Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

General Warning to Players from all servers (PvE and PvP) about "Magical Walls"

Things like this makes me really reconsider if this game is worth my time

8 hours ago, Lothak said:

Things like this makes me really reconsider if this game is worth my time

it matter if that one's using it or having it used against them if it bug or not..

2 years of playing this i have learned that.

Faster people learn this the faster it gets fixed.

People will complain about anything that's not in their favor. If MR had discovered this prior to the others they would have been using this as well, just like they abused the ###### out of Wall of Stone (which you can also get trapped in).

21 minutes ago, Egard said:

People will complain about anything that's not in their favor. If MR had discovered this prior to the others they would have been using this as well, just like they abused the ###### out of Wall of Stone (which you can also get trapped in).

You can't get stuck into wall of stone anymore (not for the last year or so), so please stop making up things to attempt to push an agenda.

Meh issues with wall of stone were reported when found, and managed to be tweaked relatively fast.

To clarify the issue:

Karma Spell: Stone Wall - this was fixed last year to prevent it from being used to entrap players in an exploit. The code used for this check was not used for the newly publicized source stone wall.

Source-made stone walls were updated to perform the same checks as the karma spell version.

The confusion was whether or not it was intentional to allow these magic walls to be made with source. That part is intentional by design at this time. The ability to entrap players via a known exploit with magic walls was not intentional and has been fixed.

Sorry for the late reply, but I thought it could use a finer explanation. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

To clarify the issue:

Karma Spell: Stone Wall - this was fixed last year to prevent it from being used to entrap players in an exploit. The code used for this check was not used for the newly publicized source stone wall.

Source-made stone walls were updated to perform the same checks as the karma spell version.

The confusion was whether or not it was intentional to allow these magic walls to be made with source. That part is intentional by design at this time. The ability to entrap players via a known exploit with magic walls was not intentional and has been fixed.

Sorry for the late reply, but I thought it could use a finer explanation. :)

Thankyou for the post and also for looking into the issue with players getting stuck. Myself and just about everyone thanks you I'm sure. 

Video illustrating point has been removed, instructions on making magic walls now unclear, magic wand stuck in ceiling fan.

I'm sure they'll put limits on this but still won't put limits on shaker orbs and caves which can also cause people to get stuck in the wall :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Haha, this reminds me of when people were getting killed because of the push code that allowed you to push people off cliffs.

• Like 2

• Removed Magic Wall creation from source salt due to balancing issues and redundancy
  • Like 1