Sign in to follow this  
IloveWurm

Wurm Unlimited updated?

ya, how do we update the client?
I went to wurmonline.com like it said to, found nothing on updating the client. i cant log in anymore. ive uninstalled and re-installed the unlimited game on steam. i give up.

This is currently beta so you would have to enable the beta version in steam (its under the properties for the game on steam library - don't remember exactly, but if you can't find it post a reply and I can walk you through it). Be aware that if you run the beta client you will only be able to connect to a server running the same beta. This shouldn't be a problem if you run solo with the client-started version of the server, or if you run your own dedicated server that you have likewise updated, but a most of the private servers probably aren't running beta. Also, at least with the previous beta, this can break some of the mods if you are using any.

yeah same question mine too also want to know how to play online with without any registration.

4 hours ago, maxjones011 said:

yeah same question mine too also want to know how to play online with without any registration.

For Wurm Unlimited you don´t need any registration, for Wurm Online.... impossible without registration.

1 hour ago, Caduryn said:

For Wurm Unlimited you don´t need any registration, for Wurm Online.... impossible without registration.

This is false information. For Wurm Unlimited you need to be registered - on steampowered.com, and you have to pay for your copy of Wurm Unlimited.

4 hours ago, Zakerak said:

This is false information. For Wurm Unlimited you need to be registered - on steampowered.com, and you have to pay for your copy of Wurm Unlimited.

Only if you see it from the point of not having a Steam Account, but for WU you just need to buy the Game.

Wurm Unlimited should update automatically when you start steam if there is an update I believe.  I just got the patch a few minutes ago. 

Seems no one has any players on their servers,  or the few that may could have been connected before this update.  Really hope that it all gets fixed soon. 

Edited by Lolabelle

Yeah, patch happens with no warning as well if you have a game client open. No matter what you are doing, the server just goes down for the update. I'm assuming that whatever server you are on also needs to be restarted or something.

2 minutes ago, Pinchaloaf said:

Yeah, patch happens with no warning as well if you have a game client open. No matter what you are doing, the server just goes down for the update. I'm assuming that whatever server you are on also needs to be restarted or something.

Seems like an issue with your steam settings, you can disable automatic updates and the game (or server) shouldn't by default download updates or automatically restart when it's open

i updated my server too because some players told me they cant login since some hours. 

Now, after the server update, the server dont start and i dont know what i can do now

Make sure your modloader is updated on teh server too

Watch the log file when it starts to see if any of the mods also don't work.

oh, i dont know that there is also a new mod loader version needed, i thought i just need another mod loader for the beta branch

The beta branch went live today and all the changes that required the special version for the beta branch.