Sign in to follow this  
PaulofDune

Lots of mod ideas (cave stuff, carrying, lighting and more) Updated

I know I've come up with some good ones over my time on WU, but I should have written them down.
This will be updated in the future, I guess.

Repeat last action mod:

This would be great for things like tunnel, cutting grass, paving roads...things that it wont let you bind.

Or maybe have a repeat this action 3 times button. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action preferences per tool mod:

When you activate the pickaxe and right click on a rock wall it goes to mining and then has mine, mine upwards,
mine downwards and prospect. If you left or right click on any of those it will carry out the action. What I'm proposing
is that when you right click and hold the action you want you can drag it around that menu and it will save the order
per tool, per surface.

Example:

Standard:

Mine

Mine Upwards
Mine Downwards
Prospect

Right click on wall / mining /

Right click and hold "Prospect" and drag to top of list.

Adjusted:

Prospect

Mine

Mine Upwards
Mine Downards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horse/bison saddle bag mod:

How about a saddle bag mod for horses? One could hold a water skin and the other could hold food and
cotton and stuff. I'd say if these were all they were used for that there wouldn't be any penalty to the horse.
This could be created as the item "provisional saddle bags". There could also be "saddle bags of holding"
that could carry more, but slow the speed of your horse.

Decoration:

I think Taxidermy would be a cool mod.

That way if you have a venerable animal that you liked and it goes kaput you can keep it around.

Deer statues in the yard. I would say a basic pose at first. Just them standing or something. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lighting:

New style of torch:

What about a torch that has a bowl on top that is filled with tar or peat and lit that puts out more light than lamps?

(something like this: http://easyfirepits.com/wp-content/gallery/5/img_2351.jpg)

Tall street lamp:

A tall oil street lamp would be nice. Make it throw out more light in a large circle so less of them could be used for highway
stretches. 

(something like this: http://mike.da2c.org/igg/rail/00-app1/arclamp.jpg)

Illuminated highways: (weird, so it may not be for everybody)

How about a mod that you can coat bricks with glimmersteel to give them a slight glow.
You could heat up the bricks and glimmersteel to glowing in a forge and add them to
the crafting window. For each brick use .20 kg of glimmer. 1 lump would do 5 bricks.
That way you wouldn't need lamps every 5 tiles for a long stretch of highway. You
could see the road from a long way off.

This could also be different elements if you want. Maybe animal fat mixed with small
traces of brass or something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animal Requests:
A personal pet - Scouting Hawk. It could fly up and be almost like reveal settlements or you could have it track
something for you. (Kyklops is 40 tiles to the east. Riverview Manor is over 1000 tiles northwest) Something like that.

The hawk could always sit on your cart or wagon. I think your shoulder would look gimmicky and
the hovering 6' in the air crap would look ridiculous. Or maybe have a "hawk call" or whistle that
calls him to you as long as he's in range. I suppose you could also set him to fly circles above you
while you hunt and just follow you that way.

Male lions.

Ducks near water.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Underground:

- Cave ceilings opening to above ground? (ie: mining all the way through to the surface to let in daylight)

- Beds in caves - Give sleep bonus

- Cave houses ( build rock walls with doors?)

- Build actual houses in caves with normal materials (clear giant opening in cave; build standard house)

- Grass, dirt, flooring on cave floors.

I was thinking of keeping the same tile size, but building a wide wall of bricks and having it
show up in the middle of the tile as a block wall and having the wooden door inset into the middle of
that tile.

Kind of like this: http://www.affinityglass.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Grey-Rock-door-in-porch.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And while it doesn't go with the theme of Wurm I still think cart GPS would be helpful for me :D

That's all I can think of for now.

Edited by PaulofDune
  • Like 3

If we get male lions, would we get female lions also? Those "mountain lions" (cougars) are not sexually-dimorphic.

Having a hawk or falcon as a pet would be great. I would enjoy having to search trees/cliffs to find an egg to hatch, but I feel like the bird would work best if it were a graphical pet which was either 'with you' or 'in the air', but not as a free-roaming creature; it would look odd perched on the floor or hovering in place, although we do have bird cages now.

Also, walls/doors within caves would be interesting, but I wonder how they could work without cave tile borders being introduced first. Beds just make sense, only need to enable their use when underground; just hope there isn't a collapse while you're sleeping in there!

Mmmm...good point. Forgot they were mountain lions. Just rename the mountain lion to lion (female).
It's close enough.

The hawk could always sit on your cart or wagon. I think your shoulder would look gimmicky and
the hovering 6' in the air crap would look ridiculous. Or maybe have a "hawk call" or whistle that
calls him to you as long as he's in range. I suppose you could also set him to fly circles above you
while you hunt and just follow you that way.

I was thinking more like keeping the same tile size, but building a wide wall of bricks and having it
show up in the middle of the tile as a block wall and having the wooden door inset into the middle of
that tile. Kind of like this:

http://www.affinityglass.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Grey-Rock-door-in-porch.jpg

I usually read the requests. But only about 1% actually spark any interest. Most stuff is just to special or hardly possible without changing huge parts of the code.