Sign in to follow this  
matosati

password incorrect - SOLVED

Hi, I have a problem with login on my own server.

I started server 2 weeks before, everything works fine, made char and build house, start my own deed. But then I reinstalled OS and now I cant login on my server, it says "connection denied <password incorrect> make new character with different name". When I made new character with different name it works fine, also found my old char house and large cart.

How can I reset password or something to login with my old character?... tried change some things with sql DB browser in wurmplayers.db, but nothing works.....

Ip is same on both my characters in database, also same is ip after windows reinstall.

thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by matosati

The "password" is bound to the steam id. Do you have multiple steam accounts?

This shows two ways to reset the passwords to the locked GM characters. The same should work on your character.

Problem solved.... something wrong with database or steam account...

solution.... delete old character and create new with the same name, than copy new char password from wurmplayers.db, copy old-saved world files and overwrite new ones. Than open old wurmplayers.db and paste new password over old broken character password (player id untouched).... and it works :-D....... logged in to old world, but did not tried deed management yet if it forks like before, but player ID is same as before

Edited by matosati

On 1/5/2016 at 4:21 PM, matosati said:

Problem solved.... something wrong with database or steam account...

solution.... delete old character and create new with the same name, than copy new char password from wurmplayers.db, copy old-saved world files and overwrite new ones. Than open old wurmplayers.db and paste new password over old broken character password (player id untouched).... and it works :-D....... logged in to old world, but did not tried deed management yet if it forks like before, but player ID is same as before

Delete old character how/where? Seems like WAY too much effort for something that shouldn't happen in the first place!

I ended up using the regular (non-dedicated) Wurm Unlimited server to create a new character on an unsed database (Adventure in my case), then copied that character's passwordID from wurmplayers.db to the dedicated server Adventure wurmplayers.db and I could login fine with the same character name. No need to copy "old-saved world files" either.

Edited by Eep
Simpler fix