Sign in to follow this  
DannyNG

remove home server missions

remove home server missions giving scenario points and decreasing the move timer for gods

its extremely unfair to players that dont go to home servers and pmks

-1 for however many Xth thread this is

Your choice to be in a pmk, your choice to not go to a home server.  Only issue I can understand is if pmk player god missions are still bugged on home servers, but that's just a bug and you can still do your template god missions.  Otherwise, if people can do home server missions, then so can you.  Points and helping gods shouldn't be removed. 

Edit:  We could even say it's extremely unfair that there are three kingdoms that can do Fo missions which covers a huge portion of Elevation, one same kingdom home server, and close to all 3.  But we deal with it and stick to our two options and do what we can to win

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 1

+1, missions was made to incentivize pvp, creating 5 spindles inside starterdeeds on homeserver-missions doesn't incentivize pvp, valrei right now benefits freedom-type players on epic rather than pvp players simply because saccing 2 calves is a whole lot faster and easier to do than going deep within an enemy homeserver or in elevation, can easily see this in the relation of how many fo missions are done on blh/mrh/ele compared to how many mag missions are done on blh/jkh/ele, pretty much only missions which is outright sac/create missions or cut down tree outside capital deed/starterdeed is done

nothing will be done of course because the only way to get any suggestion through to the team is through email or irc where they take it up in the gm/cm chat where all the epic freedom-player staff (which is pretty much all of the epic staff) yells no

and then they'll shout that they're pvpers because they killed their alt and a new player outside their starterdeed last year

Edited by changer

+1

stop catering to the players who avoid PvP on a PvP server please! The game badly needs more incentives to PvP and making it so you actually need to take risks to fulfill scenario objectives and get karma/valrei item rewards is a good start.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

+1

Honestly, this would create PVP if the only way to win a scenario was to actually do the dangerous missions on ele.

Building Obelisks in enemy lands is a perfect example of this because it would get people out.

It never ceases to amaze me the things people dream up and spout out as fact, the alt killing is hilarious though since I only seem to see that coming from one place good one guys.

The real kicker is the constant flow of awesome ideas to fix or increase pvp from the so called pros and the never ending car wrecks that result from them. I can only speak from my own experience but I used to be all over old elevation in every kingdoms territory doing missions providing countless opportunity for pvp and a lot did come from it, enemy servers too .. And then a bunch of these so called wise guys got the place wiped and quadrupled in size which quite frankly killed the fun because I know I don't enjoy traveling for 4 hours just to do something that in all likely hood won't amount to much. Consider exactly who's fault the current state of affairs is for a moment and then ponder a while if this change will honestly reverse things back to doing missions on Ele or enemy servers.

I would love things to go back to the way they were, I would love to not be doing stupid home server missions but the cold hard truth is that without doing them then the scenario rewards will be confined to people who have zero interest at all in pvp and the ones who do enjoy it when it's not an outright slaughter will never see a tome.

This suggestion won't fix pvp, if you are concerned then maybe try catching some on their server but you don't want to waste all your time traveling either.

TL;DR Elevation got messed up and unless you can get the damn thing shrunk back to a respectable size and land formation then nothing is gonna change

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

TL;DR Elevation got messed up and unless you can get the damn thing shrunk back to a respectable size and land formation then nothing is gonna change

+1

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

It never ceases to amaze me the things people dream up and spout out as fact, the alt killing is hilarious though since I only seem to see that coming from one place good one guys.

The real kicker is the constant flow of awesome ideas to fix or increase pvp from the so called pros and the never ending car wrecks that result from them. I can only speak from my own experience but I used to be all over old elevation in every kingdoms territory doing missions providing countless opportunity for pvp and a lot did come from it, enemy servers too .. And then a bunch of these so called wise guys got the place wiped and quadrupled in size which quite frankly killed the fun because I know I don't enjoy traveling for 4 hours just to do something that in all likely hood won't amount to much. Consider exactly who's fault the current state of affairs is for a moment and then ponder a while if this change will honestly reverse things back to doing missions on Ele or enemy servers.

I would love things to go back to the way they were, I would love to not be doing stupid home server missions but the cold hard truth is that without doing them then the scenario rewards will be confined to people who have zero interest at all in pvp and the ones who do enjoy it when it's not an outright slaughter will never see a tome.

This suggestion won't fix pvp, if you are concerned then maybe try catching some on their server but you don't want to waste all your time traveling either.

the map was a failure in terms of pvp because the map is putting huge pressure towards the few natural waypoints to the hota island from the outer islands, whichever faction plays the most aggressively will control these waypoints, even though most are open to walk over right now, and that there are few factions willing to pvp, if there was another group that would come out and pvp right now in general there would be tons of pvp, vd is probably the closest of them all to that now but the only way we have gotten pvp from jk or mr is from "baiting" against 1v2 numbers where they didn't engage dingov and soba for 2 hours while they were sitting a few locals outside of the mr starterdeed.

If you're far away from anything it is your fault alone for playing so passively and deeding in the most northwestern point instead of in a central point, the old elevation map needed a switch, it was blown to hell just like old blh, rolf tried to fix that but it sure didn't amount to much improvement, and it was rolf & teams decision to create a bigger map.

and we've went to mrh many times for many hours each time, all we get is people sitting on deeds/starterdeed, except when that half-full knarr of noobs fought against us 3

c3d625c17c.jpg

also it takes 12 minutes to ride from mr capital to hota at 40kmh unless you take huge detours, mr has 2 open bridges to the main island, so i don't see how time is even a factor for pvp or missions, the size of this map is not a problem at all for pvp, unless you're unwilling to spend 12 minutes for mr, 5 minutes for jk, and around 20 minutes for vd at 40km/h to do missions/hota/pvp on center island.

it's all about the willingness to pvp and it seems like the only ones which wants that right now is namekat and vd.

Edited by changer
  • Like 2

What does riding to HotA have to do with building an obelisk in the south east or killing a traitor in the south or cutting a tree at a JK deed in the north east? Deeding close to spawn means an easier time for home guys to find and migrate without traveling on foot for days, not every kingdom hates their entire home server.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

zeke died on mrh so mr is doing something right

Or zeke is just doing something wrong

bump for the idea which would bring pvp to a pvp cluster

and for the idea which would turn valrei into a pvp event on a pvp cluster rather than the [sit on your homeserver starterdeed saccing stuff] event:

418d5c1dbf.jpg

• Like 1

Nice unrelated screenshot.

Rome came to MRH to do some rituals, so we came over.

• Like 1

in reply to the OP (on topic):

I don't think that home server missions should be completely removed, but it is pretty dumb that Elevation players with god tier accounts are doing home server missions

really though the reward system needs to be rebalanced with different reward sizes for different missions of different difficulties and multipliers depending on server (normal for Elevation, less for same-kingdom home, more for enemy home)