Sign in to follow this  
Taurus

King's Quest

Hello,

Is it possible or maybe even planned or in production by a modder to have a mod that adds some kind of Quest System?

The goals I would like to have achieved by such a system is the distribution of currency and maybe special items (limited number of shaker orbs for example).

For example the mod is started on a server and fires a given number x of Quests that are similiar to the deities missions, but have nothing to do with the gods as such, so even players without a deity can take part easily. Those Quests stay open for lets say 2-3 days and after that period new Quests pop up and the old ones are deleted.

Quests could be something like. Craft x Toolbelts with at least ql x and deliver it to location x (which could be a NPC?). Or slay wild cats and bring x wild cat pelts.... or craft x long swords and so on and so on. To match every servers setting it might be a good idea to put those variables how much delivered for how much reward into a properties file so it can be easily edited by server admins.

I also know that there are many other ways to get currency... but this is another way to do so. I would have liked to see such a feature in WO for ages, but since I did wander off to WU and its moddable... I wonder is it possible, even planned by someone already maybe? Also keep in mind the examples that I gave are just lame and easy examples for easy understanding, the system could end up much more complex, but that is not in my hands, as I cant code java that well ^^

Cool... did not know about this in the slightest.

Thank You ^^