Sign in to follow this  
Pinchaloaf

Why is macroing on the PvE servers cheating?

18 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

Except that the discussion of why it would be ok or not to macro is not what that rule is designed for, that should be pretty clear to the average person. The rule is designed for talking about specific macros, such as "oh! I have this macro that does this, but this piece of code I can't get right, any help?" or "here is a link to a site with a great macro script written just for Wurm or games like it: <link>"

Talking simply about why macros are banned from usage in Wurm is far from what the rule is intended to be for.

REALY??

23 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

Except that the discussion of why it would be ok or not to macro is not what that rule is designed for, that should be pretty clear to the average person. The rule is designed for talking about specific macros, such as "oh! I have this macro that does this, but this piece of code I can't get right, any help?" or "here is a link to a site with a great macro script written just for Wurm or games like it: <link>"

Talking simply about why macros are banned from usage in Wurm is far from what the rule is intended to be for.

As I'm obviously below the intelligence of the average person the wording of the rules must of confused me. 

" C ) You may not discuss, post items or links on macros, or disallowed game practices as per the game rules."

obviously the average person would read that and see that it meant

" You may not discuss, post items or links on macros, or disallowed game practices as per the game rules. Unless you're discussing macros without directing giving out macro script information, however you're allowed to challenge the game rules and troll all that you see fit" 

Now I'd be tempted to continue argue the point and perhaps even tell you where you can place your condescending attitude. However that would be against the forum rule regarding challenging moderation (Assuming you still enforce that one). Even if we disagree on the semantics of macro discussion, it doesn't change the fact that this troll thread clearly has run it's course and should be locked (even the OP has asked for it to be so some pages back!). Seriously. <_<

• Like 3

I'm not here debating whether the thread should be locked on the point of senseless trolling, I'm here to point out that discussing why or why not macros are disallowed in Wurm is not what that rule is meant to cover. I've even just confirmed this fact with Rolf. A simple discussion regarding why macros aren't allowed in Wurm is entirely ok, it is regarding talking about exploits and the intricacies of macros or where to find them or set them up ect that would break that rule.

Doesn't stuff like this usually get locked for "running it's course" by now though?

As Zerocool eloquently states.

Thread Locked. 

regards

Solmark

LFM

• Like 2