Sign in to follow this  
Jonydowy

Coal-making title!

Well, i saied ill make a rage post one day..so there it is!!

When it comes to wurm,i'm all about hard work and such,gives us long term goals and keep us playing(well,some of us..true wurmians) but after the goal is done..you kind of want to feel a reward for that hard work..

for example,i wanted 90skillCoal-making..i have 90woodcutting skill too(100 imbue 94ql hatchet too)..that sounds great i know..but then i go and cut trees,get the good stuff high ql logs..90+..also sounds great! then..it comes down to making the charcoal piles..SURPRISE i get 60-70ql piles..not so great anymor isn't it..?

So there for..i feel like the title for 90 Coal-making..should be something like this ''Haha,You are still useless''

Hate me,agree with me..but this is my opinion.

Thanks.

(Notice: I'm not complaining about the steel or anything..i would just like to see higher ql charcoal made by my hands!)

EDIT: I didn't just reached 90 and complaining..i made some a pretty nice number of piles with 90 skill.

Edited by Jonydowy
  • Like 4

There is a suspected bug with coal piles, has been for a year or longer, it'll be fixed some day perhaps. Welcome to the club :)

2 minutes ago, Pingpong said:

There is a suspected bug with coal piles, has been for a year or longer, it'll be fixed some day perhaps. Welcome to the club :)

They have been broken a lot longer than that ( 2-3 years?), That is why I no longer bother making them, Just not worth the effort to get screwed over by yet another broken system.

Well yeah, I'm also getting 70-80 (well, more like 75 I guess) with 90+ coalmaking. That's how it works, lots of skill rolls (because there's 20+ mats), you end up getting an item with the ql of the average of your rolls. It's not specific to coalmaking, try making a forge and check the ql.

But I do agree that it sucks :P

16 minutes ago, asdf said:

Well yeah, I'm also getting 70-80 (well, more like 75 I guess) with 90+ coalmaking. That's how it works, lots of skill rolls (because there's 20+ mats), you end up getting an item with the ql of the average of your rolls. It's not specific to coalmaking, try making a forge and check the ql.

But I do agree that it sucks :P

Yup, quite frustrating with non-improvable items.

9 hours ago, Aeryck said:

Yup, quite frustrating with non-improvable items.

^ improvable coal piles.. that's an idea!

On 1/17/2016 at 4:53 AM, Klaa said:

Would "Blackface" be too improper?

On 17/01/2016 at 9:53 AM, Klaa said:

Would "Blackface" be too improper?

More like Rolf's Folly

I have 91 effective Coalmaking. My maximum coal pile quality using 100ql dirt and 91ql logs (not using 10% walnut buff) is around 70. It doesn't seem like using higher quality mats helps either. I can use 90ql dirt and 77ql logs and I still get ~70ql piles. It also varies pretty heavily. I can use the same quality mats for 4 piles and end up with piles that are between 60 and 70 quality.

People in my village with 75 effective Coalmaking can make piles about the exact same quality I can. It's either bugged or intentionally soft capped.

The walnut buff affects the charcoal that comes out of the pile.Doesn't play a role in the ql of the pile..

Anyway..all in all sucks..big time.I decided to take a long break from it..makes me sad doing it atm. Hopefully some changes will happen.

Not like you need ql90 coal to make high ql steel.

With ql70 you'll get tons of ql90 with enough metallurgy.

However, if it is a bug then it should be fixed unless it's capped like Aflac says.

On 1/19/2016 at 9:06 PM, Brunwulf said:

Not like you need ql90 coal to make high ql steel.

With ql70 you'll get tons of ql90 with enough metallurgy.

However, if it is a bug then it should be fixed unless it's capped like Aflac says.

I did said its not about making steel,i just feel like i should get 90ql charcoal for the hard work i did grinding the skill. 

You know after testing this on the test server the other day and then making a tent on Freedom I think max creation ql may be bugged or working improperly.

Tested several charcoal piles on Test with 90 in all skills and 90ql materials. Average ql of finished pile was 70 and I recorded the ql increase for each piece attached and it ranged from 2-4. With those chances it would be virtually impossible to reach 90ql.

Later I was making an Explorers tent with 75-80 ql materials and 45 FC and the resulting ql was the same as a tent I made the other day with 40-60 ql materials.

I just tested it on WU.. 99skill,99ql  materials.. highest ql on creation was 8ql coal-pile..and the the highest ql coal-pile i made  was 85.60...

From 20 piles.. all were 80-85ql mostly 82-83ql..

Seems legit! Now change that damn title xD

Has anyone tested this recently?

Friend of mine made a ql81 pile with 81 effective coalmaking.

It was a walnut pile, so she was getting 89ql charcoal.

Possibly it was ninja fixed.

• Like 1