Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Clay - bake it to make pottery cobble

Since a lot of people build coastal roads or bridge piers which consists of large stretches or tiles of exposed clay, and yet we cannot pave or cover it, please consider this option:

Allow wurmians to change the very top consistency of the clay tile into something more user friendly.  One example may be when you make a a campfire on top of said exposed clay tile, the clay tile will be baked into a pottery type cobble tile.  This tile acts exactly like normal paved tiles, i.e. it does not decrease speed (like clay would), and it can be removed like normal cobble via a dig action with a shovel.   Pottery cobble should have a different graphic to normal cobble or other types of paving so it can always be recognized as clay.  It does not become dirt or sand but remains clay underneath the top layer of hardened pottery shell, and we can also plan and build a house on it. 

• Like 6

I'm not sure about allowing houses to be built on it, but otherwise a great idea.

• Like 1

Raised clay tiles in the middle of a very deep ocean so it acts as bridge piers, and raised clay tiles next to the coastal areas so it becomes road, could be a benefit to all travelers if it acts like normal cobble, without destroying the clay tile.

Bump30A.jpg

• Like 1

+1 always being annoyed by few clay tiles near my deed that prevents proper road to be built

• Like 1

Seems a good idea to me. Making a campfire per tile and letting it burn out to harden the clay would not be too time consuming and the ability to remove this surface by digging would allow others to still dig clay if needed.

No way to building Houses on these tiles though! That's a very bad idea since then in effect you can block all others from using that clay as long as the house exists. Just scratch that part and you have a good suggestion, me thinks.

=Ayes=

Hello Ayes

Thanks for the support re making clay tiles into hardened surfaces - travelling along the coast or over bridges where the spans are connected via clay piers is just ANNOYING.

Regarding the No to houses on these tiles, since we can only plan houses on perfectly flat tiles, I think people who are just out to hog resources would much rather just build a fence around it and lock it.   I have seen fenced off clay all over the place as things currently are, so I would assume that this would still happen.  However, allowing a house to be built onto baked clay will free up deed owners to plan and design their houses and deeds the way they would like to, and for my friend, who has to look at a raised bank of clay in front of her deed which was done by a thoughtless noob, she can at least build some pretty harbour building there to make the wall of clay less obvious. 

BUMP to the thread too :) Clay is annoying.  It is the Jar Jar of  Wurm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdS2kCUGvfo

• Like 2