Sign in to follow this  
Theonis

Sermon Party above the others.

Greetings all!

To all who are interested, we have a sermon party starting on Saturday January 23rd 2016.  Odynn will be allowing us to use his place called Midguard.  The in game map location is H14 And the community map (which I prefer) is located at X15 Y18.  For those who are not familiar with the area go ahead and ask your question for directions.  His deed has been always simple to find except for the climb up the multiple paths he has to get up the cliff side.  Being located along the Main road that goes north from the server capital also makes things easy.  For those that are sailing over if you land at Deliverance Harbour located at X4 Y22 You can follow the highway all the way to rainbow bridge and then turn north.  You can't miss this bridge, it is marble with lamps and flags across it.  Go north up the highway hill and then be looking for pointing signs on the west side of the road.

I will have my two priests there, one needs the faith the other is for opportunity.  When I am not using the character I will leave my main online as well so that will be 3 characters for faith alone.

Feel free to just show up but we will be running a line here, and I would also like replies from those who plan to show us so I can get a idea of what I am looking at in members.

and it's Midgard! *slap theo*

There is an easier path now going through the bifrost a bit north of the main entrance, straighter tunnel, just follow the road and always go up.

What is the intended duration of this sermon party?  Is this a weekend event, or a "as long as we can keep people interested in sermons" event?

Edited by Atticus

Party, party, party!

I never pass up a party. Will be there with Littlewilca

9 hours ago, Atticus said:

What is the intended duration of this sermon party?  Is this a weekend event, or a "as long as we can keep people interested in sermons" event?

A few of the attendees were in it for the weekend.  I'm in it till we don't have enough numbers any more.  I'm aiming for 100 but that might need a few a parties for that.

It's UP AND RUNNING ! come grab your goodies... or faith ... or whatever.

Free diseases included!

• Like 2

also sellings pals, man traps and ropes... to keep those listeners around.

Haveing a really good thime here!

All priests welcome to sermon :P

We have a good gathering now.  Not every one who is here for this stays logged in all the time but we are still seeing good faith gain.

[20:43:40] Faith increased by 0.306 to 87.449

Supreme alter really helps as well.

Being the person coordinating one of these is never easy.  Every one has a system that they like over another.  Making things fair is always in perspective.  And then you need to give incentives to people for them to keep their character online.  I made a character premium for this event alone.  He could use the faith gain but he is mainly here to add to the listener count.  I keep my alts on not because I want to go first, but because I want to help others get their faith gain and it also entices more people to show up.  Once you get more then Six priests though, how do you manage that?  There are many system out there.  I have one that I use that isn't normally done like at impalongs.  I use excel to keep track of who went last and to easily be able to copy and paste what the new line looks like.

When you are added to the list, you come on as the last person in line.  So lets say you sign up into the 9th spot.  This means you have 4.5 hours till you can go.  With this many people it could be 5 hours because of a 5 minute grace period to allow them time to not get skipped.  If you get skipped, you get moved to the end of the line.  Remember there are others who are also waiting.  One person wanting to move back pushes every one else back thirty minutes, and get enough people doing this and it could up to two hours.  This is no longer fair for every one else who has been sitting here.  I would show up, be number 10 on the list, and go... Oh I'll just set my alarm clock and get some sleep in.  Then come back and find out some ppl moved the line back and I had to wait an additional 2 hours.  This sucks.

If your name is next to go in line, and you are not here, you get a five minute grace period.  Then you get removed from the list.  The guy behind you has a chance to go now, but if they are not here becuase they know they are not officially supposed to sermon till another 30 minutes, the guy behind that person can go.  The second guy, who just got skipped by the third keeps their spot because in 30 minutes it is their official marked time to go any ways.  No one gets moved out of their slots behind them so no harm done. 

The guy who just got removed from the list is moved over to my Listener pool.  This means they are contributing to the sermon for being a listener and giving more faith.  While off the list I have them annotated with a * sigh next to their name.  When the do come back, I will add them to the end of the line, like every one else.  The benefit here though is that if some one misses there time slot and is removed from the list.  The person with the * gets priority to take that spot.  If they log out all together and don't pop back in to AFK they are removed from the list.

I have done it in this approach because I feel this is the best way to be fair for every one here.  Lets say you just got here and you are number 10 on the list.  You have to wait roughly five hours for your turn.  But one of the guys who was AFK comes back and wants to go because he missed his turn.  That means you are pushed back thirty minutes.  Lets say two other people show up from afk as well, Now you just went back a total of an hour and a half.  What was five hours is now almost sever hours because of grace times and other factors.  You didn't do any thing wrong, except for just get here.  Using this same scenario, there is a good chance some one else wont make thier sermon.  So the guy who comes back now can fill that spot, you don't screwed over with your time moving either.

Normally on deli they last till people just stop showing up.  BUt we have most people on the weekend and then it is a small group during the rest of the week.

I did try the system above for keeping the line organized but after some time of using it.  It did not work so well.  You would come back and find a line with 10 to 12 people in it.  So you are waiting 6 hours.  Then you are seeing numbers of .502 faith gain and then as soon as the sermon was done that person would log out.  So by the time it got to you, who had been AFKing your characters you were left with .25 faith gain.

So I am going to have to switch over to the rules that most people know as it is what is used at the impalongs.

Edited by Theonis

This thing is still going.  Only time we have a rough spot is when they reset the servers, which has been rather often these last two weeks.  It isn't the large numbers we were seeing the first weekend but we have a small dedicated crew now going that stay online when they head to bed.

Alright, this was a good run, this event has come to an end.  Many people made far past the goals they had set for their faith gain.