Sign in to follow this  
ElvenElder

The treasure of TLR

Once upon a time there was a man. He was obsessed with wardeed security in pvp servers. So he thought that if the surface walls were not enough to provide security for his treasures, a thousand of small underground reinforced mines would do the trick. So he started franticly building them. He build so many and so perfectly reinforced that it is said, even the biggest army of them all could not get in all of them in a time comparable to humans life span.

Countless of sieges reasured him that if the enemies can't get in, he should use them to store his valuables inside a hostile environment that pvp servers are. So he started hoarding items and day after day, he kept storing more and more valuable items. His obsession went so big, that he even started storing his most valuable armors and weapons including drake sets and rare items.

One day, the man had to take on a big journey that would last days. He didn't know when he'd be able to get back. But he was so sure about his security that he left all his items behind. During his absense, enemies attacked the wardeed and the villagers of the wardeed were forced to seal all the little safe mines he created before they move away from the collapsing village. Days later, the man was able to return back. During his absense everyone had fled. Eventually he tried to get into his vault to get back his items but he figured out that he himself had fallen victim of the greatest security structure he ever build. He was himself locked outside of his own safe vaults now that his village was no more with no way to access his treasures. 

The rumor has it that in that place there were over fifty sealed safe mines and in one of them, he has stored his drake set alongside with all his other war loot. Seeing as his greatest security plan had not only kept his enemies away but himself too, the man went mad. He abandoned his physical form and became a spirit that merged with the reinforced cave walls in order to break them apart with forces not known and not understood by man. He never managed to break into but he also never managed to return to his human form again.

The ghost of reinforcements they call it. If you've spent a lot of time inside a reinforced cave, you might have seen it too, aimlessly moving from cave to cave trying to find a treasure long lost in time and space ...

Edited by ElvenElder
  • Like 2

...and this is why I don't own a safe in real life. :D

Assuming that English isn't your first language, it's well written too :)

Ty ;) Every time I get a day off with access to computer, I'll write one of my stories both from pvp and pve servers. I'll try to write them on a different style each time. Most stories will have clues about situations that actually happened in wurm, with name of players altered a bit to provide anonymity ;)

My previous story is here : 

Spoiler

The title could also be : Meeting the cheater.

Edited by ElvenElder

This tale is true, I have seen the TLR mines and I do believe there is something interesting down there!

51 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

This tale is true, I have seen the TLR mines and I do believe there is something interesting down there!

Maybe it was your sense of loyalty you lost a long time ago.

• Like 2

You can have the best fortifications ever built but if there is no one to defend the fortification means nothing.