Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Server won't load, cannot find log of error

I was playing a custom creative map and it worked great for a week (and this seems to happen to me every install) and then it starts to have a java exception on load and won't load.

None of my servers now load and the window closes before I can read the error so I can post it. This is getting very frustrating. How can I find out where it's encountering the error?

in each of the map folders there is a 'Logs' folder in there there is a file called wurm.log.0,that is the log file

Found it. Apparently, a custom server was having issues with the source fountains and wells the default database config allowed, so I deleted the sql for it and had to rebuild the server. That sucks.

Annnndddd, Creative default server is now having java exceptions again and won't load. Needless to say I am done with this crappy product and won't recommend it to anyone.

I can't recommend starting his own server without technical knowledge. It can really suck. So best you can do is start on a server, not hosted by you, you like.

the most likely reason is that your IP address of your PC has been renewed and is different..

the server does not like it being changed and has no ability to change it to the new one by its self...

The big problem is that the game was released with zero documentation and checks for such things. No good error reporting, no dialogs warning you that something is amiss, just the crash and shutdown of your server.

Well you can get more accurate logs but it is very spammy, by changing the line in the ini file to Devmode=true

However I would have to agree with Bigsteve here, check that your IP is not different.

so.. how to you find what IP address is now and where do you need to change it?

hit the start button and type in cmd and hit enter, it opens up a dos window

then type ipconfig /all and it will output your computer info, scroll up a bit and you should find your IPv4 address , it should be something like 192.168.2.3

if its different then it could be the problem, but if its the same then its likely something else

enter that number into the local server tab of your game under server settings and also advanced server settings.

to better navigate the log files for errors, use the search function for "warning" or "shutting down" , this can be somewhat usefull for figuring out why things arent starting.

the wrong ip address would produce these lines"

INFO: Creating Wurm SocketServer on /192.168.2.3:48010
Jan 21, 2016 10:33:01 AM com.wurmonline.server.Server shutDown
INFO: Shutting down the server - reason: Problem running the server - Cannot assign requested address: bind

• Like 1