a new/free player to be able using large cart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zorky said:

++1

Unfortunately this had been removed some years ago.  It would be really important as a new/free player to be able using large cart.

They still can drag it cant they ?

what about the premium players that are at a slow point with work that are more worried about paying for their token than premium at temporary times until they can pay premo? should you not be able to do at least some necessary tasks with a large cart instead of having to drag around a small cart to do the sometimes big jobs you are trying to accomplish?

This is not something that I recall us ever being able to do.  You can drag a cart just takes a bit to get to the sweet spot of what you can and cannot drag as far as weight.  I do not agree with giving a new ability like this to non prems nor do I want them to be able to command carts again.  They need a reason to buy prem and this seems to be a big one for non prems.

• Like 1

People are saying about commanding these carts but it was clearly stated people could NOT command the carts.  They can only lead the cart NOT embark as commander makes it easier to drag the large cart regardless new or out of premium...

I did not mean "command" the carts, I meant exactly what I said, doing "more" as premium (hauling more, moving at higher speed, and everything else), versus doing "less" as non-premium.

1 hour ago, Shagsangel said:

People are saying about commanding these carts but it was clearly stated people could NOT command the carts.  They can only lead the cart NOT embark as commander makes it easier to drag the large cart regardless new or out of premium...

Leading a cart, in most cases, would be faster than riding it, since riding a cart isn't as fast as walking (unburdened and on a road, at least). You're asking to let non-premium players do something that is actually better than what premium players can do, and for walking with a cart to somehow be better than riding in it much of the time.

Unless you want it to be slow, in which case that's why we have dragging.

For everyone one of my friends that came to play wurm being able to use a cart and team was a big incentive to go premium after watching the premium folks operate a cart for a week.

• Like 1

-1 as well. Premium should be something that's worth it. Wurm doesn't need to be a freebie game. 

and what would you like for nothing after that, and after that, and then?  

After re-thinking a bit....

The Way to move arround Cargo changed extremly.... A "Large Cart" today is NOTHING compared to a "Large Cart with 3 Large Crates"....

At the other side, on the Free Site of the Game, nothing changed.

I would give a +1, if it won´t be possible to lead a large Cart with Crates in it.

Edited by Caduryn

Actually it may help the game if the large cart restriction is restricted to crates inside the cart and not commanding the horses

Would make the game somewhat more fun for newer players that aren't Prem, and Prem accounts still will have easier access to moving items

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Leading a cart, in most cases, would be faster than riding it, since riding a cart isn't as fast as walking (unburdened and on a road, at least). You're asking to let non-premium players do something that is actually better than what premium players can do, and for walking with a cart to somehow be better than riding in it much of the time.

Unless you want it to be slow, in which case that's why we have dragging.

Could make the person walk even slower than a wagon, like 8km/h.

I'm not sold on this idea. But if implemented using a small cart and a reasonable slow speed, maybe. Give it transporter speed or less. Let them stand in it like we used to in large carts.  Or maybe can only be pulled by a sheep/ pig. After all a small cart and rowboat hold the same in inventory.

Still not convinced, but I would love to see the races.

There is the idea of hitching a ram to a small cart and leading that, I think that would be something for a non-prem player to use, letting them move a bit faster than dragging cart speeds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

There is the idea of hitching a ram to a small cart and leading that, I think that would be something for a non-prem player to use, letting them move a bit faster than dragging cart speeds.

Now that's something I could get behind - small cart, small animal for low skills/non-prem accounts.  A bit faster than dragging and you don't have the stamina drain so distance is a little bit less of an issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Yes, finally a use for 5-speed rams!

the purpose of F2P is just to see how challenging the game is and get a taste of wurm, and encourage the player to go premium... anything that encourages people to make F2P alts is a huge -1 in my opinion....

• Like 1