Sign in to follow this  
KeenoBamBeano

Goodbye Wurm

Its funny, received a ban for macros today. On a PvE server in a game you can pay 2 win to the top no less... and yet i know its against the rules but when over half the player base does it come on... i mean it sticks out like a sore thumb throughout my travels i cant even count the amount of times i crossed some settlement that is dead silents after a o/ yet everyone is hammering away then you get that awkward /tell of o/ 20mins later or that try to be sneak in a cave to cover their tracks of sound and creation in local. I mean if your gonna take the time to ban me a lone scrub that actually playing the majority of the time, how cant some of these rare item farm grinders with their armys of alt accounts pushing the silver on the forums be bothered with? How isnt this obvious?  W/E thin your heard more WO this only pushes you closer to your end.

Why would we pay to win if we're all dirty macroers? You make no sense

• Like 1

Just because no one replies to you when you pass does not mean we use macros like you did.  More likely we are too busy grinding to reply to you.  Most everyone in my alliance can be online grinding all night and hardly talk.

• Like 8

I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.” 
 Marilyn Monroe

• Like 3

Sounds like someone with a grudge.  You cheated, got caught, and are now trying to point fingers like it's the fault of others.  Adios man.

• Like 7

A lot of people also watch TV and other stuff while playing, and just get into that rhythm of button pressing

• Like 3

serious question: how did you get caught?

think we all wanna know,

since we all macroe

#hashi best rapper 2k16

• Like 1

Sounds more like someone who assumed that people were macroing when they probably just didn't look in local....

1 hour ago, KeenoBamBeano said:

over half the player base does it come on

Whoa buddy whoooooooa I breed chimpanzees to push these buttons

• Like 2

Whilst there are those who chose to break the rules. I an't gunna morn the loss of a cheater, hopefully more join you. Cya! 

(Also saying "everyone else does it" does not justify breaking the rules...come man what are you 5yrs old??) 

• Like 14

I feel like every time someone gets banned for good reasons they come to the forums and complain about it.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KeenoBamBeano said:

...  throughout my travels i cant even count the amount of times i crossed some settlement that is dead silents after a o/ yet everyone is hammering away then you get that awkward /tell of o/ 20mins later

That happens because, in Local, mostly templars are chatting with random trolls, and we all know each line of their conversation by now, so nobody bothers to read it over and over again:

"Spirit Templar: o/"

"Aged Fat Random Troll: o/"

"Spirit Templar: I'll take care of Aged Fat Random Troll!"

"Aged Fat Random Troll: No, you won't!" (then Aged Fat Random Troll steps one tile away from deed).

Few minutes later:

"Spirit Templar: o/"

"Aged Fat Random Troll's Friend: o/"

"Spirit Templar: I'll take care of Aged Fat Random Troll' Friend!"

"Aged Fat Random Troll's Friend: No, you won't!" (then Aged Fat Random Troll's Friend steps one tile away from deed).

Other than that, bye, Keeno (or you could learn from your mistake and start over again, but playing honest this time, Wurm community can forgive and forget when a lesson is learned).

• Like 7

Wurm is a very easy game to queue up a bunch of actions in and look away once you know how much your stamina can take. As I understand it, it is acceptable to push one button to fill your ingame queue. This is on the condition that it does not fill your queue for you multiple times with a single button press, either by spamming the button, waiting, duplicating input to multiple windows or some other measure. I have a few macros on my razer mouse that push keybinds until the queue is full and then terminate. Saves my wrist a great deal of stress. Yes, people do use macros. Read the blue part of the rules. There is an acceptable level of automation even if it is not described as such.

Fortunately, you have the option now of playing however you feel is fair on Wurm Unlimited. It may not have the same people or population level or map, but it allows for a rule set that you define. If you decide to give Online another try (assuming you are permitted to, I don't know the severity of the punishment), it is always better to submit a ticket and disclose your exact intent. If you haven't done anything yet, they will let you know if it is acceptable.

Also, some people are from wild and won't talk in local period.

• Like 2

heh... I run so many alts at times, it can be many hours before I ever even see a local hello.  To save resources, I minimize all chat on the clients, hide trade, kindom, GL and CA most of the time.  If nobody waves back as you pass by, then maybe they just weren't expecting guests.  Don't assume it is everywhere.

• Like 1

Also pretty easy to detect macros since they can be easily pick up on network Intrusion Prevention Systems since they follow regular patterns

Im always happy when i see a macroer get banned. Hopefully many more will be.

• Like 11

Half of the people on wurm macro, and i'm here watching the screen all day long pressing the buttons like a chimp (i don't have the AT skill yet to train one myself).

I hope the macro checks get better and better, and the user interface gets more random so it can't be macro'ed so easily.

I received a macro question check the other day while imping some stuff, does that mean i play too much ?

Oh yeah, bye KeenoBamBeano

Edit: reading the post for a second time gave me the impression i was reading a statement from our politicians who get caught with bribes and act all baffled as to how come does this happens to them.. in the end.. everyone does it. Well yeah.. but that does not make it right even if everyone did it.. It's still against the rules, and it's also a slap in the face of the ones that play the game the proper way..

Edited by faty

If you want attention. Local chat is not your best option.

Its often missed since people are chatting in alliance or village chats.

Go play on one of the many macro friendly servers in Unlimited. Problem solved. Add to that the fact that skill gains aren't going to turn you into a mouth breathing fast food worker within a month, and you might actually have fun in the game.