CAPSALOT PvP [7.5x Skill, 4.0x Action, 8 Hour HOTA, Supply Depots]

CAPSALOT PvP [7.5x Skill, 4.0x Action, 8 Hour HOTA, Supply Depots]

regular-banner-1.png

Map Size: 1024x1024

Great Features!

Free PMK's (Minimum 5 People)

HOTA is every 8 hours to encourage consistant PVP throughout the day

All 3 Starter Kingdoms are added

7.5x Skill Multiple (Basically Little Grind!)

4.0x Action Timer

Not Ran By Xype!

GM's won't spawn their own deeds and items!

- Mods -

No Priest restrictions

Digging like mining

Crops don't expire

Crops grow faster

Inbreeding warnings

Meditation time caps removed

Rules

Don't be dumb

Picture of Map

61befa35ec.png

Edited by CubeManV2

It begins 

[20:33:02] Stalker slain by Mememan 

[20:34:01] Mememan slain by Stalker Rudie 

Edited by Cardboardboxprocessar

Are you going to allow client hacks and 24/7 macro's or is that just for admin and friends?

Edit:  Forgot to ask, so when your team is bored, will you have one of your GM's spawn the Keys? 

And if I play, can I use exploits and then proceed to play the vic?

Edited by Chao
  • Like 2

We're still developing the server right now. There is going to have to be some kind of objective GM that is in control of the situation. Not someone who is going to drag old rivalries and old drama in to the mix. Personally, I don't have a problem with macros on a WU server. There would have to be some kind of common sense attached to the level of macroing, and I think that can be done on a case by case basis.

Honestly, I have never even seen a client hack, much less used one. But I have had them explained to me recently and I have to say that I think they are BS.

I personally do not like client hacks, specifically the ones I know and if I had my choice I would see them be bannable.

I am quite aware of what hacks exist, and what they do, I am not a GM now but if I was I want to see a return to old school pvp and will deal with anyone who would use any hacks friend or foe.

Patch notes for two days

1/19/2016

Fixed praying (It works past 5 now)
Increased farm timer 4 hours to 6(Sorry, BL kingdoms. Yields were increased to help out time)
Creatures now drop money
Digging now drops onto the ground
Starter body control set to 21.1 (The game doesn't let you mount unless you have 21.000001 so this is the easiest way)
Hopefully solved any connecting to server issues

Starter gear is being worked on

1/20/2016

Added Bulk Transfer Mod (Makes it easier to move ###### from piles into bins and vise versa)
Improved starter gear, Gear is now 20ql studded leather and 20ql long sword.

FUTURE UPDATES COMING SOON
- 5 Guards max on deeds (Don't complain if you hire 20 and you lose that money i've warned everyone multiple times)
- Faith bonus PMK Bug fix
- Woa/BoTD Fix
- Returning altars to original state (So you can stack them and highest ql takes effect)

Damn dude, very nice updates. So you have managed to fix the faith bug? That is awesome!

Very good server setup right here, completely focused arround pvp. The map is also pretty small sized. So pvp will be a lot easyer to find, especially with the 8hour hota timer. Just wish we had a little higher playercount.

So ye come and check this server out guys.

- Cruza

Edited by lottonix

1 hour ago, Wulfgarr said:

Cant find the server at WU list.. name is CAPSALOT?

Hey Wulf, The server was down for a couple of hours because of the Beta branch. It's back up under CAPSALOT PvP

Neat-o Cubeman! 

Do you have expectations for the long-term of the server? Meaning, if you get bored, will you simply quit the server or discontinue it?

50 minutes ago, IloveWurm said:

Neat-o Cubeman! 

Do you have expectations for the long-term of the server? Meaning, if you get bored, will you simply quit the server or discontinue it?

There is plenty of long-term plans The server will continue to run even if i stop playing  the game itself for whatever reason. As the population goes up things will adjust to meet the needs. Additional Depots as the population expands across the server (Right now depots are ontop of hota only), Fixing the faith bug and woa/botd bug as we have a couple of people assisting me on fixing it. Once those those two are fixed it will be a huge self advertisement (Especially PVP wise with the faith bug fix).

patch notes

1/20/2016

Updated Server to latest revision
Starter gear is now 30ql leather set and 50ql longsword (Part of the update, Won't revise as it's simple this way)

Edited by CubeManV2

found the server. Was fun... no one is MR and maybe my timezone is off but found no one to play with... :D Also hardened troll spawn around starter area is... difficult :D Otherwise fun and the skills seemed pretty ok to raise. Will be checking in some more later on. Maybe add the starter towns to the map you have up there? Like whereabouts?

found the server. Was fun... no one is MR and maybe my timezone is off but found no one to play with... :D Also hardened troll spawn around starter area is... difficult :D Otherwise fun and the skills seemed pretty ok to raise. Will be checking in some more later on. Maybe add the starter towns to the map you have up there? Like whereabouts?

Yeah sorry about that, Most of this server seems to be East to West Coast USA Timezone. Mol Rehan recently dropped a PMK called Islamic State so most of them are over there. I believe the only people who don't belong in a PMK are currently HoTS.

Funnily enough day 1 the MR Starter had the guards on overtime. 2-3 champ trolls and some hardened.

23 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

c u b e m a n e

because proph posted in this thread i've decided to update the map with starter locations and the kingdom lights

Patch Notes  1/22/2016

- Fixed Skillgain (Made it a mod so it no longer will be affected by patches)

- Fixed HOTA Timer (Properly 8 hoursish now)

- Wizkilled Hardened Troll Mound Spawn outside Gold Coast

Pending

- WoA/BoTD Fix

- Flowers Fix (Dev's are patching this in)

As suggested by some players, GM Logs will be posted along with patch notes. Other Servers have had GM's set their stats to 100 or spawn items and my goal is for a transparent server.

The Landing, Gold Coast, The Shroud are the starter deeds (Which is why there are lots of changing tiles and dirt drops)

http://pastebin.com/cDZL5kPE - GM Logs

Edited by CubeManV2

On 1/23/2016 at 6:18 PM, Pinchaloaf said:

Limit dirt wall slope size to promote raiding?

It'd be hard to do that, since its 3x your digging and unless dirt slopes are very small. Alternatives are lower the level max slope or flatten max slope.

I don't think it'd be too hard to police that little rule. But whatever people like. I just can't stand dirt walls. They've never stopped a raid before, and they don't actually provide any sort of defensive assistance.

Just for the sake of the discussion, think about this. Most dirt walls are two wide for double wide longhouses. In order to make the dirt wall, a 4 tile wide perimeter is used. That's a lot of real estate being taken up by something that provides around an hour of protection, maybe two. On a minimal sized deed that is one third of your land being used to provide pseudo-protection in the form of slope level that can be dug down by just about anyone with a few hours time digging some clay.

I've often wondered, since the introduction of multilevel housing, how come people haven't opted for building ground level longhouses in the shape and design of true medieval forts? You can utilize space otherwise meant for piling up dirt, and allow it to function in some sort of defensive posture instead of dead space.

Just throwing that out there.

6 hours ago, Pinchaloaf said:

I don't think it'd be too hard to police that little rule. But whatever people like. I just can't stand dirt walls. They've never stopped a raid before, and they don't actually provide any sort of defensive assistance.

Just for the sake of the discussion, think about this. Most dirt walls are two wide for double wide longhouses. In order to make the dirt wall, a 4 tile wide perimeter is used. That's a lot of real estate being taken up by something that provides around an hour of protection, maybe two. On a minimal sized deed that is one third of your land being used to provide pseudo-protection in the form of slope level that can be dug down by just about anyone with a few hours time digging some clay.

I've often wondered, since the introduction of multilevel housing, how come people haven't opted for building ground level longhouses in the shape and design of true medieval forts? You can utilize space otherwise meant for piling up dirt, and allow it to function in some sort of defensive posture instead of dead space.

Just throwing that out there.

Although true, they were usually positioned with some fort of natural defenses such as water or elevation.

Personally, one of my favorites, although it was mostly created as a mansion and not as a defensible castle, is Neuschwanstein Castle.

But, Windsor castle is considered the oldest is holds it's defenses with its high walls and "The original castle was built in the 11th century after the Norman invasion by William the Conqueror."

With that said, you can find some articles on castles that we actually besieged such as Hohensalzburg Castle that utilized terrain. However, Hohensalzburg was only besieged by farmers, so, that may not count. Other castles were built in the middle of rivers/lakes for defenses as well.

lastly, according to this backpageChateau Gaillard was the a famous medieval siege. As you can see, this castle utilizes terrain for its defense.

Actually, this castle is pretty awesome. Check out this gallery

Thanks for the links. Very informative. Wonderful designs on those castles as well.

To respond though, none of them have dirtwalls. However, they are all built upon foundations that may have or may not have been artificially raised. At any rate, none of them involved walls built upon dirt that was piled up on the perimeter, forming what can be best described as a bowl. Also, real life does not transfer easily to Wurm. When I said that dirtwalls provide no defense and never stopped a raid, I meant that strictly as an in game meta.

Thanks for adding to the conversation.

I think with the implementation of newer building types, wall systems, multi-levels, and fence types the day and age of the dirt wall should be coming to an end. It seems to fit a view of intimidation more than anything. I think that you could much easily build a deed and use the extra room you would use for dirt walls to expand walling and generally make it a nuisance to be raided rather than absorbing 2 tiles into a giant dirt wall.

But while dirt walls are now seemingly obsolete to me I think trenches if done right still hold considerable value to off-deed defense.

I like what pinchaloaf said as well as the counter points by Ilovewurm.

• Like 1

Hey Pinch,

you are correct, i think it is completely unreasonable that real life castle would create dirt slopes. However, in wurm, perhaps creating dirt slopes would be our version of using the terrain to our advantage for defense. either way, castle designs are AWESOME!