Sign in to follow this  
Cista

Wait what, steppe now eating through forests

I understand more than you might imagine. Central Xan is a wonderful place ;)

Thanks again.

Edited by geode

Tree-a-geddon!!!

(A secret plot to increase the price of wood items.. perpetuated by the most powerful and secret members of Wurm's Carpennati!)

If anyone wants to raise their woodcutting skill I found that just by planting trees in my perimeter, cutting them down and replanting works very well. Not the best idea to clearcut areas and walk away without even bothering to replant. If others did that before you as well there would have been no trees for you to cut either, even if you really needed the logs from them. The only reason you find large forests on Xanadu is because no one has been there clearcutting them all down.

Maybe this seems amusing and of no concern but after replanting trees continually over the years around the areas where I have lived I can say that very few take the time to replant any. If you see forests around my deeds now you know why and why not.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Following my earlier thinking in this thread, I feel that elevation would be a very suitable factor in determining whether grass/steppe/tundra advances over adjacent tiles. Without even needing to figure climate or actual weather patterns, the height (dirts above water) alone could be used to calculate the chance that each type has to colonize the other.