Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Character goes offline but client still running. After clicking and 1 min refresh client logs on. NO CRASH, just disconnect

Hello,

I have several slave alts that are links or do nothing for a while. Randomly they "disconnect". But they dont crash or anything, they just disconnect.

When i go back to their window, the client is still up and running and i can move around. But only after i click on something and get the "refreshing" lag it suddently logs me back into the game without reloading anything, because the world is still loaded for that client.

Anyone else experiencing this? How to solve?

Greetings,

WKM

Edit:

Even my clients stay "online" on server restart when this happens. Basically if i wait for server is up and click on something to refresh im back into the game without even having to restart the client.

Edited by whykillme

Ahh. I thought my power saver settings had changed on my lap top. I tripled checked every thing.this is happening to me also.

This is happening with me too. I'll just be standing around not doing anything for 10 minutes or so, go to move the mouse to turn around, and it'll "reconnect", show the loading screen, and I'll see all the login messages / alliance MOTD etc. again. 

I noticed yesterday that after not moving and moving my viewpoint for a few minutes (10 minutes might be close) the client seems to hang. No updating of stamina bar and no reaction after requesting another 4 actions via a hotkey.

I would have to change my view point or take a step to get it to go again. No disconnection with new event message as described in earlier posts.

Up -Cant even walk into my kitchen to get a drink with out this happening :(

I can't reproduce this, but I've added a note for the devs that this is happening for some.  I'm not sure what you all may have in common or what may be causing this.  Let' see if a dev needs more information to help troubleshoot.

4 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I can't reproduce this, but I've added a note for the devs that this is happening for some.  I'm not sure what you all may have in common or what may be causing this.  Let' see if a dev needs more information to help troubleshoot.

If it helps at all it typically happens when i am running 2-3 toons my main Boo remains active but if i happen to forget to click over it shows the blue event bar bull and finishing.... once i click anywhere on the screen with will then catch up in both sounds and event tab. I know its not my connection as booskii TS and YouTube is fine + i have 75 mb internet which holds steady 

if i am only on boo and no alts it will also happen but not as often as i typically do not step away for long in exception of last night when i went to make popcorn and it did but with one toon i am more contents with my actions and do not take typically long pauses so harder to tell with a single for me personally

This is also happening to me.  If im running several alts, i get a message that an alt left the world.  However, i can alt + tab to that alt and can still see in the world.  when i try to move, i find that i was indeed disconnected and then i automatically reconnect.  Very annoying

For the last 7+ days i have been having multiable connection issues  and they just continue i severity

It started with this and is still happening ...

But then last night when i was taking a trip to several servers then a over night stop on chaos i ended up with this

This bug is so bad that i will completely shut down my computer and leave it off but yet i am not loosing connect to the game and friends are able to continue to pm me

These combines suck in them self's but for me to get locked up turn off my computer and still remain in game on chaos is Horrible Just because its not happening to a high numbers of players the ones of us it is its making it impossible to play the game all together PLEASE look into this!!!

Booskii

I agree i Have avoided traveling to other server even paying for delivery instead of going to other server in fear of being locked up when i  cross servers but i know these things dont fix themselves if i can be of any help to solve this let me know thanks

This is effecting my ability to gain sb  :(

Edited by Booskii

I am now finding it unbearably difficult to play the way I have played before something changed. I can tab to a toon and spend a minute trying to get to re-connect... It takes a really long time to get the client running smoothly. Then I tab back to another toon and start the process again. All the while, other toons are randomly disconnecting. My villager who has multiple toons running at same time does not have this issue.

I found my issue. My laptop switched my connection from nic  to wireless. Wireless was shouting off due to a power setting.

I'm having the same issues as WKM described.  I'm using the unstable client and as long as I run 1 client and keep the char busy I'm ok.  But take a smoke break and I find the char is DCing and I have to click something to get it to completely DC and reconnect.  It is worse when running 2 clients at once, if I leave one alone for a few minutes to work with the other, the first one has started the DC-reconnect process.

Per Alectrys request I add this info:  Independance server, doing masonry imping forges, and on my alt farming and harvesting.  It started as a random thing, but has steadily gotten worse over the last week, to the point I try not to run 2 clients at once because it starts getting to be constant after a while.  Oh, and I run the game full screen, not in a window.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Any updates on this at all ? It can be very frustrating when its a struggle to stay connected

I've not been able to reproduce it yet and the devs have not found a cause either, that's why I'm looking for more detailed information.

I've not tried fullscreen mode yet, doing that now in case that's a cause.

Please post anything you think may help, including your OS, virus software, anything running in the background, game configs, etc.  Anything at all helps to see what you all have in common that we don't.

fmyY1So.png

Happens when running a single toon or 3 its just a simple matter of not preforming any actions for only about a min+

internet is solid at 70 mb 

happens both with out and with running a browsers usually 2 1. youtube 2. forums

server indy

This causes 2 issues

1. I log off and i remain listed in the world sadly showing me online in CA when i am not allowing for persons to pm me on there end and showing im connected but nothing on my end as i have none running (nothing showing in logs that i revived them) along with not allowing me to gain SB. This happens when my computer is completely shut down.

2. I am active but step away to get a drink come back to see the loading screen or my typical screen when i move my mouse it reloads showing all the event proms just as if i connected [14:37:02] Booskii is logged in on Independence.

im not sure what else i can offer i know it is not my personal internet connection 

I switched laptops and it's happening to me again.

I've checked power settings, last time it was a wifi setting that was causing my net connection to suspend. I can't figure out what is doing it this time.

Any chance it's a screen saver coming on or computer going into sleep mode?  A virus software program or firewall setting?

I'm trying to find something that you all have in common as I can't reproduce this.

I tried unstable, I tried full screen.

I run window 10, no power saver mode, no screen saver, windows defender and windows firewall, java 64bit.  I can have characters sit idle for hours and not disconnect.

Does it matter if you are on ground level or upper story?

Do you always move once you log in so that you don't get the timeout for not moving?

Do you get it with both clients?

Have you tried the test client to see if it happens there as well?

I have the same problems,

i have 2 machines,

PC #1 

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8320 
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX960 OC 4GB GDDR5 
Ram: 32GB, Crucial DDR3 
HD: 500GB, Seagate ST3500312CS 
HD: 1TB, Seagate ST1000DM003 

Oracle Java 64Bit V8 U74

PC #2 

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8320E 
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GT630 2GB 
Ram: 32GB, Crucial DDR3 
HD: 250GB, Hitachi HDP725025GLA380 

Oracle Java 64Bit V8 U73

I have power settings on max performance, no screen savers, Wired LAN to router and Avast Antivirus

I always use Unstable Client

Sometimes the client window will just close without a crash pop-up

checking the task manager with 'more details' option in windows 10 (which i find a great improvement over 7), the java process is still running and holding resources, but has no window assigned

i have also noticed it happens more in high traffic areas, where the local and or event tab has more messages in it. or where there's a 'stuck templar' spamming the agro message.

I have struggled with this for a very long time, sometime it is my it dropping. Other a described above seems to be only the client with hiccups. It has contributed to my becoming a casual player. 

On 3/10/2016 at 8:54 AM, Alectrys said:

I run window 10, no power saver mode, no screen saver, windows defender and windows firewall, java 64bit.  I can have characters sit idle for hours and not disconnect.

Does it matter if you are on ground level or upper story?

Do you always move once you log in so that you don't get the timeout for not moving?

Do you get it with both clients?

Have you tried the test client to see if it happens there as well?

Above ground or under does not matter

Its not timing out when first logged in. Yes i always move.

I get it on all clients even if im running one'

Tried the test client its so so very laggy for me went back to normal client

Windows 8 no screen saver and same virus protection as you

20 minutes ago, Booskii said:

Above ground or under does not matter

Its not timing out when first logged in. Yes i always move.

I get it on all clients even if im running one'

Tried the test client its so so very laggy for me went back to normal client

Windows 8 no screen saver and same virus protection as you

Can you post your consolelog here?  I'm not sure why the test server would be laggy at all for you.   Maybe something in your log will help the devs narrow this down.  Thanks.

Mine is tied to my wireless access. I turned off the wireless on the new laptop, and I'm able to keep 3 clients on line all the time again. I sometimes lose the 4th one. But that is probably me overtaxing my system