Sign in to follow this  
Andranis

Supreme Hatchet

No thanks, it is dishonourable to back out - but since the highest bidder did, it should automatically drop back to the previous bidder (in this case my 36s) - and it's your commitment to honour that I have bid the highest since the next guy backed out... You really don't have the option to to call the auction null or to offer the price of 40s :) - But I am a nice guy and will respect your decision.

CoD for 36s to Jakeii or not at all thanks :)

Good Luck on future auctions!

• Like 1

No worries Jakeii. I can see your point, though don't necessarily agree. If I put the Supreme Hatchet up again you can re bid (if you wish) and potentially get it lower than 36 silver anyway (or it may go for way more than 40, who knows, :p).

Best of luck to you.

Seems many people seem to be reading this thread, I will ask in general if there are any actual written rules for Auctions, or are the comments that people are making purely their opinion on how Wurm Auctions should be run? I did have a brief look before making this auction and couldn't find any.

Anyone who bids in an auction and doesnt rebid is basically doing the same thing by dropping out.  It just so happened the winning bidder did not like the terms and decided to withdraw.  In this case the second highest bidder is offered a second chance and his last bid.  If second buyer does not accept the auction is complete with no winner.  

Jake, his offer of 40s on a supreme hatchet is quite reasonable, would be the cheapest ive seen one sell for.  These aren't a 30s supreme tool.

Andranis, if he doesnt want it for 40, hit me up.

• Like 1

40s is a good price for a supreme hatchet, something that sold easily for 50-70+ in the past year, market is a bit bad atm but it's still a great tool.

Thanks for the comments.

Hatchet sold for 40 s to Jakeii.

Please close thread. :)

• Like 1

Seems a fair ending to an auction that hit a few bumps along the way.

I just feel a comment is due, to how this auction played out, the ending bid should have been the highest bid that wasnt garfius bid, for one very simple reason, if two people are racebidding and the consencus being that if one pulls out after the auction,

the lowest highbid of the two competitors should stand, it leaves the door wide open for scamming, with a fake second bidder to scare away all competition, ie i bid 30 s, and then fake a bidding war upto 60 s, then drop one of my alts, to claim i should have it for 30s.

That said, i think Andranis is happy with his sell, just saying, a thing to remember if the situation comes up again.

So from now on it's okay if we make false bids and withdraw to cost Jakeii more money?

Garfius didn't even bid on the supreme hatchet at all until the auction was coming to a close.  He also did not place any bids until AFTER the OP replied to the post adding snipe protection.  Garfius could have seen there was snipe protection added after the auction started and could have chose not to make his initial bid of 40s.  He did not.  As a result, Jakeii should not have to pay extra silver because someone decided to be a jerk and run up the price at the last second.

That's Jakeii's hatchet, and he should only have to pay 36s for it, not 40. 

Edited by Wargasm
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Wargasm said:

So from now on it's okay if we make false bids and withdraw to cost Jakeii more money?

Garfius didn't even bid on the supreme hatchet at all until the auction was coming to a close.  He also did not place any bids until AFTER the OP replied to the post adding snipe protection.  Garfius could have seen there was snipe protection added after the auction started and could have chose not to make his initial bid of 40s.  He did not.  As a result, Jakeii should not have to pay extra silver because someone decided to be a jerk and run up the price at the last second.

That's Jakeii's hatchet, and he should only have to pay 36s for it, not 40. 

Agree with this slightly, although 40s for a supreme hatchet IMO is extremely fair. However false bids make me want to avoid auctions in the future and stick with WTS, maybe more people will catch on to how I sell and keep auctions for character sales only.

Edited by Niki

If you feel like your getting ran up quit bidding and dump it back on them.  This happens at almost every real auction (people running others up)  its just part of the way some people operate.  This cannot be fixed even with an ingame auction system.  There are always opportunities for someone to scam no matter what.  I see it happen so much on this forum im tired of calling people out.  Just like people make multi forum accounts to like their own posts, it so obvious and these people eventually reveal themselves.   

He shouldve paid his last bid of 43s, he knew even at that price it was a great deal.  

Haha I don't mind :) 43s  -Jakeii

• Like 1

Hey if the top bidder drops out, it should revert to the last legitimate bid. If you are not happy with this, cancel your auction and start over, yes a axe went for 50s before and I believe I sold one quite a bit higher too, but the market is not there right now for the supreme hatchet, as can be seen by how inactive this auction was to start with. There are only a few in the game that will pay more than 50s for a supreme hatchet, and they have one already.