Sign in to follow this  
Earl

PMK and changing kingdoms

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here. Maybe it's the server settings or what not.

PMK

I have my settlement, I have a Declaration of Independence - I have GM 5 - No options by either right clicking the Declaration OR settlement token.

Changing Kingdoms

I know you can right click something and select creature>change kingdom. However it seems it only changes them to the kingdom I'm a part of. Is there a way to change something to another kingdom?

Changing kingdom boarders

Can this be done?

Bonus Question

If edits are made to the database, will they show up live or will I have to shut down the server?

Edited by Earl

1st question: you have to be a mayor to accomplish it.

2nd, change the kingdom of the gm account your on and then you change the kingdom of the player to match your own.

3rd, don't understand the question, elaborate.

4th, any edits done to the database requires a server restart in most cases, some can be accomplished by the player leaving the server and rejoining,  if its an item in inventory (or anything that reflects the player(best to do player edits while they are offline thou as it can be buggy to edit anything player related when they are online)).

To question 2: Activate Wand > Rclick wand > Creatures > Change kingdom

To question 4: Safer to shutdown, edit and restart.

16 minutes ago, ausimus said:

1st question: you have to be a mayor to accomplish it.

2nd, change the kingdom of the gm account your on and then you change the kingdom of the player to match your own.

3rd, don't understand the question, elaborate.

4th, any edits done to the database requires a server restart in most cases, some can be accomplished by the player leaving the server and rejoining,  if its an item in inventory (or anything that reflects the player(best to do player edits while they are offline thou as it can be buggy to edit anything player related when they are online)).

1. I am the mayor of the settlement. I'm also stood next to the settlement token. Still no luck

2. How do I change the GM kingdom? (Does this have to be via the database?)

3. I mean the area of influence of the kingdom, how large it is (Is this not a thing?)

4. Thanks ^^

Edited by Earl

2 minutes ago, Earl said:

I am the mayor of the settlement. I'm also stood next to the settlement token. Still no luck

double check that the server is not set to "home server" iirc you cannot have a pmk on one. Its an option in the server gui.

Edited by ausimus

Just now, ausimus said:

double check that the server is not set to "home server" as iirc you cannot have a pmk on one.

It's not a home server, it's not PVP, I've tried with both Epic and not Epic settings.

(I also edited my last post with the further answers)

Just now, ausimus said:

you cant found a pmk on a non pvp server.

Ah really!? Well that sucks hard! That explains why it's not been working for me then.

Any idea on how to change the GMs kingdom?

2 minutes ago, Earl said:

Ah really!? Well that sucks hard! That explains why it's not been working for me then.

Any idea on how to change the GMs kingdom?

26 minutes ago, Capi said:

To question 2: Activate Wand > Rclick wand > Creatures > Change kingdom

Oh I see. I just tried something new.

So to change kingdom you go to the settlement token of the kingdom you want to be and use creature>change kingdom.

I was thinking it would something to do with a dialogue box opening up and picking the kingdom you want from there.

you need to right click the wand not another item to change the kingdom of the gm account, a popup will come up asking you which kingdom you want to join.

make sure the wand is activated (green).

Right, this is starting to make so much sense.

It's the little things that always slip by you ^^

Thanks for helping me out with this!

I think I have just one more question.

If I disband the default settlements. When people join the server for the first time, will the then just have the option to join the PMK? - If not is there a way to set it that they join the PMK by default?

A pmk requires a settlement otherwise the kingdom will disband, so make sure to have at least one deed that belongs to the pmk. I do believe it is possible to set a pmk deed as a starter town. A starter town for a kingdom is a requirement for new players to be able to select it.

Edited by ausimus