Sign in to follow this  
NESGamepro

24 Hours on Server to Attack Uniques

The same people travel the servers to take the unique kills and it's getting old. Some people are kind enough to post and make it an event, mostly though it's the usual crowd, a recurring theme in Wurm. Please fix it.

This idea may not be the fix, but there has to be something that can be done.

Now bring on the hate.

Edited by NESGamepro
  • Like 1

you mean the hate that you're whining and not doing anything that you're able to do within the current mechanics to slay them yourself, like get your own group together

or the hate that it's a bad idea

• Like 2

They usually say, go find it etc, put work into it.. be friends with the recurring group well maybe that's true - but would it hurt to make them spawn more? It's hard to find middle ground and the devs don't' really seem like they want to do something to make it more fair for everyone. How would you accomplish that? I say make them spawn more like once a week on every server.

• Like 2

It would completely ruin the public fights that are community events that regularly attract 100+ people each time.

Big -1.

• Like 1

By not doing anything do you mean looking for it and being beaten by the usual in-crowd only to have it killed with barely any notice?

You could always do something intelligent like create a instance/phase where you team up with say 5 people to go and kill the monster (once a week lockout)

That's fair.

But yeah something needs to be done or dragon drama will never end, go away - it creates a lot of annoyance for some.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

"Drama =/= laziness"

obviously there's a bit more experience than 80% of the population but if any group from chaos went over they could find/kill a unique themselves, and have done so before, so don't use the excuse "you can't compete with the usual group"

I am sorry you did not make it but like I said in Freedom, Everyone has their own way of handling the unique hunts. Believe me it is far less hassle to kill them privately, So I say be Thankful to anyone that offers them to the public even if it is on shorter  notice. -1

• Like 2

That's why it needs to change. Niki's idea got me thinking. 1 kill per account per week in an instanced setting with your friends would make it fair. I appreciate that you make them public but the fact that I rely on it is awful.

Like on Freedom I would say - it is up to the team penning the uniques to choose what protocol to follow on the fights. And I'm quite sure there are several teams / individuals are hunting down the uniques and it is really open to everyone. It takes quite much time sometimes, it happened to me to spend a whole week, several hours a day to chase a unique and never find it... or maybe someone was just faster than me :D

I would say go and try to hunt them - it is real good fun, I enjoy it even if I'm not very successful with the task.

Its super simple but effective, build a instanced portal, make a group - enter portal - kill dragon - collect loot - leave. You're now locked out for a week.

Most mmos have similar systems.

• Like 2

Wurm does it better uniques living amongst us - and even as there are people suffering the uniques haunting them. They make happy others spotting them, and going to be happy being released from the tyrant :D For me the new server crossing is out of context although I must admit I love it using it :D

Remove loot from Uniques! Problem solved.

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 6

Point is there - but how will I collect my scale then ?

11 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Wurm does it better uniques living amongst us

If it was better there wouldn't be all the drama. And absurd comments like WKM's add nothing to the conversation. Of course you guys don't want it to change, you are the ones benefiting from the unfairness.

To anyone suggesting anything involving the word "instance": That is not the kind of feature that fits into Wurm's overall design one bit, and I'm honestly kind of shocked that anyone seems to think otherwise.

• Like 1

Well, 95% of the hunts I'm on are the public ones - I'm not in any of the "insider" groups - the info on the fights I collect from the forums and kingdom chats, or friends notify each other about the posts to not miss the events. Sure, I try to catch all the fights and take it as high priority so ready to jump in a knarr most of the time, unique hunts are a nice part of Wurm. Yes, I still miss quite a few and feel bad about it for a while too...

If people penning uniques to control their inevitable slaughter is actually a problem (and I'm not 100% convinced it is), the solution should be twofold:

1. Actually let uniques bash their way out of buildings, reinforced mines, and whatever other zany contraptions people use to bottle them up for later public spectacle and execution.
  2. Implement a better feature set for tracking down monsters, so actually hunting the things down in a group and killing it becomes plausible and fun.
  • Like 1

Why, because you think it doesn't fit into Wurm? Who says? I've played for years and it seems like a wonderful idea to me. Is it because you will lose your monopoly?

• Like 1

Could easily do both, make instances for us not in the circle. Keep your world dragons.

Most mmo's have both.

What this means is you guys get more loot and people that are not as lucky get some bloods also. Win=Win to me.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

Wurm is a massive, persistent, player-driven world. Instanced areas make absolutely no sense in its context.