Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Better Alliance info for members

I'm in an alliance.  I have no idea who or which deed is the "leader" of the alliance.  We used to know, but the deed disbanded and leader status transferred elsewhere.  Nothing shows us where.  Did it transfer to the next oldest deed?  Seems logical it should.  Does it transfer randomly?  That is more what I expect from Wurm.  Info only shows deeds in apha order.  Would love a sort by "joined date" and actually list the date.  Would love the alliance leader having an option to set a successor deed as well.

Anything would be better than the mystery we have today.

Thank you!

Edit:  forgot to add in a possible option, that I see in other games:  Alliance (guild) tax.  There have been many "Academy" alliances out there and it would be nice to have a tax option that could be used to help fund the Academy deed automatically.  Sure, people can send money to the Academy mayor, but it is nice to have an easy, automatic option to keep it running.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 2

I would add a warning when an alliance deed is about to disband allowing the alliance members to add to the upkeep if they wish. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I would add a warning when an alliance deed is about to disband allowing the alliance members to add to the upkeep if they wish. 

A+ Additional feature! Love this.

+1, we really need more info, which deed is the leader, who are mayors of every alliance deed, some space for mayor to leave their contact information for all allies and villagers, low upkeep warnings... Something else, maybe?

-1 for the tax, however, unless it can only be set when founding an alliance and not changed later, for obvious reasons.

I'm not sure about the tax, but +1 to everything else.  If you really want to, you can just ride to the alliance leader's deed token and contribute to its upkeep there.  Having a proper way of designating successors, seeing who the leader is, etc. would make a leader's deed disbanding a whole lot less disruptive, so I don't think there's a real need to add extra stuff around that.

-1 to a tax. Currency in this game is real money. Asking for donations works. +1 to everything else, especially a line of succession as Panda suggests. 

taxes wtf this isn't Eve where you can grind ingame currency from ratting
-1 for taxes,
+1 for everything else

tax or donation or auto funding... just looking for an option for an alliance to automatically gather funds from allies, to fund alliance projects or alliance deeds.  You know how it goes.  The leader and a few close people are the ones that pitch in and all the allies that join over time agree how donating is a great idea and then never seem to donate.  Just wanted to incorporate that funding process into something automated.  Even if each ally sets their own donation amount, which can then auto transfer to the ally leader or capitol deed.

I know Tax generally brings up only negative responses.  Was a bad way to lead off that part of the idea.

The mayor of the village which is the "capital" of the alliance can change the alliance "capital", kick people from the alliance, and see a full list of villages in the alliance.

Just get the mayor to right clock the token and go to politics (I think).

That being said, a roster and some other helpful tools for alliances would be nice. Kingdoms too even.