Sign in to follow this  
Eltaran

[Issue] Open Fireplace turning off immediately

After lighting an open fireplace it turns off again immediately. The time window is too short to fuel the fire.

Even if you do manage to fuel it, it goes out a few minutes later...

This bug is all the time in game.(WU)

Somone can repair it?

Edited by MrLolan
  • Like 1

We are also noticing we can't keep any of our fireplaces lit, even with the ebony wand.

Bump. Ditto. A burst of flame and it goes out a second later.

Edit: um... weird.. I just came back and it started to burn on it's own. Server lag?

[07:41:23] A decorative open fireplace which provides light and warmth to those nearby. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 16.675018, Dam: 0.0.

[07:41:23]  The fire is not lit.

[07:41:28] You create a kindling.

[07:42:10] You start to light the open fireplace.

[07:42:51] A decorative open fireplace which provides light and warmth to those nearby. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 16.675018, Dam: 0.0.

[07:42:51]  The fire is not lit.

(goes out immediately)

almost 10 minutes later it decides to burst into life - I have been standing next to the unlit fireplace the whole time making a load of kindlings

[07:51:11] A decorative open fireplace which provides light and warmth to those nearby. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 16.675018, Dam: 0.0.

[07:51:11]  The fire burns steadily and will still burn for a long time.

[07:52:09] You fuel the open fireplace with a wood scrap.

Edited by Tinkerer

[11:25:51] A decorative open fireplace which provides light and warmth to those nearby. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 16.675018, Dam: 0.0.

[11:25:51]  The fire burns steadily and will still burn for a long time.

20kg of woodscraps... 16ql fireplace and despite not being lit for the first 10 minutes, three and a half hours later (with no extra fuel) it's still lit? This feels very bugged...   or do they behave like lamps/candlarbra.. once fuelled and lit they stay lit on-deed? I figured they behaved similar to ovens/forges.

Edited by Tinkerer

I have 2 on deed, both in finished structures. I originally lit them about 5 minutes apart. One lights & goes out with the torches/lamps on deed, one does not & will not stay lit.

I sadly lit one of mine to test something and cant get it to stop turning on with the deed lights ever, snuff does nothing despite never being fuelled.

• Like 2

Would like to add lamps to this issue.  User settings are overwritten to observe the day/night cycle.  It became apparent when I was trying to improve lamps during the day time.  While "glowing" in the forge, moving them to inventory caused them to become unlit and "cold".  When I planted said lamps and manually lit, they were instantly "glowing".  Every so often the lamps would all be snuffed.  When night came, the same lamps would become lit - even after manually snuffing them out.

While the fireplace issue might be observed as a cosmetic issue, it causes a major problem when trying to improve lamps during the day.

unfilled lamps instantly cooling when taken off the forge is intended.

improving them while planted is merely a nice additional way to improve them, not the main supposed way to do it.

not a "major problem" as you can still improve them in a forge if you are planter, deed mayor or have 'pickup planted' rights.

The lamps are filled.  They were planted for several months and I'd picked them up to repair/improve them (spirit templar).  While filled they would instantly become unlit during daylight hours, but stay lit during the evening.  While planted during the daytime they would become unlit and cold every few minutes, ignoring being lit manually. (All on-deed)

If it's OK to quibble over "major problem", then it shouldn't be labeled "cosmetic" because it does impact game play.

I've added this issue to the bug list as a request for lamps and fireplaces on deed to have the ability to bypass the auto-lit/auto-snuff state until the next sunrise/sunset.  I believe that is what you are all asking - if it's daytime and you want a lamp lit, you light it and it stays lit until you snuff it or the next daytime cycle auto-changes it's state.

• Like 1

^^ Perfect, Thanks so much Alectrys :).

By chance, would this resolve the issue of the heat state being related to the lit state?  Meaning, if a user accidentally snuffs a lit lamp, is it still "glowing from heat" or would it revert to cold, and then having to wait till it warmed back up.

For now remember that this happens when they get fuel.  Lighting one even with just a kindling still counts as fuel

So as a manual fix can bash and replace the fireplace, or take them off deed and let it burn itself out (I've not tested this as I did option A but theoretically it should work)

I got a rare fireplace and it really annoys my room mate [dadd] so before i die i hope it gets fixed, won't stop turning on.

Perhaps related:

Player in CA chat reports braziers turning themselves off when getting imped on deed.

I think i've found the Issue. The above reported error in my open fireplace it turned off immediately upon being lit (on deed) and turned on later that night and stays on overnight as it's supposed to. I can only suspect that it's related to the issue with braziers turning themselves off doing the same thing.

Ok today, I tried to snuff an open fireplace on my deed (Cornersville on Independence). It is located in an above ground building I do not own named nesT. The instant I snuffed it, it relit. I got the message in my local chat "[23:36:28] You snuff the open fireplace." Then it immediately relit (at night) several times. Over and Over and Over.

I have another open fire place in a different building. This building is underground and is named Cornersville Long House. So I went to check that one. I keep it unlit since the constant burning sounds like a monsters (lava- monster of some sort). So I was able to light it w/ a kindling and snuff it. It snuffed out and did not immediately relight.

So I was thinking maybe it was a building ownership issue. Maybe you have to own the building to make a open fireplace work correctly? Or maybe it needs to be underground. Not sure.

Its 5am, in game, and the ornery open fireplace just went out. I'm a go to bed b4 It lights again, the noise keeps me awake (lol).

That's my story.

TeeeBOMB

Today (12Jan) did next test. My friend is able to liht and extinguish the open fireplace  in my underground building too. So now, my new theory, is that it is not a building permissions issue.

Maybe it has to do with if the game auto lighting system got hold of that fireplace or not. The one that is working for me, has never been on long enough thru a daylight/night cycle. So maybe the deed auto lighting system/code did not take control of it yet.

Anyways, hope you can get a look at this issue at some point, would be nice to be able to turn off this fire place when I want to.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words