Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Guards and reinforcement fix

• Fix so guards can once again teleport into caves.
  • (EPIC) Fix so unlawful citizens cannot remove mine reinforcements.
  • Cave tiles that are reinforced (floors) now reduce the possibility of cave ins.
  • Fixed an issue where you could load artifacts in to a catapult.
  • Fix for invalid kingdoms on Chaos and HOTS kingdom on new players.
  • Players on Epic can no longer move corpses when there are enemies nearby.
  • Removed a warning from all players that had one since the majority of them were several years old.

Another fix that would be quite useful is to prevent the "build a temporary deed as enemy on top of tower and then convert mayor" trick.

Saw it used on a WU server to change 6 towers right next to a JK starter deed from JK to enemy kingdom. Here's what they did:

1) Create an enemy alt

2) Give the alt 5 silver that they then deposit in their bank in the starter deed

3) Enemy alt uses deed stake to create a new settlement on top of or next to a tower that is to be converted

4) Deed converts to enemy kingdom along with tower

5) Disband deed - 1 hour delay 

Whole thing costs about 1.5 silver per tower, much easier then capping a tower, no alert messages go to server and PMK's have an advantage over template kingdoms since PMK's control who can become a citizen of a PMK. Template kingdoms have no protection.

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Fix so guards can once again teleport into caves.
  • Cave tiles that are reinforced (floors) now reduce the possibility of cave ins.

For guards... Not templars?  Is the Templar spam bug fixed, where if a Templar went into a mine to fight a critter, then wanted to fight another critter, but the other critter was trapped in a cave with no opening, it could not teleport to the blocked cave, or out of it's own blocked cave, to another cave?  I basically quit using templars because of that bug, as did many of my friends.  Loss of revenue there.

For reinforcement of floors, i it as good as a reinforced wall for preventing a cave in, or just a bit better than none at all?

• Like 1

@Wurmhole, they must mean Templars because guards don't teleport. Maybe the one next door will finally get to that spider. LOL

• Like 2

Why is this necessary, or even logical 

28 minutes ago, Josh said:

Why is this necessary, or even logical 

ummmm because epic has an anti-loot code?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

ummmm because epic has an anti-loot code?

Which is stupid in the first place, its a way to reward players for hiding in gate hops.

Edited by Josh

• Removed a warning from all players that had one since the majority of them were several years old.

Some people actually had ingame warnings? :blink:

I never had one over all the crap I pulled over the years...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Josh said:

Which is stupid in the first place, its a way to reward players for hiding in gate hops.

No, it's to reward players for winning a fight instead of winning the "take bind spam" competition when someone dies. It used to happen all the time where one side would lose a fight but actually come out ahead because they managed to grab the more valuable corpses. Trust me, it was a LOT worse back then. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aflacduck said:

No, it's to reward players for winning a fight instead of winning the "take bind spam" competition when someone dies. It used to happen all the time where one side would lose a fight but actually come out ahead because they managed to grab the more valuable corpses. Trust me, it was a LOT worse back then. 

I understand that view, but i feel the bad out ways the good in the situation. in many cases its a quite ###### system as well. We'll use zeke dying on mrh as an example. By no means did mr win that fight, rome definitely did, but, 1 person on romes side did manage to die, with this system and now no moving corpses, even though rome was winning the fight, they couldnt get the corpse back due to players hiding in a gatehouse a few tiles away. A ###### system rewarding people for hiding in a gatehouse. 

Doesnt that sound exactly like the situation you said? The side that lost the fight wouldve came out ahead because they managed to get 1 corpse that was more valuable

Edited by Josh
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Brunwulf said:

that's the risk you take for fighting people at a gatehouse.

No not really, thats just one of wurms many stupid features

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CubeManV2 said:

so cubeman has 1 warning now

Dont worry they dont do anything. 

fug freedomers, homeservers and especially cowards on epic is all there is to say, the more unsafe and unpredictable it is the better t b h

a perfect wurm would be people living in caves with no deeds so that they can't run anywhere when they realize that they won't be able to survive with a 99.995% prediction rate

Edited by changer

The real problem is local, remove local and this game will be great. It will be much more sweaty and full of tactical decisions, instead of the copy local zerg ######.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, changer said:

fug freedomers, homeservers and especially cowards on epic is all there is to say, the more unsafe and unpredictable it is the better t b h

a perfect wurm would be people living in caves with no deeds so that they can't run anywhere when they realize that they won't be able to survive with a 99.995% prediction rate

yes, fug us.  Ignore the bulk of the players and focus on what makes you happy.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

yes, fug us.  Ignore the bulk of the players and focus on what makes you happy.

if you're a freedomer playing on freedom its okay, but if you join up a pvp server/cluster and is actively trying to change it into freedom through emails/gm/cm chat calls to rolf shilling for just more and more ideas that just makes you safer and safer like -g certain a  r individuals y- and the rest of them does it isn't

1 hour ago, changer said:

if you're a freedomer playing on freedom its okay, but if you join up a pvp server/cluster and is actively trying to change it into freedom through emails/gm/cm chat calls to rolf shilling for just more and more ideas that just makes you safer and safer like -g certain a  r individuals y- and the rest of them does it isn't

sorry for reporting bugs, I know you're not used to it :(

• Like 3

dont think pulling a corpse is a bug, its literally the one counter to the stupid no loot system. If someone can sit there and drag away a body outnumbered and in every other possible way out classed, they should be allowed to get that body. 

• Like 1

Only in Wurm, is pulling and pushing a dead body considered PvP.

• Like 1

The infamous Enclosure Rule that was removed, minor harassment and language

Sign in to follow this