Sign in to follow this  
Sam_J

Modding additional key bindings?

Is it possible to mod additional key bindings (to use with console command "bind 1 <keybind>") to Wurm Unlimited? There are several missing keybinds from the base game, like Taunt, Archery Shoots, Riding a horse (there is EMBARK_COMMANDER but only works with carts and ships). Also keybinds for special moves don't work properly, DESTROY_FENCE doesn't work, etc.

It would be awesome if those can be modded in without waiting for Devs to do it, if they do it.

Moved from Unlimited Questions and Confusions

• Like 1

I've made something like that

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/action/releases/tag/v0.1

To use you need to figure out the numeric ID of the action.

1. open console and write

act_show on

2. rightclick something - you will see numbers next to commands

aY4voyx.jpg

3. open console and write 

bind <key> "act <id> hover"

2WXkmXf.jpg

4. press key

byOGuQp.jpg

5. ???

gCruBsl.jpg

6. profit

Instead of hover in the command (which targets whatever your mouse is on, like normal keybinds) - you can write "body" to target your body (for spells, etc.) or "tile" to target you are on (digging, etc.)

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Oh my god! You are amazing person and deserve the whole internets! Thank you!

EDIT: Works wonderfully, this was the exact thing I ever wanted in Wurm. Thanks again!

Edited by Sam_J

This mod has been ahhhhhh-mazing! Something I can't figure out though, is how to set a keybind for tile borders. When I try to make a fence, or wall plan etc for the hover option, it says Uknown command. It seems like only the square tiles are supported. Any chance to get this to support the tile borders too?

Awe man.... This only for WU?  I want an embark horse and embark commander hotkey in WO. :(

Edited by nicedreams

16 hours ago, Malena said:

This mod has been ahhhhhh-mazing! Something I can't figure out though, is how to set a keybind for tile borders. When I try to make a fence, or wall plan etc for the hover option, it says Uknown command. It seems like only the square tiles are supported. Any chance to get this to support the tile borders too?

bind key "act 123 hover" 

With 123 being whatever action number you want. Should work for tile borders and everything. I used it a lot for GM-building fences on my server.

15 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Awe man.... This only for WU?  I want an embark horse and embark commander hotkey in WO. :(

Sadly modding WO is prohibited, one of the reasons i switchet to WU honestly.

2 hours ago, bdew said:

bind key "act 123 hover" 

With 123 being whatever action number you want. Should work for tile borders and everything. I used it a lot for GM-building fences on my server.

Hover is the one I use for pretty much all of the keybinds using this tool, but like I say, it won't work with anything hovered over tile borders. I can take screenshots in the evening of the exact process I do, maybe you can spot what I'm doing wrong. :)

Alrighty, I tested it again with fences and it worked like a dream. Not sure how I messed up last time. But tile borders still don't seem to work for planning walls, after doing the following steps...

hover.jpg

And upon pressing G over a tileborder on the second floor of a house, nothing happens, nor is there any error message either. 

is that tile border above first floor? if so it's a know issue, they need some special voodoo to work and i haven't figured that out yet.

Yeah, you're absolutely right! It works fine on ground level but not on second level! Well that's good to know then, I remember trying it on second level and never even attempting ground level after that, assuming that in all simplicity that tile borders had been overlooked or something. Thanks for the response, such a nifty little mod!