Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Remove god domain restriction for Erupt/Freeze

Right now, the meditation ability Erupt/Freeze only works on tiles in your kingdom, and not in a non-Magranon domain.

Why??

The kingdom restriction should be sufficient for PvP purposes, and on PvE, restricting a meditation ability based on religion is pointless and frustrating. Right now, I have a Fo character I'll be priesting who is on Path of Power, so using Erupt/Freeze on anything is a total pain since she can't actually use it in Fo's domain.

Is there a reason for the religious restriction on this? I certainly don't see one, or a downside to removing it.

• Like 5

Probably something to do with mag preists being able to walk on lava without taking damage.

Nevertheless it still needs to be changed, the kingdom prevention is understandable, but the domain one doesnt make sense.

+1, keep usual deed and kingdom restrictions, don't need religion added in

+1 Not sure why meditation is mixing with religion in the first place...

Thing is, I know this isn't the first thread about it, either... but still no reason given for it not being changed, even though it seems pretty unanimously agreed upon by players and there's no discernible game design reason not to do it.

+1, magranon priests are harder and harder to find since the nahjo upraise. No point in tying meditation paths to religion as well.

• Like 1

+1 even with my path of power mag it is av pain to use.  I can't see it going too  powerful without the domain restriction.  Erupted lava  tiles are temporary anyways. 

+1

anything to boost the less common meditation paths is awsome! we need more diversity, there is probably less than a dozen path of power toons in wurm, and fading fast

Edited by Evilreaper

My Mag priest is one, both is a rarity now :D

+1 my PoP alt converted to Nahjo without consulting Cleric, so now her path is tired to another religion,  And cannot talk to my Mag priest as she is already too insane to care.   Alts just will not listen to common sense some times...

Edited by ClericGunem
  • Like 1

Aye the god domain restriction on a meditation path ability does seem odd.

On the otherhand lava can be a fairly destructive terrain.

11 hours ago, Klaa said:

Aye the god domain restriction on a meditation path ability does seem odd.

On the otherhand lava can be a fairly destructive terrain.

It can! But religious restrictions do not meaningfully reduce the potential for abuse.

1. On PvP servers, it's restricted by kingdom already.
  2. On PvE servers, deed permissions control its usage.
  3. You can still use it where there's a Magranon domain, or no domain (bug?), which means if it would be abusable, it already is.
  4. You could just build and improve a Magranon altar to take over the local domain anyway, and then use it. This actually winds up being more of an abuse than simply using the ability to make lava where someone doesn't want it, because now you've also goofed up their local domains by changing them to Magranon.

In other words, I can hardly think of a way this change would meaningfully increase the potential for abuse, and can see at least one case (messing up someone's local domain so you can channel the ability) where it would decrease abuse.

• Like 4

Mmm close; however god domains do not always update immediately after an altar is created.

Anyways, far as pvp goes, the kingdom restriction seems fine by itself.

path of hate bound to myc which is bound to chaos....

#BRINGHATETOFREEDOM

#BRINGMYCTOFREEDOM

#BRINGLIBILATOFREEDOM

• Like 3

That's a bit off topic, and mycelium/Libila are not allowed on PvE for other reasons. Path of Hate being available doesn't seem so problematic, if there were a non-mycelium way to get it, but that's neither here nor there.

8 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

That's a bit off topic, and mycelium/Libila are not allowed on PvE for other reasons. Path of Hate being available doesn't seem so problematic, if there were a non-mycelium way to get it, but that's neither here nor there.

this is exactly on topic... path of hate is bound to libila's ability to create mycelium which can only survive in her domain....   without libila's domain = no myc = no path of hate

A question about the erupt/freeze : Does it work on ore veins inside a tunnel ?

Yeah, it works on ore as well as reinforcements. Has to be done from on top, though, not inside the mine.

Bumping because this is even worse now with the new domain system, since we can no longer build a stone Magranon altar inside a mine and push it out for a temporary domain.

• Like 1

can anyone answer if the Erupt ability works in Nahjo domains?

Secondly, I would point out that, if Mag is getting an "elemental ability"  why are there no similar ones via other religions?

Fo would obviously be the refresh or the enchant grass/trees but there is NO restrictions.

Vynora would be knowledge gains via path of knowledge, but again.... no restrictions.

Lybilas has path of hate and that is bound to her, period.  and they have a technical restriction that is a round about.

So why do some have restrictions and not others?

3 hours ago, Tallios said:

Secondly, I would point out that, if Mag is getting an "elemental ability"  why are there no similar ones via other religions?

Fo would obviously be the refresh or the enchant grass/trees but there is NO restrictions.

Vynora would be knowledge gains via path of knowledge, but again.... no restrictions.

Lybilas has path of hate and that is bound to her, period.  and they have a technical restriction that is a round about.

So why do some have restrictions and not others?

Erupt is tied to Mag due to lore supposedly, someone had a good lore-based reasons and it it made sense why it was a Mag domain.  I do not remember it, but the hints like in Mag converting speech 'together we will strive to rule the world. We will conquer all evil, build fantastic houses and live rich and glorious lives in them" which sounds like PoP propaganda.  Also Mag priests can walk on lava....

The restriction should be removed or granted to god's domains that can walk of lava maybe, but if they allow us to build altars in other god's domains then that should be enough.

Personally i am now leaning toward keeping it as the only two things that Magranon has are erupt (Mag domain) and disintegrate (in PvE).  Take those away and there will be only a few Mag priests left on Freedom, not that there are many now anyway

42 minutes ago, ClericGunem said:

Erupt is tied to Mag due to lore supposedly, someone had a good lore-based reasons and it it made sense why it was a Mag domain.  I do not remember it, but the hints like in Mag converting speech 'together we will strive to rule the world. We will conquer all evil, build fantastic houses and live rich and glorious lives in them" which sounds like PoP propaganda.  Also Mag priests can walk on lava....

The restriction should be removed or granted to god's domains that can walk of lava maybe, but if they allow us to build altars in other god's domains then that should be enough.

Personally i am now leaning toward keeping it as the only two things that Magranon has are erupt (Mag domain) and disintegrate (in PvE).  Take those away and there will be only a few Mag priests left on Freedom, not that there are many now anyway

Hey I'm all for Mag having something Good and Unique, and Nahjo seems to cheat him a lot.

Also.... where the hell is the lore?

Edited by Tallios