Sign in to follow this  
Belfesar

Unique's and Other High value Item Changes

I think a lot of us can agree that the current situation with Unique's is causing a lot of drama and changes need to be made. Added to this I would like to see changes regarding Seryll, Addy and Glimmer because the way things are at the moment through no fault of their own the PVP crowd hold a monopoly over it all and the only way to get any of the lumps Is to pay ridiculous amounts of money or be forced to PVP which a lot of us are not interested In because let's be honest Chaos Is nothing more than a toxic playground.

My Idea is a simple one, Keep the Dragons as is but remove Tome's from the loot cycle and Increase the scale/Hide drops by a set amount per person. Then turn the other unique's into lesser ones which can be taken down with a small group of players and allow them to spawn more frequently, To stop them from attacking deeds etc make them passive till attacked. These lesser Unique's would have a set % chance to drop small amounts of Seryll, Addy and Glimmer.

While my Idea is not perfect and needs fleshing out, I think this would be a better way to handle things.

Let the flaming begin.

Edited by Belfesar
  • Like 1

I think they want Seryll/addy/glimmer pvp-only to attract people to move to a pvp server.

Also, how are we going to get tomes then? Remove them completely? -1

I think most drama in the game is about dragons because they drop armour. Not about tomes.

As I stated in the other thread I think they should be removed completely from freedom and should not of been introduced their at all, But it is too late to remove them now because of the uproar it would cause. Tome's at the moment in my opinion are dropping too frequently, I would see them removed from PVE and replaced with something else. Introduce another way for them to be acquired on Chaos. Give the PVP crowd something else to squabble and fight over.

Also I think that lesser Unique's dropping the other types of lumps etc would curb some of the drama surrounding scale as people would then have an actual chance to make some of the other types of armour in the game instead of being restricted to the usual.

Edited by Belfesar

It's really hard to take this seriously when you alienate chaos by calling them toxic man children. 

and is your suggestion to literally swap moon metals being pvp only and tomes being available via uniques, to moon metals being available via uniques and tomes being pvp only?

• Like 1

the whole thing is a mess.

from a matter of balance i'd rather see uniques spawn with a pattern, 8 days between goblin leaders, 40 days or more for the tougher dragons. tweak the loot accordingly so we can see more tomes (3 in two years on deli) or make armors without drowning in them as well.

On the matter of moon metal, i do think we need to see them on pve, but that would remove one of the pvp incencitive. We will also have those new invasions thingy... so maybe that could be used to add those rewards in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Odynn said:

On the matter of moon metal, i do think we need to see them on pve, but that would remove one of the pvp incencitive. We will also have those new invasions thingy... so maybe that could be used to add those rewards in.

Honestly, moon metal as a pvp incentive doesnt work. it's simply a way to have an edge over other pvpers at best, and at worst just forces the bar higher

• Like 1

Like I stated, My Idea is not perfect by any means, Was the fairest solution I could think of because the Unique system should of been sorted properly when they were first Introduced again. What i would like to see come out of this thread Is a solution for the current problem whatever that may be.

What exactly is unfair about it? And if I may ask, what inspired this suggestion?

1 minute ago, Belfesar said:

Like I stated, My Idea is not perfect by any means, Was the fairest solution I could think of because the Unique system should of been sorted properly when they were first Introduced again. What i would like to see come out of this thread Is a solution for the current problem whatever that may be.

Clean up the name calling if that is what you want. No better than the PVP crowd you name call if you do it ;).

15 minutes ago, whykillme said:

I think most drama in the game is about dragons because they drop armour. Not about tomes.

the drama is more the people that pen em (exploiting the game codes) and make them private hunts

exploiting the game code which they say you will be banned for but nothing happens

I will -1 this.

1. I don´t think that the tomes are behind all the drama on freedom and thus removing them would make a drama about them as some have quite a few charges and others have none and no way to get them on freedom. If they would have been left as Epic only thing, then it would be not that bad, but as they have been part of freedom for quite some time just removing the is pointless imo.

2. Moonmetals. I am sorry, but as someone who uses them all the time for that extra % of chance to survive in PvP i really don´t see the need for them on freedom. I understand the "cool" thing about them from freedom perspect and saying you don´t need it so don´t ask for it would be stupid, so i am not gonna do that. But if i were a freedomer and would have to choose i would choose tomes 10 times over moonmetals.

Both of these make a -1 so a -1 from me to OP.

NB! Name calling Chaos players is just... bad.

@Deth666

More private hunts would occure when they can not be penned. The only reason i've been able to do public kills in the past is because i can give everyone time to come over.

If it can't be penned we'll just kill it right away without waiting for anyone else. 

Still -1 this suggestion

7 minutes ago, Archaed said:

What exactly is unfair about it? And if I may ask, what inspired this suggestion?

Not so much unfair, The problem is the amount of time It will take to acquire enough Drake/Scale to make you're own set without being forced to buy scraps.

6 minutes ago, Rasu said:

Clean up the name calling if that is what you want. No better than the PVP crowd you name call if you do it ;).

I call it as I see it, Just have to read the Chaos PVP thread and like everyone else I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else.

Edited by Belfesar

Just now, Deth666 said:

the drama is more the people that pen em (exploiting the game codes) and make them private hunts

penning them is still possible, and the code doesn't prevent it totally yet.

private hunt ain't a real trouble as well, what I see is the same people looking for the creatures on all the servers, do i think it's a good thing, no, i'd rather see the servers players involving themselves and manage their own hunts.

if they don't, the same thing happen and players willing to spend the time to find the uniques reap the rewards. the end.

3 minutes ago, Deth666 said:

exploiting the game code which they say you will be banned for but nothing happens

I think that any groups who finds a unique has the full right to do make it private killing. Yes, sometimes people just stumble on the unique, but most of the time people deticate their time for finding the unique. After finding the unique its is 100 easier to just kill it, but still many postpone the kill and make it possible to get stolen and so on. So i think who ever puts the effort into finding and penning an unique can decide if they have the time to wait 3 days for everyone to bring their 30 alts, stay in lag and endure all for the community or kill it. Anyone saying they should be on those kills and get the loots should be part of the team looking for the unique or quite frankly stfu.

Just my 2 cents.

6 minutes ago, Belfesar said:

I call it as I see it, Just have to read the Chaos PVP thread and like everyone else I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else.

While you are entitled to your opinion resorting to name calling only drops you down to their level where they can beat you from experience.

13 minutes ago, whykillme said:

@Deth666

More private hunts would occur when they can not be penned. The only reason i've been able to do public kills in the past is because i can give everyone time to come over.

If it can't be penned we'll just kill it right away without waiting for anyone else

Still -1 this suggestion

and ya i see that happening if they are changed to some suggestions i've seen in the past and ya if you spend the time finding it, that is your right to do with as you please giving people time to gather in wurm takes days, weeks to set up

edit:oh and to the OP -1 to everything you said

Edited by Deth666

8 minutes ago, Rasu said:

While you are entitled to your opinion resorting to name calling only drops you down to their level where they can beat you from experience.

Redacted my statements

I don't have a problem with unique's as they are, there has always been Dragon Drama always will be.

Anyone can go out and find a unique and set up an event.

Leave the tomes alone.

As far as the metals go I would like to see them as very rare veins on all the servers, you don't need a "incentive" to pvp you do it because that is the style you want to play.

1 hour ago, whykillme said:

@Deth666

More private hunts would occure when they can not be penned. The only reason i've been able to do public kills in the past is because i can give everyone time to come over.

If it can't be penned we'll just kill it right away without waiting for anyone else. 

Still -1 this suggestion

Exactly. Only way to kill a unique would be to ring a capable group and when it is large enough to kill it just kill it. Seems there would be no more public events.

1 hour ago, Belfesar said:

Not so much unfair, The problem is the amount of time It will take to acquire enough Drake/Scale to make you're own set without being forced to buy scraps.

Hard to collect? Yes. Acceptable for me considering Wurm "speed". The question is if the scale / hide armours should be sparse or common?

1 minute ago, Jaz said:

Hard to collect? Yes. Acceptable for me considering Wurm "speed". The question is if the scale / hide armours should be sparse or common?

Considering a lot of players do not stay longer than a month and If they do the majority of those players will be gone in a year. Taking 5-10 years to get a set of scale without buying is not acceptable to me, It is just plain ridiculous.

-1 from me.

You want less drama and private penning?  Make tomes, bones, and skin so common that they have a very low value.  If there's not a good chance of €200+ worth of stuff coming from a private kill, then that removes the incentive to make loot private.  And when someone does privately kill a unique, who cares, it's not like the stuff is rare.  Make uniques spawn a lot more often, but make them passive until attacked, no more drama.

Well, a lot less drama, anyway - this is an online game involving real people, after all.

6 hours ago, Pandalet said:

Make tomes, bones, and skin so common that they have a very low value.  If there's not a good chance of €200+ worth of stuff coming from a private kill, then that removes the incentive to make loot private. 

Rares sells for 2/8s nowadays. Bones due to their rarity goes for 25/30+ s each. The randomness of tomes make them highly valuable, and when a charge sell for 1 to 3g it's utterly silly. Hide/Scale drops are a bit more fair nowadays, the no loss on armor making is helping as well. But still that raise the main issue with uniques, they are way too rare to balance their loot value.

8 hours ago, Odynn said:

from a matter of balance i'd rather see uniques spawn with a pattern, 8 days between goblin leaders, 40 days or more for the tougher dragons. tweak the loot accordingly so we can see more tomes (3 in two years on deli) or make armors without drowning in them as well.

This is what i was raising here. Some creatures are by design weak, a small group can take them down without issues and reap the rewards (as long as the RNG is not messing with all of us). Making them respawn more often, and if not found by the end of the timer grow more powerfull with better odds of loot. Those creatures blood can become a component of a better alchemy as well, allowing us to create different imbuing potions with various effects.

We can all agree the current situation is badly balanced, but with some tweak and the new features announced it's possible to make something better overall. And for the matter of PvP, i do believe it need a complete rework, be it for their stabbing incencitive, the servers managment, or the end game goal. But that's another story which do not fit with the usual uniques dilemna.

• Like 1

people on freedom with big wallets drive prices of tome charges to insane numbers, you really think replacing it with something else that will get driven up further in price will fix anything