Sign in to follow this  
Maiya

RIP Schwanke :/

I've been in contact with one of Schwanke's IRL friend's

and he told me that Schwanke  have passed away  November 11, 2015

He went into the Hospital for possible pneumonia and got a staph infection and died from that

Im posting it here so his other friends in Wurm get to know it too

Word cant describe how missed you are by me 

so I end with

Sleep well Schwanke away from all pain and worry

Maiya

Edited by Maiya

Schwanke was a long time member of halcyon, and halcyon alliance, and was about the nicest, most helpful person one could hope to meet.

As such this is a very sad loss.

He had serious medical problems over a long period of time, but this still comes as a shock.

im going to miss u buddy, the game wont be the same without you.

Love, light and peace,

Sam

Schwanke will be greatly missed, one of the nicest and most honest guys I have come across in this game.

I remember with fondness my days in Halcyon on Indy with him and the rest of the gang. As Scott has said, he suffered for a longtime with various illnesses, but he was always there with a smile to help others when needed no matter his condition.

Rest easy friend, it was a privilege to know you, we will miss you.

I've previously crossed paths with Schwanke during my time in Scorpion Stone GV.
From what I can remember, he helped me build my house, as well as he was one of the elders. It was a very long time ago, and I wish I could revisit my chatlogs to remember the time better, but the fact that I remember him from Scorpion Stone, where I can only remember a handful of the other villagers, he must've been something special.
My condolences to friends and family. 

Sorry to hear about your loss. Rest in peace, Schwanke.

So sorry to hear about Schwanke - it's so sad when we lose those that we remember fondly, and this right on the heels of losing Oracle. Rest in peace, Schwanke. 

Can't say how sad i am feeling. words fail me.

We all knew about his illnesses but ever hoped we'll get him back soon.

As Scott said, this game wouldn't be the same without Schwanke.

he has been someone special.

Fare well, David, hope you found a better world now.

Missing you,

Gerda

Yesterday I heard about that bad news, still I can't believe it.

Schwanke with his good mood in any situation, his funny comments in alliance chat, his special and often strange projects ...

I will miss this inimitable person.

Keep your smile, Schwanke, in what ever world or form of existence you are now

I did not know him but have seen his name here for a long time. RIP Schwanke. Sorry I did not get to know you.

This is bad news.

But maybe it's good news, too. Schwanke didn't have a good life during the recent years, sickness, problems and surgeries ... Since he was a strong believer I'm sure he passed with the consciousness to go over into a better world. In his case, maybe a world where you can eat HotDogs all day long without adding weight?

Halcyon ally has lost one of its most liked and valuable members. A member that could help you for hours, always joking, then suddenly telling that he must log off because the pain grows too strong ...

Schwanke, we'll miss you!

• Like 1

Oh wow...

What a sad start, my thoughts are with his family and friends, and those of our alliance who have lost a truly amazing companion.

Schwanke couldn't sit still for more than 5 minutes, always complaining that something hurt and that he'd have to leave to do something else, and always complaining that whenever he could sit still, there was no-one in game to chat to. He seemed to hate chairs; times like this Rolf should work with Facebook to bring Wurm to the Occulus Rift!

<Pat> I miss the æsthetic of having dipthongs in English... blasted Yanks ruining our language, making people lazy...
<Schwanke> A dipthong is someting you wear at the beach.
<Marni> lmao
<Pat> Trust me, I don't.
<Schwanke> It covers up your dangling participle.

Rest in peace.

• Like 2