Sign in to follow this  
NESGamepro

24 Hours on Server to Attack Uniques

Yes it is quite ridiculous that the hide drops are way, way smaller than the scale. I've participated considerably more drake fights than dragons, still I'm nothing near to make the first drake hide armor yet :o - which should be the more common I suppose.

Many people have been freely throwing around the "Wurm is a sandbox experience" so no instances or other things that will spoil that. Well in my mind the whole penning of Uniques has already destroyed it. Come on what dragon is going to allow it self to be  locked in a stupid tunnel and a Troll King that cant bash a stone wall is a disgrace to all trolls. If your so concerned about the "sandbox experience than there should be a load clamor for this to stop and open world hunting of Uniques should be the way its done.

I know this would limit who can actually hunt them but than again I cant make a ql 99 carving knife either so no different than all Wurm experiences. If left the way it is than the argument that this is a true "sandbox world" will never fly with me.

• Like 1

scale amount is a bit high right now, hide amount is way too low, tomes are wayyyyyyyy too random. the hunt is the biggest thrill in a unique kill... well, at least for the first few hours, once you have been looking for 18 hours straight, it's becoming boring.

The penning is always a problem, the code have been changed many times to prevent it, but never enough to stop it.

I do believe in smaller teams taking the uniques down with some real team work, not ganking them and backing off so everyone can have a hit on it. (creatures difficulty / fighters cap are there for a reason afterall). We all have our servers, were we are resident/citizens, i do think it's up to each of us to organize ourselves to be able to manage our own uniques fights with our own set of rules.

It's also a matter of ethic and how much you consider uniques on the lands of wurm free for all. Do we need instances, no, do we need a better loot balance, yes, do we need more spawns, yes, do we need a better loot balance with more spawns, yes that's the solution.

Wurm is a complex persistant sandbox world and that means everyone should have the right to own a drake or scale set as well as having sorcery powers when they invest themselves in the game. Balance is needed to keep the fun part in the game, i know how much the RM trade is valued by some but it's always a pity to see the game become a cash cow and nothing else.

It's too late to take rl worth out from the game, so you're gonna see the same people show up time and time again to cash in. I'm sure it is possible to manage to join up with those guys, but you'd hafta manage your time very well... I can hardly show up to any of the unique hunts because of the time zone difference and the fact that I put sleep and work above Wurm.

Let me clue a few of the jealous kids screaming for change in on a few things:

1.  You will not easily save up hides for a drake/scale set.  It WILL take years, and no the system doesn't need to change because you don't feel like waiting.  They have already adjusted the amount of drake/scale that drops from a dragon, and they don't need to do it again every time one person comes to the forums and whines that it's too hard.  Of course it's hard.  If everyone was meant to wear drake, new players would spawn with drake hide armor.

2.  If you're jealous of all the private fights, go out there and do something about it.  I experienced what it was like trying to find a unique on an 8x8 server and decided it wasn't for me.  You might feel the same way if you go to a server, spend 12 hours scanning every tile of the map for a unique that has already been secretly penned.  (I have no problem with penning, I hate secrecy that allows third parties to continue wasting their time for no reason).

On 1/13/2016 at 2:41 PM, Odynn said:

I do believe in smaller teams taking the uniques down with some real team work, not ganking them and backing off so everyone can have a hit on it. (creatures difficulty / fighters cap are there for a reason afterall). We all have our servers, were we are resident/citizens, i do think it's up to each of us to organize ourselves to be able to manage our own uniques fights with our own set of rules.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with allowing anyone who wants to get the title to get the title. I see absolutely nothing wrong with allowing people to get their kill tally kicked up one on bdew's tracker. I have never gone to a private fight and never will. I have helped host two fights, both public, both with a huge turnout. Everyone had fun. Everyone got a hit. 

Unless you want a big drop in hide/scale... then it's not going to happen if you let everyone join the fun and experience the event. Personal greed vs fun for everyone (who all pay the same amount for that fun) is loathsome.

EDIT: And unless it is your own server, you are not "we all" to say who enjoys what on your server.

Edited by Audrel

so someone else beat you at a time-sensitive in game event, you're butthurt, and you think you're entitled to it because someone else outplayed you?

absolutely not, huge -1 to the OP, git gud or git rekt

driver slowly to the decline in the game

Edited by Ibexx

1)Just make more of em, make em give less loot, less blood less hide lower chance at the good stuff and then make them a little easier so it's possible to get a group together and hunt them without having to plan a week in advance for everyone to be on at the same time.  Scale the number spawned to the server.  an 8x8 could have a max of 1 of each type alive at the same time.  Indy could have a max of 4 of each type at a time and Xan could have 16 of each type. 
Or

2) Go the exact opposite direction and make them MUCH MUCH MUCH harder so that 50+ all high level people might have a slim chance of killing it, requiring even more people to come to hunts.
And ofc make the loot distribute itself among those who do damage.  
And while we are at it, can we really stop trying to pretend they are still uniques?  I mean really, respawning was added what, 2 years ago now?   They aren't unique when they can be replaced :P

Edited by Greyfox