Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #3 I come from a house down under

header.png

Hi Everyone!

Another week goes by in the world of Wurm, and once again the weekend is here, but before that, lots of juicy news!

This week saw an update that didn't quite go as planned, an improvement on some systems was introduced but caused too much server lag, we reverted the change and will work in refining the system for a future update

Wurm Unlimited also saw an update, with two beta patches going live this week. We're aware of the issue with double text and will have that resolved in a hotfix soon.

Wurm Online Patch Notes

Spoiler
January 18, 2016
  • Fix so guards can once again teleport into caves.
  • (EPIC) Fix so unlawful citizens cannot remove mine reinforcements.
  • Cave tiles that are reinforced (floors) now reduce the possibility of cave ins.
  • Fixed an issue where you could load artifacts in to a catapult.
  • Fix for invalid kingdoms on Chaos and HOTS kingdom on new players.
  • Players on Epic can no longer move corpses when there are enemies nearby.
  • Removed a warning from all players that had one since the majority of them were several years old.

Wurm Unlimited Patch Notes

Spoiler
  • Message protocols have been changed so both server and client needs to run the same version or it will crash.
  • Container size was not checked properly when moving items from bulk containers.
  • Village timer check bypassed for same village when trading deed.
  • Rice wine can now get you drunk.
  • An issue that caused harvest times to be put too far off in the future was fixed.
  • Added a warning at 5 minutes of sleep bonus inactivity.
  • Marble tables and the wood bedside table can now be picked up.
  • Corrected capitalization for several titles.
  • Additional fixes for mycelium spreading.
  • Fix so that people cannot repair/improve buildings in deed perimeters without permissions.
  • Fix for losing permissions on server reset after crossing servers.
  • Mushrooms can now be stored in food storage bins.
  • Fix for deity name when favor is full.
  • Fixes for structure permissions in pvp.
  • Fix so structure managers can pick their own locks off-deed.
  • Ritual of Sun should now remove damage on floors when cast.
  • Fix for hiring a bed, so it correctly remembers who rented it.
  • Fix so that the rangepole quality is used correctly.
  • Passengers on wagons should now be enabled.
  • Fix for items and creatures sinking into floors on ground level.
  • Fix for floor, staircases and roof quality when just made.
  • Added a toggle for swapping between standard Wurm camera control scheme and a Free look / mouselook mode( same way as most FPS games have it), look in the options menu and keybindings to set things up the way you like it.
  • A new model loader for our own format have been added, no models yet but expect us to start swapping them out.
  • Fixed some issues with player texture lod when embarked on large vehicles, like a knarr.
  • Removed some server transfer limitations for sailing to other servers.

From the 2015-12-21 beta update

• Fixed an issue where it was possible to sit in a chair underwater.
  • Fix: You stand up from your chair when disconnecting.
  • Fix: No longer able to pick up or load an occupied chair.
  • Removed the 'Add to crafting window' from several types of chairs.
  • Keybinds for spells have been added. The names of the binds will be the same as the spell name in most cases (where spaces are replaced with underscores). The bindings can also be set up from the ‘Options’ within the client, in the ‘Keybindings’ tab
  • Chair names should now display properly.
  • You should now be able to build spiral stairs.
  • Fix so that you can rotate unfinished new staircases.
  • The halter rope item was added, it can be used to lead up to 4 animals.
  • Sleep bonus idle timeout profile option was added.
  • Fix for the Dirt spell working on locked containers without permission.
  • Fix for grass not spreading properly in some situations.
  • Change: Moss and steppe can now spread, mycelium will now spread over dirt and not sand.
  • Fix for permissions blocking sitting.
  • Made all chairs plantable.
  • Rams should now spawn on grass and steppe.
  • Added charcoal drop from hell hounds.
  • Added cooked meat drop instead of regular meat drops for hell/lava creatures.
  • FILET key bind added.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to filet without a knife.
  • Added SACRIFICE, MEDITATE, LOAD_CARGO and UNLOAD_CARGO binds
  • Made it possible to put hot items into bulk containers.
  • Made washing bowl plantable.
  • Made royal throne takeable.
  • Low Rider and Sludge now actually hit the crotch and with better wording.
  • Sword and axe displays can now be crafter.

Beta update

• Fading on screen messages have been added for system messages and different types of events. Event messages of different types can be turned off in the settings menu.
  • A fix for the take option not showing for unplanted items off deed.
  • Flames should now disappear when the fire goes out in fireplaces.
  • Fireplaces should now auto-fill and auto-light on deed, taking from the deeds oil barrel.
  • If you have permission to pickup planted items on deed you should now also be able to turn/move said items.
  • Loading catapults will now check all the items inside containers for prohibited items, to prevent bypassing the restrictions.
  • Changed the height restrictions for building bridges to 0.
  • Fixed a null pointer exception that could happen while moving vehicles.

You live WHERE?!

Now normally I don't showcase features unless they're coming in soon, but with Wurm Unlimited update, there was a slight surprise in the code, so I'm giving you all a sneak peek of a feature that Tich is working tirelessly on... Underground homes! That's right, all you dwarven types and cave dwellers will be able to get cosy underground. This feature is a major work in progress, so there is currently NO ETA on when it will go live, but it looks like it will bring a bunch of other awesome things our way too. So stay tuned for further updates as time goes on, but until then here's a sneak peek at them.

Spoiler

cavehouse.jpg

A kingdoms passing

This week we all received the news that the HOTS pmk  Black Legion, on Chaos has been disbanded and removed. Black Legion was founded in early 2014, and was of course the kingdom with the widely recognised black banners and wagons. We congratulate The Empire of Mol Rehan for their vidtory in draining the final deed as well as the other kingdoms for clashes in the past, and wish those from the Black Legion good luck in their revenge!

We're also aware that there are issues with the banners/wagons reverting and losing the Black Legion design, we're looking at how this can be avoided, but currently do not have an answer as to whether it is possible, or will be done.

New CR Assistant!

I'd like to introduce my new Community Relations Assistant, Aniceset! She will be helping me keep an eye on important topics and also seen around performing various tasks and muttering about me under her breath, be sure to make her feel welcome!

Weekly question

We're always looking for new events to entertain and excite, what would you like to see?

This weeks screenshot is from the Black Legion recruitment thread, a small holiday greeting from the now faded kingdom

blacklegion.jpg

That's it for this week, I look forward to dropping in this weekend and spending some time with you all

Until then, keep on wurming!

-Retrograde

Community Relations Coordinator

• Like 22

Welcome to Aniceset! (Good choice, Retro! :) )

• Like 3

Finally, I can build a dungeon for villagers... I mean a nice underground house to relax in.

• Like 6

welcome Aniceset.

And for events:

NERFALONG

at

Berrisville

(would be fine with March on Berrisville too tho)

• Like 2

On 15.1.2016 at 6:10 PM, Jonydowy said:

Anyway,nice stuff comming in..keep it going:D

Also,any word on those new clothes?

Has been announced many moons ago. So just a short note or anything would be nice.

omg omg omg

*running in circles*

Edited by Urvel

i can see it now... mansions above ground can now be in deep dark dungeons.... Epic

Tho question: Can tich look into getting BRIDGES in caves too since bridges would be VERY useful in creating elevators buildings. Example picture here:

OIglezM.jpg

Lines are the tunnel, Black box is the multistory building, Blue is the bridge, and green are the doors. was to lazy to draw in floors sooo

Additionially, Will the max height you can mine be altered in any way with cave housing or will it always be 28 meters or whatever the height is?

And lastly, Will we be able to relocate our settlement tokens into caves too with this change or no?

• Like 7

Excellent news that Tich is working on being able to build houses in mines! Now the wait will be excruciating. This will be a great addition though, enabling the ability to lock out entrance to the main mine from the perimeter and vice-versa. Sectioning off areas of mine access, etc.

I can see some good applications for this, as well as designing mine heights for some impressive buildings to be built inside, although most will never see them, heh. Even cave dweller Wurmians who will never again come out to see the light of day, as they sleep snugly in their underground functioning beds. Zzzzzz....

=Ayes=

Ooooh. Maybe I'll be done with Ascalon by the time we're able to build underground.

...and then the real fun begins...

I cannot wait for the underground homes - Exciting news indeed! I have the perfect underground cavern connected to my house now ready to go. The wait for them begins.. :D

Thank you for the warm welcome aboard the team as well! (I don't mutter.. I just make space in the plans of my underground home *cough dungeon* for you to visit, no checkout time listed)

• Like 11

This is one of my most anticipated features!  Life is good.  RIP BL.  Take a vacation from war and rest up in Freedom for a while.

• Like 2

Question:

any idea when the next important update will be?

Can't wait for that underground homes :D I hope the thing with bl wagons and banners can be fixed so we can keep nice memory to history of wurm :) And  great job as always, i'm really very pleased to see how this game is evolving and how much changed on better in past year :)

• Like 2

Great things to come...but is there any chance someone could take the literal 2 seconds to fix metal altars so can be moved around in the tile they are created please?  

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/130381-move-metal-altars-within-the-title-they-were-created

I know this is a minor thing, but as far as i can tell only one dev reads suggestions and he is obviously not interested in this one.  Just kills my ocd and totally irrational...we do want wurm to look pretty, right?

Please?

(i realize the devs do not like priests, or so it seems, but i am only talking as aesthetics here please do not punish my need for order and symmetry because of priests) 

Edited by ClericGunem

Doh! Cave dwelling!!!!!!  next to saddle bags something i've really wished for and said if i could live in a cave my deed would like like natural woods setting with a rock face unassuming mine door blending into landscape while i live underground.  I'm in luff again!

• Like 3

I noticed the other day when I was in a cave under a house:

[12:30:15] You see dark cave whatever yadda yadda...

[12:30:15] This is within the structure of Yadda Yadda...

I was on someone else deed so didn't do any tests but does this mean that structure permissions are working under buildings? Is a bed indoors now if under a structure?

8 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

I noticed the other day when I was in a cave under a house:

[12:30:15] You see dark cave whatever yadda yadda...

[12:30:15] This is within the structure of Yadda Yadda...

I was on someone else deed so didn't do any tests but does this mean that structure permissions are working under buildings? Is a bed indoors now if under a structure?

Not sure about your question but this does make me wonder if we will be able to build a cave building under one built on the ground surface.  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

My mine is Beneath my entire deed and i also gets "Within the structure"  msg's of all my houses. Not sure if it does anything.

Will this change also come with some kind of mechanic that allows us to tell if the cave tile is level or not?  Because that will be pretty crucial imo.

• Like 1