Sign in to follow this  
Andranis

Supreme Hatchet

Hey All,

Want to auction off a supreme Hatchet (iron). 90 ql.

5260fe5ceffa69012718b7c4ad99fc77.png

Starting Bid: 30 s

Min Increment: 1 s

Buyout: 70 s

auction_timer_1453112203.gif

Edited by Andranis

Hey guys, I'm adding snipe protection of 1 hour after last bid. Happy bidding.

That's not fair. :o

34s :ph34r:

Edited by Jakeii
  • Like 1

you dont have to be so fast Jake its an 1 hour Protection now :P 42s

Grats to Garfius! Great bidding.

Off line at the moment. Will send it in next 24 hours.

Lol you stay till last min and then dont have time to send it? first the late 1H Protection now this.

I reject me offer sorry.

Hey Garf,

Sorry feel that way. I actually logged off well before the snipe protection was up, though I did stay up to send you a message so you knew what was going on (and didn't get as much done today as a result).

Pulling out is unreasonable to me, you knew about the inclusion of Snipe Protection and bid anyway. If you did not agree with the change you should not have bid. 24 hours is a reasonable time to provide goods won in auction, and no promise was made to deliver immediately. Once a bid is made you are contractually bound to honour it, and if you don't you are undermining the entire Wurm Auction process.

Garfius I am happy to go ahead with the 44 silver transaction if you would like.

If Garfius does not honour his bid, then I will contact Jakeii and we can try and negotiate a price. It is not reasonable for me to hold Jakeii to his 43 silver, however I also want a reasonable price.

Imo - 36s is a decent price :)

I recently bought 2x supreme tools for 30s each off a WTS thread. So I think the extra 6s is reasonable and I really don't want to pay anymore than that for it. :ph34r:

As for best practice the terms of an auction should never be changed while it is running to avoid situations like this. Different auction terms implicate different bidding strategies. 

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Adding sniper protection just a few minutes before the auction ends because you aren't happy with the current bidding situation also undermines the entire Wurm Auction process. On the other hand, not having the patience to wait a day to receive an item is pretty unreasonable and whiny. 

Yep I would have definitely preferred to add snipe protection at the start, and will do if I run an auction in the future. Unfortunately I don't have much experience with running auctions in Wurm and assumed stuff like sniping wouldn't be allowed (some kind of implied behaviour for running an auction). There are also a couple of other learnings I've picked up from this, which I didn't add in for this one. :)

It was a fair bit longer than a few minutes before the timer finished (well over an hour from memory), :), and Garfius entered bidding after I made the change so he knew the updated rules of the auction before making any commitments.

Also, if people are sniping at the time, its not really an auction, more of a 'who can get in closest to the time'.

Anyway, Jakeii, you bid 43 silver, so I think its fair to say you were willing to pay more than 36 silver. Also the last Supreme Hatchet went for 50s. Given Garfius bid 44 silver, I suggest we split the different and go for 40 silver. Let me know if you are happy with this. I think the only other option is to declare this whole thing null and void, and I will consider selling the Hatchet in the future (probably after I have seriously researched every facet of auctions in Wurm, lol).