Sign in to follow this  
razoreqx

Patch Notes 2016-01-28

Fixes & Changes

Fixes for both beta and live

Fixed an issue that made it possible for a modified client to crash the server when logging in.

Duplicated messages in global chats should now be fixed.

From Beta to live

Fading on screen messages have been added for system messages and different types of events. Event messages of different types can be turned off in the settings menu.

A fix for the take option not showing for unplanted items off deed.

Flames should now disappear when the fire goes out in fireplaces.

Fireplaces should now auto-fill and auto-light on deed, taking from the deeds oil barrel.

If you have permission to pickup planted items on deed you should now also be able to turn/move said items.

Loading catapults will now check all the items inside containers for prohibited items, to prevent bypassing the restrictions.

Changed the height restrictions for building bridges to 0.

Fixed a null pointer exception that could happen while moving vehicles.

Beta Update

Most models in the graphics.jar have been converted to our own format. If you see models with incorrect UV/textures please let us know.

Fix so that when a fire place runs out of fuel the flames vanish.

Allow flags and banners to just show their description.

Fix so that items that will be created on ground don't check for parent container size before being placed on ground.

Fix so that action sounds can start playing earlier for a lot of actions.

Removed the low nutrition penalty.

Preventing players from unloading catapults if the unloaded item weighs too much.

Added default terraforming action and keybind.

Planted items off deed will now unplant if they go over 70 damage or under 10 quality.

A banner for Wurm Online was added to the launcher.

A lot of people are having issues with this update too. A lot of crashing before game loading so far. Doesn't look good right now.

I was playing on Mythmoor and crashed. Now I can't get past the connecting screen on any server. HELP!

Crashing after server connection screen. Happens using vanilla client without any modloaders patched (also happens with them patched unsurprisingly).

The reason for this crash is the client version requiring an updated server version. The hosts will need to update as soon as they can

When the server was upgraded the client would get an invalid protocol version

Trying to find out if this is a modloader issue.. 

Did the patch by chance change something in the listener ports?

Edited by razoreqx

It sounds like an earlier problem they had with java client versions, but clearing my java cache doesn't seem to fix the problems I am seeing. I can connect to your server Razor, and to my own local test servers, but not to another private server I also play on. (I was able to connect to this server earlier, then logged out to check something on one of my test servers, then couldn't get back on that private server.) Hopefully the devs are working on it and can get it resolved.

14 minutes ago, Romen said:

It sounds like an earlier problem they had with java client versions, but clearing my java cache doesn't seem to fix the problems I am seeing. I can connect to your server Razor, and to my own local test servers, but not to another private server I also play on. (I was able to connect to this server earlier, then logged out to check something on one of my test servers, then couldn't get back on that private server.) Hopefully the devs are working on it and can get it resolved.

Roman i backed out the server upgrade before you logged in.... I was unable to log into the server on the new version.   "invalid protocol"   errors.  

This isnt ideal because it causes frequent crashes on the client side increasing the chances of a player lockout bug we've seen in the past..     Im trying to nail down the issue on the test server. 

Edited by razoreqx

"Most models in the graphics.jar have been converted to our own format. If you see models with incorrect UV/textures please let us know. "

What does this mean, the graphic.jar at first glace looks the same as before with UV/textures png or jpg while using a collora model format

Nice Patch, anything working fine, no crashes, everyone can login just fine.

Don´t blame Code Club for things that isn´t their Job.

If someone want blame someone, blame the Server Admins who dosn´t update their Server.

14 minutes ago, bigsteve said:

They cant be on 24/7.

Still not the fault of Code Club.