Sign in to follow this  
Forodrim

small Animals for Bow Hunting and trapping

most animals at the moment can be hunted by bow very efficiently, also traps are, as far as I know, close to useless in a PVE environment. 

My suggestion would be to introduce small animals, like rabbit, raccoon and such. Given them a small mound (rabbit hole) to which they run when a player comes too close, making melee hunting impossible. 

Those animals could be hunted by bow (give them very low HP so they can be one or two shotted but are probably harder to hit due to size) or by trap (each trap close enough to a mound has a x% chance per day to trapping an animal.)

These animals could give 1 meat, and perhaps a low ql pelt. that pelt could mostly be used to craft decorations (rabbit paw as a lucky charm, raccoon pelt to make a hat etc.) 

• Like 1

I like the idea of a % chance per day to catch, based upon quality of trap and player skill.

You wouldn't even really need to introduce graphical animals running around..just spawn them in the trap, already dead. (If you want a to see them in-game quickly)

Can't imagine that would take more than a few days to add.

Like you said, could be an 'afk' way of gathering some meat, pelts, etc every day. Maybe cap your max traps at 1 per 5/10 trapping skill for example.

+1 to traps being added that can murderize small critters (creating a corpse on the ground and trap poof) that can be butchered and provide meat and possibly animal parts

this gives the traps skill some use, and an opportunity to get meat / animal parts w/o overbreeding specific creatures(like everyone does) just to butcher

the traps could be existing traps that have a chance to murderize a random creature based on ql every so many minutes

ie: 90ql trap would have 90% chance to spawn a corpse each hour (corpse type is random) and once the corpse is spawned, the trap poofs

edit: 

-1 to the rest... 

Edited by Evilreaper

+1

Yeah.. I'm sick of those bunnies decimating my carrot fields..  oh wait, hang on, no carrots yet, no bunnies yet, no traps yet.... but I still love the idea :)