Sign in to follow this  
Pinchaloaf

Why is macroing on the PvE servers cheating?

After seeing someone get tossed out the game for macroing, and the resulting circle jerk of nerds rejoicing that a cheater was caught, I started wondering why is it even cheating on a PvE server to macro?

On a PvP server I get it. Getting that edge over the enemy is an understandable reason to explore other avenues of gaming the game. It's the prize to be had, and people will get it any way they can, and then try to hold on to it as fiercely as they can. But what exactly makes it a crime to macro on a server where the end result is making as many roads as possible untouchable?

If you need it explained for you then i am not sure it would do much good.  Seriously go sit down and think about it and if you cannot figure it out then there is no help for you.  Hint: wurm is not single player

• Like 10

Does it really need explained?  PvP vs PvE makes no difference, this game is about skills.  Afk grinding of skills via the use of macros will give you an edge no matter what server you are on.  To say it gives you an edge on PvP but not really PvE is false.  Skills are just as much the main focus on PvE as PvP.

I don't feel like explaining anything more other then to say it's been a no-no since day 1.  This simply may not be the game for you if you'd prefer to afk your way through it.

• Like 1

You're not really after a discussion, you just want to fuel the "PvP vs. PvE" arguments again since it's been quiet on that front for a while.

Shame on you, seriously.

• Like 11

Sure, this game needs a army of Chinese gold farmer, LOL, just more people you cant interact with.

Also PVE side does supply Chaos 

Can we lock this thread too?  Another moot and pointless question.  The OP is obviously trying to insult everyone with his antics, and defending the idea of cheating whilst doing so.  Total crap.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Can we lock this thread too?  Another moot and pointless question.

Yes, um third again.

Besides he called us nerds.  I am not a nerd, i am an Uber Geek (geek == nerd + social skills)

• Like 1

This thread has no purpose beyond acting as flame-bait.

Shame on the Original Poster.

Holy hell, did not expect this much crap over a question.

I honestly have no idea what advancing your skills does for you other than making your own crap higher QL on a PvE server. Pure and simple. And if someone macros to grind up skills, then who cares?

I'm not baiting, nor have I been banned for macroing. It was just a simple question. Is it that if someone has a higher skill than you on a PvE server because they macro'd that it's somehow unfair? I just don't understand why it matters when the skills play no other part than to improve your own stuff.

Edited by Pinchaloaf
  • Like 1

Macro is easy fast skills and items and items/skills is equivalent to money in this game so the macro user is getting an unfair advantage over the player that is playing normal. 

Edit: The issue is that you are thinking of macros as an easy mining workaround but that is not the issue it is the advanced macro/bot makers that would be the trouble.

Edited by Kegan

I really hope you aren't talking about the player/supply driven "economy" in this game. Anything that is player made that is sold, can be made by the player buying it as well. So, the demand is artificial at best, and the price is driven by the few that have simply been playing a game longer than others. Demand does not drive the economy in Wurm, so skills have no bearing on the matter.

7 minutes ago, Pinchaloaf said:

I honestly have no idea what advancing your skills does for you other than making your own crap higher QL on a PvE server. Pure and simple. And if someone macros to grind up skills, then who cares?

I'm not baiting, nor have I been banned for macroing. It was just a simple question. Is it that if someone has a higher skill than you a PvE server on because they macro'd that it's somehow unfair? I just don't understand why it matters when the skills play no other part than to improve your own stuff.

You can´t really be that stupid to not see the Damage being done by Cheaters....or...?

8 minutes ago, Pinchaloaf said:

I'm not baiting, nor have I been banned for macroing. It was just a simple question. Is it that if someone has a higher skill than you on a PvE server because they macro'd that it's somehow unfair? I just don't understand why it matters when the skills play no other part than to improve your own stuff.

Schrodinger's Troll: A poster who determines the intention of his original post based on the reactions of the people in the thread.

1 hour ago, Pinchaloaf said:

After seeing someone get tossed out the game for macroing, and the resulting circle jerk of nerds rejoicing that a cheater was caught

Your very first sentence is flame-bait, and nobody bit. Cheating is cheating by the rules set by CodeClub AB. No justification will change the outcome of breaking one of the rules.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

Just now, Pinchaloaf said:

I really hope you aren't talking about the player/supply driven "economy" in this game. Anything that is player made that is sold, can be made by the player buying it as well. So, the demand is artificial at best, and the price is driven by the few that have simply been playing a game longer than others. Demand does not drive the economy in Wurm, so skills have no bearing on the matter.

Do you see accounts being sold? I have and that is more or less skills being sold so i do not see how you can say that skills do not matter any in the game. 

Just now, Pinchaloaf said:

Nevermind then. Delete the thread ffs.

First wise thing you've said all thread.

• Like 3

For the record, I've done nothing but PvP in Wurm and I was legitimately curious why macroing matters on PvE. I've never macro'd before because to me, it defeats the purpose of "playing" a game. But I can see everyone would rather call troll.

1 minute ago, bangzuvelis said:

wait what? No macroing??? Is this a joke? 

I am not sure if you are kidding or what but yes using macros in the game is against the rules and you can be banned for it. 

Code Club does not sanction or have anything to do with selling accounts. And as far as I know, the accounts are still property of Code Club. I'm not sure how that factors in to the macroing is easy money thing.

Seriously, treat me like a complete fool, and explain a little better please. I have been known to change my mind if persuaded.

Edited by Pinchaloaf

meh, he is just a troll. every troll post requires a troll answer. if he played only pvp, he read the rules like 50 times more than average pve player, since the smallest thing can be a game changer.

3 minutes ago, Pinchaloaf said:

Code Club does not sanction or have anything to do with selling accounts. And as far as I know, the accounts are still property of Code Club. I'm not sure how that factors in to the macroing is easy money thing.

Seriously, treat me like a complete fool, and explain a little better please. I have been known to change my mind if persuaded.

Oh God......seriously?!?

You STILL can´t see it???

Beside that, whats so "special" about PvP that makes macros unfair but not on PvE, i don´t get this logic.

Edited by Caduryn

Macroing is banned, the end.

You are loosing your money if you are caught, if you are not caught you are devaluating the whole market, be it accounts, skills or items. Macroing is bad and you should feel bad.

And I'm not a nerd, I'm a god.

• Like 4