Sign in to follow this  
sulfurblade

Dragons have become a Nuisance

So here it is,

Dragons, I for one am sick of them!  Who ever thought its a good idea to let them run 40kpm and not give up the chase, was a good idea???  Now these annoying uniques get dragged to the spawn town where they tear it up, and who ever is being chased uses the gate to Ele to escape or hopes the templars will distract em long enough....  Or people with less honorable motivations drag em off near a deed and laugh as it wanders into said deed....  This whole dragon crap is really getting out of hand!

Either A, Put the damn rubber band effect back on em so there locked down at a position and return to it after chasing so far like it use to be!

Or

B, Give us some new game mechanic like a Preist spell that creates a magic fence that blocks ONLY uniques...  Or something to this effect so we can protect our deeds from these once cool now turn PESTS of wurm!

• Like 2

Would you think I'm rather absurd if I say that it would be totally okay for me when a dragon destroyed my deed? Just because it is giving me an opportunity to remodel my deed. I don't know, I just get satisfaction from it like it's part of my wurm story, a tale that I will share to my wurmian friends. I didn't see them as a problem at all even if I kept dying because of them. Maybe I'm just a sadistic wurmian. Nonetheless, I actually like that they don't have the rubber band effect so that, if ever they spawned somewhere that is unreachable, there is a chance that they might go somewhere wherein we can team up and hunt them down. Regarding the less honorable motivations, I think you can report them because that can be considered griefing(?).

But I've never been chased by a dragon or my deed got turned into nothing, so I can't really discern what you're going through right now. Probably the others will have a say on this.

Well since these Dragon changes I have had to do Repairs to the deed 3 times, because of Dragons....  

1 time was a village member not thinking and running for his life, I hope this will never happen again!

Another time a Dragon Actually spawned on the Island me deed is on... oh boy!

and the third time is a mystery.....  Needless to say it got led to my deed likely not intentionally....

Right now our allied deed has a nice dragon roosting inside of it....  One of our alliance members accidentally lead it there as she was trying to get it away from Blackbone to save the noobs and merchants etc....  Needless to say whenever someone from that deed logs in...  well there will be alot of repair work and one guy running for his life! Likely doing laps around his deed not realizing he is tearing it all up in the process.

So yes I think your a bit of a Masochist in your desire!  

Sounds like good fun :-).

Well, maybe dragons should just stay off deeds.

They can really mess up writs, that's for sure. 

EDIT: They have an escape mechanic. Maybe just have them "escape" from the deed after their "lunch" is eaten. Though I hear Wurmian tastes best when eaten unsuspectingly from behind. :lol:

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

Don't see anything wrong.

Dragons, I for one am sick of them!  Who ever thought its a good idea to let them run 40kpm and not give up the chase, was a good idea???  Now these annoying uniques get dragged to the spawn town where they tear it up, and who ever is being chased uses the gate to Ele to escape or hopes the templars will distract em long enough....  Or people with less honorable motivations drag em off near a deed and laugh as it wanders into said deed....  This whole dragon crap is really getting out of hand!

Curious that a former lead forum moderator can't read posts, this could clearly be used to block up the newbie spawn by people willing to grief. That might be a bad thing. May be good if they are restricted from entering the newbie spawn deeds at the least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreeTineen said:

Curious that a former lead forum moderator can't read posts, this could clearly be used to block up the newbie spawn by people willing to grief. That might be a bad thing. May be good if they are restricted from entering the newbie spawn deeds at the least.

Never heard of this happening to a starter deed ever since they started respawning and they would likely be handled pretty quickly by the locals on most servers if this happened.

The initial paragraph is from the op, forum prevented me from quoting the op's post along with shrimpies. That, or more likely i'm just bad at editing. Anyway still takes a dedicated group to handle a unique. 20-30 players with backup fo alts for heals aren't as common as they used to be.

Who ever thought its a good idea to let them run 40kpm

On 05/01/2016 at 0:41 PM, sulfurblade said:

Who ever thought its a good idea to let them run 40kpm and not give up the chase, was a good idea???

they fly. there most often is no chase.
(ok we have to tweak that with our imaginations but 40kmh seems like a fair game mechanic compromise to me)

If a dragon destroyed an entire project, that would be a problem. But a little fray here and there is good for growth.

I think I would have a serious issue with logging into my deed and finding that some NPC dragon destroyed my stuff....

19 minutes ago, Proximo said:

I think I would have a serious issue with logging into my deed and finding that some NPC dragon destroyed my stuff....

From experience, the damage was done while trying to subdue the dragon. It busted house walls trying to get to the player it was chasing. The one we dealt with didn't kill any animals or try to break into fields to get them. It did bust house walls out while trying to get it out of the middle of the village and into a mine to set up the event. Had it busted through fences instead of going around them through the houses, it would have been different I think. It didn't seem to be all that interested in taking the easy path through wooden fencing but the hard way through the kitchen. :lol:

• Like 1

yeah by fray i mean a busted wall or fence as what happens when you try to pen champion trolls.

I can see how this is a problem in pvp.

On 1/5/2016 at 10:29 AM, FreeTineen said:

Curious that you can't think of a better counter to my opinion of a suggestion, and instead must resort to attempted childish remarks. I read his post, I disagreed that there is a problem here, and disagreed with his solutions, thus my post. Firstly as a new player it would be far more exciting than anything to see a dragon come stomping through the starter deed. Secondly, if that dragon is stomping through someone's deed then it should be up to the community to rally together to defeat it.

On 05/01/2016 at 6:43 AM, FreeTineen said:

The initial paragraph is from the op, forum prevented me from quoting the op's post along with shrimpies. That, or more likely i'm just bad at editing. Anyway still takes a dedicated group to handle a unique. 20-30 players with backup fo alts for heals aren't as common as they used to be.

Lol 20-30 players, you only need 7-10 good fighters, only on freedom would you need 20 , made me laugh. OP is talking about Epic where Blackbone (BL starter deed on Affliction) is fuill of new players as most of the older more experienced players have left for pmks, or just stopped playing. Thus it could potentially be a problem for them. I remember helping to kill one on the Serenity starter deed which someone in our village had thought it would be fun to bring it there. ;p Was fun

On 1/8/2016 at 3:16 PM, Audrel said:

From experience, the damage was done while trying to subdue the dragon. It busted house walls trying to get to the player it was chasing. The one we dealt with didn't kill any animals or try to break into fields to get them. It did bust house walls out while trying to get it out of the middle of the village and into a mine to set up the event. Had it busted through fences instead of going around them through the houses, it would have been different I think. It didn't seem to be all that interested in taking the easy path through wooden fencing but the hard way through the kitchen. :lol:

Twice uniques spawned in my living room, and they did a bunch of trouble before I even logged in. The dragon, I'd never seen one before, and I logged in and go WTF IS THAT and it killed me before I could run because I lagged. The troll king killed my champ doggie, and then the dragon set the doggies loose (but I caught them).

Who you gonna call?

Dragon slayers!

For you kiddies:

4 hours ago, Rhianna said:

Lol 20-30 players, you only need 7-10 good fighters, only on freedom would you need 20 , made me laugh. OP is talking about Epic where Blackbone (BL starter deed on Affliction) is fuill of new players as most of the older more experienced players have left for pmks, or just stopped playing. Thus it could potentially be a problem for them. I remember helping to kill one on the Serenity starter deed which someone in our village had thought it would be fun to bring it there. ;p Was fun

^^^^ This is the long and the short of it....  With the recent Migration of Rakki, Gele, Arudash, Utred, Akugi, and 2 others to VD we literally lost half of the accounts capable of dispatching these nuisance's...  We have gone from a server with about 20 Solid players to 10 solid players...  

Sadly both VD and Rome outnumber BL in population....

27 minutes ago, sulfurblade said:

^^^^ This is the long and the short of it....  With the recent Migration of Rakki, Gele, Arudash, Utred, Akugi, and 2 others to VD we literally lost half of the accounts capable of dispatching these nuisance's...  We have gone from a server with about 20 Solid players to 10 solid players...  

Sadly both VD and Rome outnumber BL in population....

And thats a reason to make a change affecting the entirety of the wurm population? No.

11 hours ago, Rhianna said:

Would love to see a video where 7 of you defeat a dragon(not hatchling) without using any bugs.

14 hours ago, Rhianna said:

Lol 20-30 players, you only need 7-10 good fighters, only on freedom would you need 20

fyi - freedom doesn't need 20, we use large numbers to kill dragons because we have more people to involve. it's a community thing.
your personal opinion aside and forgetting about the multitude of well funded alts, yeah you don't need huge numbers, just solid players. the freedom cluster provides many because of the number of people we involve.
don't knock the numbers

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 2

On 1/5/2016 at 1:29 PM, FreeTineen said:

recently the affliction starter deed was badly damaged by a dragon and resulted in noobs getting killed there by enemy raiders over 30 times with no protection

16 hours ago, Rhianna said:

^this is one of the romans who was there killing newbies after the dragon, but she managed to die to them somehow

the kills:

Spoiler

[14:14:29] Thecrow slain by Gianna Vincentruth 
[14:14:39] Sulfurblade slain by Worksock Oniichan Gianna Orlaz Vincentruth 
[14:16:06] Northstar slain by Worksock Oniichan Vincentruth Orlaz Gianna 
[14:17:20] Rileys slain by Oniichan Gianna Vincentruth Orlaz 
[14:18:21] Thecrow slain by Oniichan Worksock Vincentruth 
[14:20:03] Durand slain by Oniichan Worksock Gianna Vincentruth Orlaz 
[14:21:00] Sulfurblade slain by Oniichan Vincentruth 
[14:21:34] Aexies slain by Oniichan Worksock Orlaz Vincentruth Gianna 
[14:23:12] Sulfurblade slain by Worksock Oniichan Gianna 
[14:24:41] Sulfurblade slain by Gianna Vincentruth