Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

25,000 Forum Members

We just hit 25,000 forum members today, hooray!

Truth be told some accounts are duplicates and such, but still!  It's nice to see the forum community growing.  Rejoice!

And only about 1750 with 100+ posts. About 7% of all users.

297 with 1k+ posts. About 1.1% of all users.

Edited by Outlaw

and some are former Players (like myself) who are not involved with this game any longer. Going back to sleep now.

As I said, there are duplicates, but it's still nice to check back and see the number growing.  Yall are just grumpy from a lack of sleep it seems. lol

By the way Outlaw, there is nothing wrong with moderate lurking over high quantity of posting. :)

Edited by Slickshot

To be fair, the number grows a lot more due to random bot accounts more than anything. These accounts just don't even post... It is so weird...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

As I said, there are duplicates, but it's still nice to check back and see the number growing.  Yall are just grumpy from a lack of sleep it seems. lol

By the way Outlaw, there is nothing wrong with moderate lurking over high quantity of posting. :)

True lurkers never even make an account :P

But yeh, you're right. Just dug up the few stats I could.

43 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

To be fair, the number grows a lot more due to random bot accounts more than anything. These accounts just don't even post... It is so weird...

I don't suppose CC gets charged by the number of users in any way?  Not that I think the forum company would be so underhanded or anything...

1 hour ago, Shrimpiie said:

Oh like those times when the bots were spamming new threads in the town square for a week straight. lol

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

I don't suppose CC gets charged by the number of users in any way?  Not that I think the forum company would be so underhanded or anything...

Iv never heard of a forum hosting company charge for how many members it has(Except for trials) but i do know that they charge for storage and bandwidth.

3 hours ago, Klaa said:

58152526.jpg

Klaa, This is your friend: http://imgur.com/memegen

6 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

Those are sleepers, someday they will all activate the fourmageddon is upon us, we will all drown in a sea of sports information and random media footage.

Edited by yashua
  • Like 2

A worthless statistic considering the game does not have 25,000 players.

29 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

A worthless statistic considering the game does not have 25,000 players.

Worthless?  I'll agree that the statistic is inflated due to bots and alts, but it isn't necessarily worthless.  This forum is for the Wurm Online community, so anyone who lurks about and decides to join is basically advertised to by the community, whether they currently play Wurm or not.  The statistic just shows that this game garners traffic, which is a good thing.

If the 25,000 forum account number is meant to reflect an active interest and participation with Wurm Online it is misleading. Even an analysis of this total number breaking it down into those who actively participate within the game would be extremely hard to quantify into sub-sections of classifications with any accuracy.

This OP makes no attempt to even take a step in this more narrowed direction of significance, so applying the term "worthless" to it is not far off the mark. It is just too broad of a statement to have much significance as any indication of a reflection upon the status of WO in terms of numbers. Just like the Hotel California, you can check in but then never leave the accumulated 25,000 number that over time always rises.

=Ayes=

Considering the large volume of WU purchases, anyone wanting to look at Mods will be coming here to see the options.  Probably never post a thing, but that might be the main reason for the 25k number.

15 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Considering the large volume of WU purchases, anyone wanting to look at Mods will be coming here to see the options.  Probably never post a thing, but that might be the main reason for the 25k number.

Eh, in my optimistic ways I like to think of traffic as traffic instead of thinking of traffic as garbage.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:43 PM, akaedis said:

Iv never heard of a forum hosting company charge for how many members it has(Except for trials) but i do know that they charge for storage and bandwidth.

Klaa, This is your friend: http://imgur.com/memegen

Was going to customize something; however, I came across that one, which fit even better than what I already had in mind.