Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

Choosing a priest's god

I am looking for help choosing a god for my priest. My current village has other priests, so none are particularly necessary, but I'd like to be a little less dependent upon their schedules. From my research, I've come up with the following.

Fo has good heals, I'm not into pvp, and don't do that much fighting so not my style.

Magranon seems to be eclipsed by Nahjo.

Nahjo has strongwall and WoA and courier. Can both cut wood and mine.

Vynora has WoA and CoC. Can cut wood and farm.

I have another character to make/imp stuff, so sacrificing isn't really a big deal. I will do my best to prepare him so not lacking any skills.

What I'm wondering is if I'm missing some benefits I'm not seeing. Nahjo seems far more useful than the 3 original white gods, maybe a little too much so.

I made this spreadsheet to help me decide, but I don't really know most of the other spells.

Go for vynora on pve. Still the best God despite the Nahjo attack. Nahjo is all good and nice but you need battery for his spells. On the other hand, 

Vynora can completely make a tool or weapons, by herself. 

Example: Coc, Woa, Frostbrand on a longsword. Can do MS also but will need a battery. Since its your first priest you cant go wrong as vynora. 

These are my views. All advertisement on vynora is subject to market risks. Read the offer document before investing.

*Conditions apply. :wub:

As I often tell newer players, I recommend against having a Priest main, unless this is for an alt, then disregard. :)

As far as what priest, Nahjo is currently the easiest to play if you want a multipurpose priest. Vynora is good if you want to try to sell the enchants or have an account to create and imp item and then cast on them to sell. Fo and Magranon were put majorly obsolete by Nahjo, as neither of them have anything special except Light of Fo.

As far as my personal preference. I prefer my Nahjo priest.

The thing to remember is that you can de-priest and re-priest, just costs a bit of faith, thats all.

Make sure you have the basics before priesting, 21 or so body control an area flattened and fenced and initial farming skills.

Farm a veggie, wemp and cotton. Get some basic rope making skills before priesting, if you can get someone to make you some net traps even better (hence cotton). Ideally you'd have enough skill to start on cordage.

Then when ready go Nahjo, use those veggies for cast spam and keep going past the initial channelling grind, say up to around 70.

At this point if you really like Nahjo, stay with it but if certain spells are missing (CoC a primary one) and you feel the lack, switch to Vynora. You may even want to take a short break from priesting first and get a couple more skills up.

At this point your best bet for favour is through rope making so keep pushing your farming and rope making skills up.