Sign in to follow this  
Ubai

Mine entrance help?

Hello,

Is there a non-cheating way to fix my mine entrance? I would like to build a road up to my iron mine but I didn't realize I couldn't terraform the rock tile below the entrance. Can I go all the way up to that tile and then build a bridge or something?

Mine Entrance

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Edited by Ubai
bad link

You should be able to modify the 2 "other" corners that the mine entrance is not on. Raise them up to make a nice slope then build a ramp or bridge to that.

I don't think that bridges can go directly to mine entrances, but 1 tile away should be ok.

i'd drop a bunch of dirt and make a dirt ramp up to the mine then pave it

On 1/11/2016 at 0:54 PM, Alexgopen said:

i'd drop a bunch of dirt and make a dirt ramp up to the mine then pave it

Do you mean I can drop dirt on to the stone tile?

So long as you don't drop it too close to the mine entrance or it will simply disappear into the mine. You can drop it halfway down the tile to build it up initially and then use it on the furthest corners to make a platform. Depending on how steep the stone tile is it can take a lot of dirt to build right up from the ground or just a little to build up from the stone tiles below. It can take a long time to build it up so don't expect a few bits of dirt to do the whole job, it took me well over 6 hours of constant digging and piling 5 dirt on at a time to get my platform, not to mention the slooooooooow crawl up the hill loaded down with 5 dirt.

Would be nice if they could add in a hand winched means of dumping dirt elsewhere above you. Load each section with one dirt and crank the handle. Kinda like a hand cranked version of this:

PortMstrMover.jpg

Edited by tryst49

Ignoring the two corners that are part of the mine, you should be able to drop dirt on the left (as you see it in the picture) corner to raise it up. If you can't drop dirt on the right corner you can then flatten the tile to raise the right corner (drop even more dirt on the left corner then flatten again as needed). This should eventually give you a flat tile outside the mine (or stop earlier if you want a slope). Then repeat the process on any adjacent tile but this time do a slope down. Its hard to tell if you should go left right or backward (from where you are facing in the picture). Going up may be easier, depending on where the top of the hill leads and where you want to end up.

Obviously this will require a bunch of dirt, and the slopes involved will dictate what skill you need in Digging. You may need to go dig somewhere else for a bit if you have low skills.

Use stronghold to close the mine back up then surface mine to make them level.