Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly news #1 ... And we're back

header.png

Greetings!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday season, and I hope you're all back in the mood to get some heavy duty Wurming done!  This week we're easing back into the news with the in-house dev team not fully returned from the Christmas/New year break, but that doesnt mean we dont have things to show you!

Patch notes

Spoiler
December 22, 2015
  • Update for renting beds. Once a bed is rented only the renter should be able to use it for the next 24 RL hours (unless they rent a different bed, e.g. only one bed can be rented by one person at a time).
  • Added marble statues and displays for swords and axes.
  • Non-premiums players no longer block looting in PvP (added 23d Dec).
  • Added bonus back into decay rate for walls and floors when player is absent from server.
  • Removed additional (non-cooked) meat from hell scorpions.
  • Fix so flags and banners just show description (if they have one).
  • Made removing reinforcements to be never for enemies and unlawful players as was too easy.
  • Added the missing FUNGUS_TRAP, FUNGUS_SPELL, PAINRAIN and SCORN_OF_LIBLA keybinds.
  • Client: Fixed deed export orientation.

January 5, 2016
  • Bug Fix: Moving items from bulk containers now checks the item size
  • Bug Fix: Trading settlement deed to a villager of the same settlement no longer checks village change timer.
  • Bug Fix: Rice wine can now get you drunk!
  • Added a warning at 5 minutes of sleep bonus inactivity.
  • Fix for harvest times.
  • Made marble round and rectangular tables able to be picked up, this is so they can be sold on merchants. Also did wood bedside table. This also means they can be planted.
  • Fix for loosing permissions on server reset after crossing servers.
  • Corrected capitalization for some titles.
  • Mycelium spreading fixes.
  • Fix so people cannot repair/improve buildings in deeds perimeters without deeds permission.
  • Mushrooms can be stored in Food Storage Bin now.
  • Fix for active player building decay rate.
  • Fix so merchants should remember which way they were facing on server restarts.
  • Removing damage for floors when Ritual of Sun is cast.
  • Removed decay of floor plans.
  • Removed the QL and Damage from examine of floor plans.
  • Fix so roof material is correct in messages.

January 7, 2016
  • An issue with Unlock and Lockpick options on PvP servers fixed.
  • Enabled repair keybind to work on floors and bridge parts.
  • Fix so cannot continue on a planned or completed floor.

Clarification:

It's been raised that one PVP related patch note caused some confusion - Made removing reinforcements to be never for enemies and unlawful players as was too easy.. To clarify, this is referring to mining actions only, reinforcements can still be removed via disintegrate after draining the token.

New years events!

We had some awesome events over the New year, with fireworks, a lot of wine (And many *BURP*s) and some trivia, players won unique little knick knacks and items made of unusual materials (oak toolbelt? steel meditation rug? crazy!)

Treasure hunt

The long anticipated treasure hunt of Xanadu is back on! Vali has eliminated the pesky bugs that caused issues the first time around, and while there may be some lag, we expect the hunt to operate properly now.

The hunt starts at 4PM UTC (not server time!) on the 9th, with the same details as before, all starter towns will have a portal to the main hunt, so get ready to get lost!

auction_timer_E1452355251.gif

Riding shotgun

You'll now be able to take your BFF for a ride on the wagon with you in style, the passenger will have a unique view, from the back! The passenger will be perched upon the tail of the wagon, and get to watch the Wurm world go by, and also tell you about the trolls, spiders, bears and hellhounds chasing you....

wagon.jpg

Weekly question

We have our planned PVP kingdom interviews coming up, but we'd like to know what YOU want to ask the kings of the various factions fighting for dominance, so leave your suggestion here and you might see the kings asked!

Weekly media

This weeks screenshot is a picture of the celebration at Esteron, each player was given some fireworks to let off, I think I got most of them!

screenshot.jpg

That's all for this week. 2016 is shaping up to be a massive year for Wurm, and I can't wait to show you what we have in store!

Keep on Wurming!

Retrograde and the Wurm team.

• Like 18

Hell of a place for an alt to ride, going to be interesting though, and 2 people on a wagon!

Just imagine giving some new player a lift as you travel, it will certainly be an eye opener. ;)

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 2

;_; why change the numbering system back to being by week of the year? Numbering them in sequence means every weekly news has a unique title (it stops working after a year otherwise) and that people can remember which news they saw last more easily, especially if a few news get skipped. So for instance over the christmas break it would go from 88 to 89, instead of 50 to 1. I found with the old system you had to check around to see which news is actually the most recent and if you've missed one a lot more.

Passengers on wagons is a really good change imo :)

• Like 8

Riding in style!  Interviews you say?  Is someone copying me... lol

now making the repair keybind for roofs work would be nice aswell :D

"and also tell you about the trolls, spiders, bears and hellhounds chasing you"  That person is also known as bait XD.

• Like 7

when I go traveling in my slow wagon, I'm going to swing by starter towns and pick up unsuspecting newbies and ask if they want a tour of the land ;)

• Like 2

can we get an idea of the fruits from the treasure hunt? surely it will be something good considering the proportions of the map :)

I will never forget the first time I made a long journey in a cart to pick some friends up who started playing, it didn't end very well when this guy started chasing me, when I seen that photo for the new passenger position on the wagon it brought back that memory.

pPQaTVF.png

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Weekly question

We have our planned PVP kingdom interviews coming up, but we'd like to know what YOU want to ask the kings of the various factions fighting for dominance, so leave your suggestion here and you might see the kings asked!

Err. Not to sound presumptuous or big headed, but i'm chief of the biggest kingdom in the game and what? since when? who told us? any other kings out there heard about this? I'm totally up for it and willing to be involved but it helps to be asked :P

• Like 4

Can we get supermodel Emoo instead.  Bro sports a beard like a musky 15th century viking.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

[...] to sound presumptuous or big headed, but i'm chief of the biggest kingdom in the game and what? since when? who told us? any other kings out there heard about this? [...]

That are some good questions, so please answer them all in the interview.  ;)

I love the wagon riding spot!  When I have a second person in my cart, I try to have them looking behind me to warn me if we are being followed!  :D

22 minutes ago, Herrfritz said:

That are some good questions, so please answer them all in the interview.  ;)

I hope i can live up to the expectations of everyone who knew about this before i did :P

• Like 2

This was a cool thing to log into...love the shot gun ride option..wurm's only rumble seat!  Thank you for continuing to keep the game fresh with new things and ever fixing bugs that pop up.

26 minutes ago, thirtynine said:

Can we get supermodel Emoo instead.  Bro sports a beard like a musky 15th century viking.

Who can forget those sultry pics of Emoo fireside, or Silakka on the celebration commemorative  calender!

I love the new seat on the wagon, although its position is the opposite of shotgun, 'tail gunner' might be a more accurate description! :D

I (re)joined wurm in 2015, and what a great year to do it, Dev has been very strong and communication seems much better too. Kudos to you and the team for doing a great job, long may it continue!

4 hours ago, Docterchese said:

;_; why change the numbering system back to being by week of the year? Numbering them in sequence means every weekly news has a unique title (it stops working after a year otherwise) and that people can remember which news they saw last more easily, especially if a few news get skipped. So for instance over the christmas break it would go from 88 to 89, instead of 50 to 1. I found with the old system you had to check around to see which news is actually the most recent and if you've missed one a lot more.

If they want to keep it by week of the year, they should include the year. "2016 Week #1" would be pretty easy to find.

• Like 3

That is a very unique "shotgun" seat! Rumble seats! Now to just have your guest go "BEEP BEEP BEEP" as you back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Err. Not to sound presumptuous or big headed, but i'm chief of the biggest kingdom in the game and what? since when? who told us? any other kings out there heard about this? I'm totally up for it and willing to be involved but it helps to be asked :P

I think everyone knew about it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zethreal said:

If they want to keep it by week of the year, they should include the year. "2016 Week #1" would be pretty easy to find.

Though there's then the argument I made when I changed it to just 'News #X:' which is that it's a much shorter start to the title meaning you can fit more information in the title to help get people to read it.

3 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

when I go traveling in my slow wagon, I'm going to swing by starter towns and pick up unsuspecting newbies and ask if they want a tour of the land ;)

That's a funny way to phrase 'kidnap and enslave'. :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nadroj said:

I hope i can live up to the expectations of everyone who knew about this before i did :P

Pretty sure they got into contact with Epic kings, I haven't heard anything about the Chaos ones.

45 minutes ago, Docterchese said:

Though there's then the argument I made when I changed it to just 'News #X:' which is that it's a much shorter start to the title meaning you can fit more information in the title to help get people to read it.

The posts will be tagged with 2016, as you're right, the title gets too long. It's much easier to catalogue year by year though thus the reset.

3 hours ago, Nadroj said:

I mentioned several news articles ago that I'd be reaching out to pvp kingdom leaders to give them the opportunity to talk about their kingdom, it's still in the works and I plan on getting in touch with you all over the next two weeks.