Sign in to follow this  
bangzuvelis

Keep items alive after PMK disbands

+1.  Not only do I hate seeing my black wagon turn green, I can't help thinking about the non-pvp players who paid money for wagons not knowing this would happen.

5 minutes ago, Xalorum said:

+1.  Not only do I hate seeing my black wagon turn green, I can't help thinking about the non-pvp players who paid money for wagons not knowing this would happen.

Sellers should have informed them, anyone who made them was part of the kingdom so will have been well aware of what happens to the items when the kingdom disbands.  People just need to be aware that any custom wagon they buy has no more or less value than buying a bog standard freedom isles one.

There was some confusion on that over the past few weeks but it was always a possibility.

Pretty sure this was the reason BL refused to sell much kingdom stuff, and they always stated the kingdom and stuff could go under

• Like 1

This was sad to log on to today....

I seriously think they should let the items that have had the kingdoms colours keep them even that kingdom is disbanded. Just not be able to make more of them.

It is a memory worth to keep i would say.

Politics aside, it would be nice to have reminders of past kingdoms.  These banners, flags and wagons would become glimpses into Wurm's past.  I know we have a wiki and forms for pictures, but it's cool to see these things in game.  If they could be reverted without a rollback that would be awesome, I wouldn't want a rollback just for a missing texture though.  

+1

+1

History matter good or bad its how we learn..

and sometimes relearn.

They could always reintroduce legacy PMK though events such as PVE invasions

1 hour ago, enoofu said:

They could always reintroduce legacy PMK though events such as PVE invasions

People who purchased items and lost their colors still lose out, but if the items aren't going to be craftable anymore I still like this idea. Probably worth posting in the other topic too if you haven't.

I think, removing BL symbols from the game will be simply disrecpecting a lot of players who actually put a lot of real money into Code Club.

I have no more to say.

• Like 1

I thought from the title that this was going to be someone asking for the kings cape etc. to remain behind afterwards and couldn't believe anyone could actually think suggesting that was a sensible idea :P

As soon as I saw the actual post I am surprised that what happens does happen. To me it makes PERFECT sense that these items should retain their PMK properties.

• Like 1

+1 would be neat if all kingdoms could keep their specific banners/wagons/whatever and not get overwritten like all the epic pmks we've seen so far.  It's just nice to keep history in the game and that's one of the saddest things I've experienced with the elevation map reset, years of history gone, it's what helps make the game what it is

14 hours ago, Daolin said:

Sellers should have informed them, anyone who made them was part of the kingdom so will have been well aware of what happens to the items when the kingdom disbands.  People just need to be aware that any custom wagon they buy has no more or less value than buying a bog standard freedom isles one.

There was some confusion on that over the past few weeks but it was always a possibility.

Should've, could've, didn't. I never, ever heard this sort of a warning from vendors, and nor did friends of mine that invested a lot more silver than me. (PvE-ers should not be expected to know the details of PvP kingdoms like that, either, so 'should've defended it lololol' is a moot point.)
Not going to bother wasting my money on a custom wagon again if this sort of crap is possible/isn't changed.

+1

+1

i agree people should've been more aware of the risk involved.

the pmk is gone, so i agree the items should revert to template or freedom... this would encourage more people to participate in pvp servers, especially if they have invested $ into a specific pmk's stuff

1 hour ago, Evilreaper said:

the pmk is gone, so i agree the items should revert to template or freedom... this would encourage more people to participate in pvp servers, especially if they have invested $ into a specific pmk's stuff

It'll just discourage freedomers from buying pvp-created stuff.  Trying to force PvP on others has never worked in the past (nearly killed the game at a point much to Rolf's dismay, even), this won't change a thing.

On the other hand, great opportunity for CC to make different tower and wagon designs and sell 1-shot recipes on traders for Freedom to customize (and fund WO) without being held hostage to PvP mechanics.

• Like 2

I sell pmk wagons and banners from time to time for quite long period of time now and never knew this could happen, so most of the sellers also didn't know people could loose what they payed for... To me this seems just like ordinary programming mistake that nobody from developers predicted and not intention. This things happens. It would be nice if we can see all disbanded pmk stuff back in game in any form either by being able to craft it by everyone or noncraftable rare items... +1 from me also

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2016 at 6:24 AM, Daolin said:

When I bought colorful wagons I had absolutely no idea they could poof.

+1 if for nothing more than to purge these terrible looking Freedom wagons I have been left with after the fall.

+1 for players creating persistent world by making own history, our real world would be pretty boring if dinosaurs wouldn't have left remains after going extinct :P same goes for kingdoms, castles etc.

• Like 1

"We don't want to reset x map because it has a history"

"A Kingdom history being removed is totally fine"

At least be consistent guys.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bix said:

"We don't want to reset x map because it has a history"

"A Kingdom history being removed is totally fine"

At least be consistent guys.

60%, no citations. You have a week to turn it back in.

They should at least give the former members of BL some BL gear to wear or show if they want

The stuff created does not disappear when the people/village/alliances disappear - so why would PMK items?

It makes no sense, besides a lot of people bought those PMK signs (flags, banners, wagons, etc) for money - this is a slap in anyone's face

History should never be erased like that

• Like 1

is terible that we cant keep what we pay :D    so all hota statues that kingdom get will gone too?  come on some ppl spend alot of coins for wagons, banners and now got finger in a--