Sign in to follow this  
Frincel

Ships/Carts/Wagons and permissions on deeds – confusion

Hi there. Thinking of getting a boat and heading out to explore a bit. I’ve been told a few things:

Never park on someone’s deed – if they do not grant permissions you lose your boat. Is that true?? If I park on a deed I don’t own, and then I get off the boat, I can’t get back on my boat unless the deed owner allows it? That seems overly harsh!

Do carts work that way too? If I’m out and about in my large cart, and then someone deeds where I camp for the night, I lose the cart?

Please help me understand the dangers involved here. Ships are not cheap, and the material I put in it might not take many hours to gather. I’d hate to just lose the entire ship and cargo because I LD on a rotting deed.

Further, can someone please clarify that carts work the same way?

Thank you for helping me understand.

i have a boat on Xanadu that someone deeded over an i cant even repair it or imp it or get on it.... 

Edited by fivefinger

You can get on and off your boats and carts if you are the owner. If your boat or cart is on someones deed with too poor ql to drive some deeds have the permission set so you cant imp/repair, and then would be stuck unless you got the deed owner to help or GM.

i lost full geared 5s horse this way, these new permissions really need to be looked into cause it sucks big time...

For horses I was told to ALWAYS brand them. This allows you to lead them no matter what.

how about when your on a server just for unique slaying? and you buy a horse, gear it hitch to cart and disconnect, no way i was able to unhitch it, didnt even bother calling support, i know that can take up to couple days to respond.. I really think dev's should look into this

I'll bring up the issue of not being able to repair vehicles you own.

One of the reasons the repair/imp permission exists is to allow a deed owner to prevent griefing. Basically, you could park a vehicle on someone's deed indefinitely just to annoy them and continue to repair and improve it, so we have to find a solution that addresses that but also allows owners to recover their vehicles.

The best solution right now is to work with the deed owner if possible.

Edit

Thinking more about it:

1) This really belongs in a proper bug thread under Server Bugs

2) If you've experienced an issue where a deed prevents you from using your own vehicle, you also need to give as much detail as possible. This includes if you were actually the owner of the vehicle, did you log out/in or take any specific actions that you can remember, or was there anything else out of the ordinary?

9 hours ago, Keenan said:

One of the reasons the repair/imp permission exists is to allow a deed owner to prevent griefing. Basically, you could park a vehicle on someone's deed indefinitely just to annoy them and continue to repair and improve it

Can't believe people are that petty.