Sign in to follow this  
Stilithium

Playing around with deed. Gameworld destroyed

So i bought wurm on steam and have playing around ALOT with it for a week or so.

Then i started playing around with the deed item to fund a settlement.

after that my gameworld got destroyed and ocean titles was created in the middle of my village and destroyed the map.

posting a screenie....what to do?

wurm_20160105_0939.jpg

Filed a ingame support request. After 6 hours no response. Have many days does it usually take

for support to answer?

Restore the backup. I guess the server data is damaged and it can't be restored.

Did you close the server by clicking the "x" in the window title or did you always use the shutdown button?

Do you have any mods installed?

The ingame support requests in WU are probably pointless since you run your own server. The support tickets will end up on your server.

Edited by ago

Hi.

Thanks for your response.

So i got to copy the wurm backup adventure folder into adventure folder to restore the map? Is it possible to do so without

loosing my gained skills on the char im playing?

Im doing both i guess. when it comes to shutting down the server. Is one way way of shutting down the

server prefered over the other?

Game was vanilla when the adventure map broke. The last couple of days i tried some modded maps

to be able to play. And installed the No winter mod to start the new maps in the fall season.

Okay. yeah that explains alot. :P 

You could try to copy the *.map files from the Adventure_Backup folder. This should reset the terrain to the initial stage. But this could result in structure an non-flat terrain. I don't know if this causes issues.

The preferred way is to shutdown the server via the "shutdown server" button. This will shutdown the server orderly to prevent any data corruption.