Sign in to follow this  
Belfesar

Unique's and Other High value Item Changes

29 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

people on freedom with big wallets drive prices of tome charges to insane numbers, you really think replacing it with something else that will get driven up further in price will fix anything

that's basic economy, offer and demand, low offer, big demand, peeps with big wallets are paying the higher price to get what they want. kinda happens when everything is based on randomness and not the server population.

Not sure removing tomes is a good idea it's actually really terrible, you said they drop to frequently? I don't know about that bit of info.. the problem right now the drop rate sucks it feels like .01% and could be better. Lets be honest it's just a title for most people it would balance the prices maybe also. 

Dragon drama would improve if the Devs would make some important decisions. I realize this game is a sandbox and respect that people don't want instances, as I've seen how many people -1 me in that other thread but how do you allow everyone to take advantage of a really fun aspect of a game when it's being controlled? Keep world uniques/dragons, but possibly add:

This could be small world events that spawn in different designated areas on the server maybe the spawn town, or something like the HOTA on chaos.

Invasions possibly that are frequent maybe once a day/week for active people who contribute (damage,healing) to the event not afkers or alts a random chance at loot (rares,supreme,tomes,challenge mode items) with blood+drake,scale pieces being 100%. Obviously that is just an example, maybe tone it down if you think that would affect balance.

Basically make the game interesting. Give people who spend tons of euro/silver on amazing gear something to do. 

Edited by Niki

Keep everything as is, add a dungeon portal in every starting city that will teleport you to a island (not accessible by boat or any other means)  

The bigger your team you create before you enter portal the bigger the prize split between all players after each Dungeon completion. 

Maybe make it in levels or put a 2 RL week cooldown per account to discourage reppeating for multiple rewards.

Add items much like the labyrinth treasure hunt in adition to moon metal or a chache of dragob hide etc.. but make the instance / island alot bigger and more team work needed to unlock the rewards. 

20 minutes ago, Vortexxx said:

Keep everything as is, add a dungeon portal in every starting city that will teleport you to a island (not accessible by boat or any other means)  

Something like that could be interesting toward a separated HoTA on a dedicated server, no deed or land control, just pure team PvPing without kingdoms / landgrabs or whatever. Keeping a part of the spirit of challenge (which was kind of a success) and allowing some pvp for a bigger crowd.

24 minutes ago, Vortexxx said:

Add items much like the labyrinth treasure hunt in adition to moon metal or a chache of dragob hide etc.. but make the instance / island alot bigger and more team work needed to unlock the rewards. 

Treasure hunts are already giving out some moon metal items, high value prize but without any options to keep them in decent shape. Bouncing back on your idea of portals, i do think it could be a good thing to have one in every starter town of the PvE servers to go to each treasure hunts without the issue of sailing. Or in the case of maze have a dedicated server for those (maybe GV).

In my though process i always wondered how much dungeons, quests and others theme park related gameplay can be and should be added into wurm. We do need more elements in the game. Uniques respawns are a good idea with a poor implementation, those new invasions might be a good thing once added. Maybe the missions could have a low chance of making a meteor fall on the server with some moon metal and valrei mobs to fend off.

The game need more than just the grind or the deed building, we can set our own goals, but we also need some others. And I believe a lot of good ideas have been fleshed out in those late threads. Lets just hope they are not swept under the rug and instead used to improve the game.

• Like 1

So I sorta like and sorta don't like your proposal....

A) if Tomes are dropping too much then lowering the chances of the drop would likely be a good tweak!  But you probally shouldn't remove it....

b} There is no need to change the difficulty on the Unique's as it is most of the lesser uniques can be 5-8 man'd quite easily as is!

c) I like the idea of Weaker Unique Monsters or Semi Unique's infact there is one already in game (Sea Serpeant) it badly needs to drop something as its not worth getting three people together to kill....

(Give us More of these Semi Uniques in game)

d) As for Seryl, Ada, and Glimmer your right they need to be a bit more available, Valeri events on home servers are bugged, no Metal spawns!  At the moment only Seryl can be aquired in any kind of quantity to do something with thanks to valeri mobs!  I have already said this in another thread... Seryl needs to be moved to Troll's and Ada and Glimmer put onto Valeri Mob's....  And of course you adjust it so its a small drop rate like 1 out of 100 trolls would be fine.... 

Removing Tome's was probably not the best idea, Even if the Dev's Increased the Hide/scale drop to .10? per person, It would still take awhile to gain enough Hide/scale to make a set but you would actually see the end goal instead of the possibility of having to wait upwards of 5 years to even get a shot at making you're own set.

What annoys me is we had the Legacy rewards of seryll, But no way to maintain anything we made with it. Would not be so bad I suppose if we actually got the new armour that was promised a year or so ago, Can not find the news thread now but remember talk of ringmail etc and nothing come of it. At the moment on freedom we have little choice or variety in what armour there is.

Edited by Belfesar

In regards to hide's.....  Over here in Epic we typically /random for all the hide.....  instead of everyone hanging onto little pieces of scrap!

One day, about 10 years from now, I MIGHT get a roll and get the chance to use a tome.  -1 to removing them completely, perhaps changing the method of obtaining them would be better...  Why not give every premium player in local a "tome page", once you combine a lot of these (how many scale/hide drops do you need to make a set of dragon armour?) of these you get a random tome with ONE (1) charge.  Essentially make it like scale/hide in that respect and removes the loot drama on that item.

I like the idea of lesser uniques, though the thought of them being more frequent and attacking deeds actually sounds like a good thing.  Otherwise this part of the idea sounds epic.

You've also not mentioned skulls/bones here, I would assume these drop as per normal?

Just remove any ability to pen dragons in. Problem solved. Everyone has a chance at it other then the person who penned the dragon and deed over it.