Sign in to follow this  
Yarnball

A question about "GM Directive: LT+AOSP=NO "

Current assumption is this is a bug until Devs say otherwise.. My question is about other items with the combo casts like LT+RT, Nimb+Woa, LT+FB, RT+FB etc.. Are these items also going to be removed/fixed whatever happens after the LT/Aosp thing is handled? I am genuinely interested in how this will work out for those items also, as they are a pretty major bonus to dmg/healing if you are lucky enough to score one of these bugged items.. These items can't even be casted under normal circumstances you receive the error message "The *random item* is already enchanted with something that would negate the effect."

• Like 3

I hope they fix the issue correctly by changing the code and making the combination no longer heal.

If they just remove the ability to cast both on an item, you'll have people with new expensive bugged items to sell.

Edited by Brunwulf
  • Like 1

Yep even am confused why there are items with LT+RT+FB and they aren't nerfed yet.

LT+Aosp on armour seems good tbh, like it takes 9 parts to be casted with 2 spells each. Someone who is going to put all that effort on 1 set of armour should get some extra benefit. 
For weapons they should be nerfed for sure, yes.

• Like 1

I completely agree Brun, making these into a fancy legacy item when they were so against legacy items that give added benefit such as the fountain container decision would seem a bit inconsistent.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

Yep even am confused why there are items with LT+RT+FB and they aren't nerfed yet.

LT+Aosp on armour seems good tbh, like it takes 9 parts to be casted with 2 spells each. Someone who is going to put all that effort on 1 set of armour should get some extra benefit. 

Because it's so hard for kingdoms to give their Fo's their respective kingdom titles and nerd the hell out of it.

Free healing on armor is not something you want to be the meta. Pvp is already messed up enough as is with all the sotg, player priests, sorcery and moon metals.

Edited by Brunwulf
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

In my experience, it is mainly helm, and chest that are the primary targets in pvp. You can enchant the helm, pants and chest and cover probably 90% of hits. Still seems a fair bit OP to get healed by a apssive damage that you cant prevent, especially since if you have Aosp and they have a huge axe they can pretty much already insta-gimp themselves with just Aosp.

5 minutes ago, Brunwulf said:

Because it's so hard for kingdoms to give their Fo's their respective kingdom titles and nerd the hell out of it.

Free healing on armor is not something you want to be the meta. Pvp is already messed up enough as is with all the sotg, player priests, sorcery and moon metals.

hah i knew about it long ago and I think one of my friends was the one who reported it.

too much casting for one set of armour, i wouldn't be bothered and is the reason why i didn't use it.
Also, web armour outweighs aosp any day. seemed like a good incentive to use aosp on armour with LT.

And I would still use web armour :)

Edited by Hashirama

Actually LT+AOSP is allowed and there is code specifically for that.

The Woa+Nim for example is a BUG and should be removed yes. But we all know how that goes in wurm.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, whykillme said:

Actually LT+AOSP is allowed and there is code specifically for that.

The Woa+Nim for example is a BUG and should be removed yes. But we all know how that goes in wurm.

Sorry I think my wording was unclear in the OP, I mean specifically the ones I listed " LT+RT, Nimb+Woa, LT+FB, RT+FB etc" give the error. Which is why I call them a bugged item, where as we're still waiting for dev clarification if the LT+Aosp is or isn't.

• Like 1

I see nothing wrong with LT+aosp, i know many have been doing it for a very long time

Even though the code base allows for the combination cast of Aosp and LT, there was an unforeseen behavior that seems to be considered grossly OP'ed by staff. Hence a bug where behavior not intended by developers comes up.

Apparently the Head GM doesn't even want to have a window of opportunity:

Unusual in my experiences with Wurm, the Founders usually just ignored such pre-existing items when similar issues came up. Anyone recall the FB/RT/FA combinations?

Granted most of those I believe are gone now. Just like the water sword :unsure:

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Well, if they choose to remove LT from items with LT and AOSP then WOA+NIM enchants for example should also be removed. And RT/FB etc as mentioned above.

• Like 1

I believe, in the case of bugged weapons, someone was told by a gm, "I have several ". Kind of insulting, notwithstanding the fact that the method used to create them is obviously buggy, but seeing as we don't have a safe way of reporting bugs atm, where is the insentive to do so

• Like 1

Woah, LT and Aosp... so it healed when someone hit you? o.O That is broken.. How much did it heal. It is forbidden so maybe people who knew about it can give out some info?

4 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

Woah, LT and Aosp... so it healed when someone hit you? o.O That is broken.. How much did it heal. It is forbidden so maybe people who knew about it can give out some info?

depending on the casts, well over half the damage.

Edited by Propheteer

I really hope the exploiters have consequences taken upon their ingame account. Disgusting.

• Like 1

I agree anyone with AOSP+LT and bugged swords should be banned.  Thanks for making our point Redd, you're not a bad guy after all.

1 minute ago, thirtynine said:

I agree anyone with AOSP+LT and bugged swords should be banned.  Thanks for making our point Redd, you're not a bad guy after all.

Absolutely agree, those who made the items should have consequences.

Edited by Redd

54 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

depending on the casts, well over half the damage.

So someone hitting me for 20 damage would inflict 10 to me and 10 to him o.O... woah..

Im going to have to say and i hope GMs read this. But for anyone smart enough to think about casting this combo on armor i applaud you and i dont think punishments should be handed out for it... ( now some will think because this is my position that in was using this bug, sadly i was not) i just dont think anyone that did use it should be banned. Now that GMs find this to not be an intended combo any use from this point warrants a penalty. 

21 minutes ago, Redd said:

that feel when you realize a very large portion of them were actually made on accident due to an error when crossing servers :lol: (give or take id say, anything beyond that was likely intent.)

i know a while ago (less than five months) it still happened occasionally. I had a pickaxe actually bug out on me like those weapons crossing from chaos to pristine and back to chaos and somewhere along the line it got its old weapon enchantments back as well as its current one.

it'd be pretty shitty to buy a longsword that once had FA dispelled and then end up with a bugged one after crossing and get banned for it a year or two down the line.

Edited by Propheteer

21 minutes ago, Redd said:

HHAHAHAHA thats just pathetic

This was not a bug. it was specifically coded to make LT and AOSP work! While FB/Rt swords are bugged and can't be created in a normal manner.

• Like 2

Meh I miss the water sword more...

I had that deed staked out for months when the crash occurred! :ph34r:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Redd said:

I really hope the exploiters have consequences taken upon their ingame account. Disgusting.

Actually nothing ingame indicated that the enchant combination wasn't allowed.

Aura of shared pain has been cast on it, so it may hurt creatures hitting the wearer.

Life Transfer has been cast on it, so it will transfer life to you when harming enemies.

Those 2 enchantments sound like a perfect duo and were infact a perfect duo.

There was no exploit involved in creating the armour enchant combination, so you can drop the term "exploiters", becouse no such thing was involved.

The combination excist solely due to the developers decision to implement it that way.

And now in hindsight they thought it was too powerfull and thus disallowed the combination. Or perhaps it was merely an oversight from their part, who knows?

Either way: no exploiting or cheating has occured.

• Like 1

Hey i like bugged weapons. I collect them if anyone has any spare i will pay top dollar