Sign in to follow this  
Leann

Can the Railroad come to Wurm?

Hi,  i have some wonderful ideas for you. I thought it would be fun to have railroads. Like carts, rails, tracks, maybe a train, or a 1-2 man pump. Also another good idea is a ice box,  where you can put any kind of meals in it. 

• Like 1

Sorry, i think i was a bit quick here.

Edited by kekstier

49 minutes ago, kekstier said:

-1 Doesn't fit the "Wurm time era".

What are you -1ing? It's not a suggestion, its a request.

There is already a mod floating around for the FSB that allows you to put more things into it, if not what you want, its easy enough to mod with some digging threw the code.

Edited by ausimus

I think a form of train was used in mining systems going even back to Roman times. The engine was different of course - likely used either people, donkeys, mules or horses instead of steam.

As far as an ice box goes, long before the refrigerator or freezer existed people knew how to bury blocks of ice underground, covered with sawdust, as a means of preserving things into summer.

It would be interesting to see what people could do while leveraging the Wurm engine.

~Nappy

Oops. I thought this was the suggestions forum. My bad.

Edited by Dairuka

I'm up for rails and hand carts. Steam engines would kind of kill the feel of wurm.
The pump kind would be cool or as Nappy said, dragging by horses would be fun
and a faster way to move.

Mule carts have been used in mines for a very long time, but...  I think magic is very underused in the game and spells for pushing/pulling mine carts and preserving meat/meals in an enchanted container, would fit very well with the setting.

Maybe, but I imagine, just like with the other large or complex projects  -- that it would take a lot of resources and a lot of effort by multiple people.

Imagine making an entire steam engine rail line on your own, not really feasible. As a GM, maybe.

Edited by Roushi