Sign in to follow this  
Doctorzoidburg

Ground Texture Graphics Issue

I've been having a graphics issue with both wurm online and wurm unlimited and am unable to fix it. I have tried all the things suggested in previous forums such as changinging the FBO and VBO settings, manually installing a graphics card update, and running all graphics at lowest possible settings. None of these have worked and this is my last ditch effort in hopes someone has a resolution to my issue. I am using an Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series with 8 GB ram, i5 core, and an intel HD 5000 graphics card. I've read a lot about how intel and wurm do not work well together and I'm at the point where I'm starting to think this isn't fixable so hopefully someone has a solution for me. I will provide an image with a detailed description of what is wrong.

Graphics Issue Image Link

The trees, grass, buildings and characters look just fine and I have no issue running the game at high quality graphics. However, the ground textiles move around and don't show what they are supposed to look like. I end up having to hover over every tile in order to know what I'm actually looking at. As I've said before I have tried all the previously suggested fixes from other forums and the problem still persists.

Hopefully someone can help me with this!

Edited by Doctorzoidburg

Had this problem a lot on my laptop. Changed the graphics drivers many times (Tried new and old) and eventually it stopped.

Cant really offer any help other than that. Good luck!

14 hours ago, Redd said:

Had this problem a lot on my laptop. Changed the graphics drivers many times (Tried new and old) and eventually it stopped.

Cant really offer any help other than that. Good luck!

I haven't tried that so far so I will have to try.

Thanks!

Quick update : The problem still persists and I have been in contact with Intel. They were very unhelpful and denied any issue with their product. They directed me to their forums which I posted in and they continued to deny any issue with the product. For those dealing with this issue and absolutely cannot fix it I am starting to believe that it is not fixable. The problem lies with Intel graphics incompatibility with Java and if changing in game settings does not fix it I don't think anything really will. 

What operating system and intel chip are you using?

Note that older generation I3's are not supported for windows 10, and intel has said they will not make windows 10 graphics drivers for them.

On 1/14/2016 at 6:33 AM, Xyp said:

What operating system and intel chip are you using?

Note that older generation I3's are not supported for windows 10, and intel has said they will not make windows 10 graphics drivers for them.

I am using Windows 8.1 and I have an i5.

I find this interesting, worthy of researching - I run on Win7-64. using i3770K and _only_ the integrated HD4000 gfx (desktop machine though, not lappy), and I have never seen these issues.

A hardware (or driver) developer denying any responsibility shouldn't surprise you.

Let's do the simple things first - compare driver versions. Device manager tells me "10.18.10.4226".