Sign in to follow this  
PaulofDune

Please double the carpentry skill cap (level 198-200)

It'd be really cool to double the skill cap for carpentry. This would allow us to create bigger structures and give us more
to strive for. It'd be good for at least the planning big structure stage (as a GM) and then you can throttle it back to whatever
it was before.

We could create large, elaborate town buildings that would require all the same amount of work, but not restrict us to
smaller or square/rectangular structures.

If anyone knows how to make this mod happen, please make it happen! Thanks a lot :D

• Like 2

Or just allow a setting to configure the skill requirements....

But yes, 1 longhouse around a fortress instead of 20 would be a nice bonus.

2 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Or just allow a setting to configure the skill requirements....

But yes, 1 longhouse around a fortress instead of 20 would be a nice bonus.

Some sort of setting to remove or lower carp skill check would be great. It has an obvious purpose on WO, but in WU it generally doesn't serve much purpose.

22 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Some sort of setting to remove or lower carp skill check would be great. It has an obvious purpose on WO, but in WU it generally doesn't serve much purpose.

Exactly. Often these are huge servers with just not that many people. It doesn't
make a lot of real world sense either as to why you couldn't add 2 more "blocks"
onto a house. People do additions all the time.

+1 Definitely want.

This equals bigger shrines for my lands. :)

Edited by Roushi

I love random Links without any infos, readme, explanation and whatever....

24 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

I love random Links without any infos, readme, explanation and whatever....

There is an explanation if you click the link, albeit not well worded sorry I was tired when writing the release explanation I'll try to explained it better. The mod has an setting called carpentryMultiplier which the server owner sets. Whenever you plan or extend a house the size is limited by the total number of walls on the ground floor plus the number of tiles inside the house, with the mod this number must be less than the person planning's carpentry skill times the value of carpentryMultiplier. If the carpentryMultiplier is 1 the game will function as notmal.

Edited by Webba
  • Like 1

This mod no longer seems to be working. I only just started using mods, so I could be doing something wrong, but I can get Wurm up and running with other mods (Live Map, Custom Actions, etc) but Wurm will not launch with this one enabled.

Could Webba (or somebody) please update this, or point me in the direction of a mod that does something similar?

Edit:

OK, I don't know what changed, but today when I tried starting Wurm it started right up with this mod loaded. It DOES crash the game though whenever I try to plan a building or add to a building. At least now I can show the error from the log:

Spoiler

[02:13:42 PM] SEVERE com.wurmonline.server.Server: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.wurmonline.server.structures.Structure.getLimitFor(II)I
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.wurmonline.server.structures.Structure.getLimitFor(II)I
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:317)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.MethodsStructure.hasEnoughSkillToExpandStructure(MethodsStructure.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.MethodsStructure.expandHouseTile(MethodsStructure.java:427)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileBehaviour.action(TileBehaviour.java:2161)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileDirtBehaviour.action(TileDirtBehaviour.java:269)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Action.poll(Action.java:2854)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionStack.poll(ActionStack.java:237)
    at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.pollActions(Player.java:9167)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers(Players.java:4348)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1817)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.wurmonline.server.structures.Structure.getLimitFor(II)I
    at com.webbrar.mods.biggerhousesmod.BiggerHousesMod$1$1.invoke(BiggerHousesMod.java:58)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:307)

Edited by stormcrow22

Sorry for not replying for so long, I've been buzy with work for a while, I will try to fix this later today.

Hey, good timing man, I've been busy too and only just happened to check back again today. Thanks for taking a look at it.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:22 PM, Webba said:

Sorry for not replying for so long, I've been buzy with work for a while, I will try to fix this later today.

@Webbawhat is the status of this mod please, have you had time to look at it, by any chance, thanks in advance

On 4/30/2016 at 2:16 PM, MootRed said:

@WebbaIs this mod still working?

Not yet, it will crash your game.

I was hoping he'd get it working last month, I started a large building a few weeks ago not knowing the mod didn't work and now can't finish until this is fixed.

Still no go, is this mod, server or client side? I tried it a bit ago and still not letting me build more than the game allows, maybe something my end, im not sure

Server mod. The one I released requires the newest server modloader from Ago, version 0.18. Note you have to modify the properties file in the mods folder to have the multiplier you want. If you want to send me your server.log file I might be able to help narrow it down. This file is in the base directory of the server and is rewritten every time you start the server. 

Also note this mod as it stands doesn't handle shrinking a plan so while you may have enough skill to add tiles to a house it may tell you your skill is too low if you try to remove them. If people run into that a lot let me know and I'll take a stab at changing the mod to work for both cases and maybe even a flag to essentially just disable the check altogether. 

Right, that might explain why its not working, i havent upgraded the modloader, will do tomorrow, cheers

Sorry I have been buzy with work recently and am not really playing wurm, thanks to tmarchuk for the fix I have accepted the pull request but for now please use his release.

• Like 1

umm ok, I  think I just discovered why it's not working, there is no "properties" file in there, oops lol, someone goofed, please fix and reupload

That would be me that goofed. Whoop! Sorry about that. Thanks for the catch ozmods. Looks like Ant cares about file capitalization even though windows doesn't. For now I just updated the ZIP file manually. If any further changes are needed I'll update the packaging scripts to catch the difference in capitalization.

Thanks again!

-Tyson

9 hours ago, tmarchuk said:

That would be me that goofed. Whoop! Sorry about that. Thanks for the catch ozmods. Looks like Ant cares about file capitalization even though windows doesn't. For now I just updated the ZIP file manually. If any further changes are needed I'll update the packaging scripts to catch the difference in capitalization.

Thanks again!

-Tyson

yep all good, just redownloaded the mod, and tested and it works perfectly, thankyou so much for the mod, it means now the sky is the limit so to speak lol,

Yes! Thanks tmarchuk! I got a bit bummed out when I couldn't finish the large building I started and stopped playing for a bit. Glad I can get back to it!