Sign in to follow this  
bangzuvelis

Keep items alive after PMK disbands

+1

was under the impression they would stay after, got misinformed :-/.

Some are worried that it would just have people make pmks to just make the custom stuff. I think that if they made it so they had to survive for a full year as a pmk, they could have permanent textures. Chaos could then themselves get rid of money grubbers :P

Edited by Nicrolis

Really nicrolis? Was that just you or your whole kingdom that didn't know? 

+1

And to those in the "-1 come to pvp hurrdurr" crowd........ 

If you get your way it won't bring more people to PvP, it'll just devalue the crap out of the items you so ... gallantly... fought to keep PvP only for the profits.

Heck you know what?

49 minutes ago, demondan said:

Really nicrolis? Was that just you or your whole kingdom that didn't know? 

If you really want to know, we had asked if they would stay. We were informed, not going to name the name of the dev or the person who relayed it to us, that they would stay.

This is from the person who told us it would.

Hey, I was under the impression that they do, when i spoke with the dev team
Turns out the dev team thought I was asking if they disappear

Regardless, knowing or not knowing wouldn't matter much, what's the harm in keeping some wagons with texture of black legion, it doesn't seem game breaking and is completely reasonable.

Like literally, it's not a sword with frostbrand,lifetransfer, rotting touch. (seriously, i get hit by that weapon once in a few weeks at least, hurts as heck! ) Or something overpowered, its just a wagon that sits in your yard, just a wagon.

Edited by Hashirama

something else, if they allow them to stay... people who are trying to make money off the custom items still lose 1g and take that 1g out of the circulation of the economy.

+1 Keeps the history in the game, legacy items are nice.

My Mongol banners turned into empire of mol rehan so I burned them

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Redd said:

Same thing for fountain pans... ?

Certain Chaos kingdom is allowed to keep and use bugged weapons from past with dual hurt enchants.  Why can't we keep simple texture on banners and wagons?

+1 it is a shame to lose the history of our beloved wurm whether you participated in chaos or just cheered on the sideline.  s The unique banners and wagons and such give the game class.  I think being able to keep relics from days gone is important. I remember a friend that had a very heavy lg anvil from a very long time ago that he kept for old times sakes.  Lets keep these things in the game. 

• Like 1

what a very mis informed dev. MR knew banners wouldn't stay when kingdoms came out how long was it 4 years ago ? and as seen when abralon disbanded. You should have known at that time.

ps I'm not +1 or -1. Just interested to see that ignorance is not an excuse and lieing rather ticks me off as I already knows out and your kingdom was aware as I have been told by someone in your kingdom, not naming any names.

Ignorance is not an excuse? Well, how about Freedom? Are we supposed to know PvP rules to buy pretty stuff for our amusement? lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hashirama said:

Regardless, knowing or not knowing wouldn't matter much, what's the harm in keeping some wagons with texture of black legion, it doesn't seem game breaking and is completely reasonable.

Like literally, it's not a sword with frostbrand,lifetransfer, rotting touch. (seriously, i get hit by that weapon once in a few weeks at least, hurts as heck! ) Or something overpowered, its just a wagon that sits in your yard, just a wagon.

Maybe ban the people who made the sword... " by an accident" x 50. Cause all we have in our possession have come from the kills to JK (now mainly know as Macaroni). But lets keep KvK out of this. Red has his opinion and no one can tell he is wrong.

-1 also

as other pmk's disbanded in the past also, both on chaos and epic, kinda hard to get those back.

But this might be an interesting ideas for the current existing pmk's. But a rollback ... nope

Edited by KaiH
moderation edit
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kwyzina said:

-1 also

as other pmk's disbanded in the past also, both on chaos and epic, kinda hard to get those back.

But this might be an interesting ideas for the current existing pmk's. But a rollback ... nope

(and ps; sorry for draining the last money, the destruction of this kingdom is totally my entire fault)

Awfully charged little ps for a board mod. Sincere or not.

Completed assets generally don't go in the trash, even if you stop rolling them out to the end user. We aren't talking about terabytes of intermediate files for some graphically high end game like mass effect or something, we are talking about a couple megs worth of pngs.

A rollback isn't even necessary. The same feature that allowed for changing wall types could apply just as well here. Temporarily allow converting flags, banners, etc to any of a list of legacy kingdoms and add a legacy section to crafting. No risk to the live database, no interruption of play, people get their content back and hey look new feature.

If you look into graphic.jar, you can see there are textures from disbanded kingdoms still in it. So it's not all gone. Something can be done.

Saw a bunch of textures I didn't recognize in the pmk.jar when I was looking through it earlier. Didn't know if it was all of them or not so I didn't bring it up. Also didn't check in graphics.jar.

+1 to this, i think such items from forgotten kingdoms should be allowed to live on as legacy items. No reason to stiff people just becasuea  kingdom got defeated on Chaos. 

How do MR-ians feel about part of their loot turning into pumpkins?

5 minutes ago, zigozag said:

How do MR-ians feel about part of their loot turning into pumpkins?

haha was quite weird logging in at STDS the war deed we used to assault BL and just seeing a sea of freedom wagons. Oh wells.

• Like 1

Can't believe i'm agreeing with Jukimo here, but yeah anyone from BL bitching about losing their wagon should have had their fingers out and helped us defend our lands instead of sitting on freedom. 

To anyone I personally sold any BL merchandise there was ALWAYS a disclaimer that the items may be altered in the event of the kingdom disbanding, this info can be founds in my sales thread from well over a year ago.  If someone else sold you them and you have proof that you weren't informed then perhaps you might want to file a scamming complaint against the trader.  Anyone legitimately selling for BL were told to let people know the risk.

6 hours ago, SmeJack said:

My Mongol banners turned into empire of mol rehan so I burned them

They look just as good when on fire.

FIRE AND SAND!