Fraeya

Black Forest Bazaar Q13 The largest market in the Southwest

05452ea8-a58a-4c3d-8314-3e5b6dd761eb_zps

Without further ado I'd like to announce a new market for the south west of Xanadu!

Now freely open to place merchants, please contact myself or Weatherwax for horse sale placements

We are located in the northwest corner of the Q13 tile in Southwest Xanadu. There is a canal bordering the market so you can access by boat and we have a highway leading through the mountain to the north if you wish to visit by land.

Location map here

Spoiler

xan%20map_zpsk1xcmmg7.jpg

This market has been under construction for the best part of 8 months now with help from villagers of Black Forest Nemeton and villages in our local alliance.

We have 106 market stalls built for every variety of merchant, with 8 of those being merchants by our horse pens (each merchant has space for 5 horses.)

100 Power mailbox for near instant mailing

Each section of the main market area is split up into three colour coded sections. We have the cherry section to the east, the apple section to the west and the lemon section by the temple to the north.

We have a temple with altars to the gods where we hold sermons and there is a tavern at our village, Black Forest Nemeton, where you can rent out a bed and some stable space for your horse or cart if you don't fancy the travel home right away or wish to stay for more sermons.

If you are looking for a place to live near the market Black Forest Nemeton is always recruiting, you can find our recruitment page here

Alternatively if you wish to join the area Black Forest Alliance can help you relocate and find a suitable area

So let's have some pictures!

Spoiler

wurm.20151230.1000_zpslm9ripmh.jpg

wurm.20151230.1001_zpszbrcbfmn.jpgwurm.20151230.0959_zpsxo65zymh.jpgwurm.20151230.1002_zpsy4dyuqbz.jpgwurm.20151230.1001_1_zpsheabnngv.jpg

wurm.20151231.2309_zpsxqmyrjti.jpg

wurm.20151231.2312_1_zpsbi9x89bm.jpg

wurm.20151231.2312_zpsvkhiwvzp.jpg

wurm.20151231.2356_zpsmcvcdqyr.jpg

wurm.20151230.2344_1_zpsmetdnki7.jpg

wurm.20151230.1022_2_zpsdtumqphx.jpg

wurm.20151230.1028_1_zps5gfvbgr6.jpg

wurm.20151230.1028_zpsykjh16d9.jpg

wurm.20151230.1030_zpsohqfjzwz.jpg

wurm.20151230.1030_1_zps38uzymel.jpg

wurm.20151230.1031_zpsqrnki33p.jpg

wurm.20151230.1031_1_zpsd4b4njf9.jpg

wurm.20151231.2247_zpswuc6erk4.jpg

And a couple of bonus aerial shots courtesy of Retrograde!

Spoiler

Vm6fNEp_zpstqmd1vwg.jpg

Pr0rjbF_zps5xeiaqbw.jpg

eufhPYk_zpsmv3exti0.jpg

Merchants with their own thread selling wares at the market:

Black Forest Smithy. Located in the cherry market section, merchant page Here

Edited by Fraeya
  • Like 5

I wish you luck, it's a pretty great spot for anyone in the South Bay of Xanadu.  Just hope more people come back South.

• Like 1

I remember it to be really popular when we had a large market at valley of the damned, here's hoping we can breathe some life back into the area. Just as likely it's the broken spawning in the south though too

Gorgeous market! Glad to see it in operation... you guys definitely put in a ton of work! And I love the color-coding idea.

Edited by Araninke
  • Like 1

As a member of Black Forest Alliance I had a blast working on Black Forest Bazaar. I consider it an honor and a privilege working alongside Fraeya and many other alliance members in building it. I often times find myself down there just looking at it.

Yes, I ended up there yesterday, Looks Amazing, Great Work Guys!! :)

The bridge was one long project in it's self. Lots, and lots and did I say lots of dirt, marble, mortar and rock went into it. And it has opened up new areas for the locals to gather livestock and to hunt. Plus a few new players have found their way across to settle. :D

• Like 1

Bump, plenty of good spots left, come and see what the current merchants have on offer :)

Another bump, I did the mailbox for the market, took me ages to finally get a 100 cast!

Awesome stuff. I live just across the Bay to the West of this place. I'll pop over and have a look some time, perhaps place a merchant :)

Especially if there are sermons going on (just seen a thread about that). Now I just need to find the money to prem my priests :P

i just come to visit  it... is nice and already have 11 merchants with stock :D   will return for sure

I have been here for the sermon group since yesterday, it's been a nice place to visit. :) and lots of sermons going on

• Like 2

The Bazaar is looking great! Have you swung by to our corner of Xanadu and had a look yet? More merchants are being added. I have 3 and 4 speed horses for sale. Stay tuned for 5 speed horses and bison available on the East waterfront of the Bazaar.

• Like 1

My priest has been there for a few weeks, but I took a few days off to go to the impalong on Deliverance. I should be back tonight ( tomorrow at the latest ) and look forward to seeing everyone :)

• Like 2

sadly no sales at all in last 50days need to move it in some more popular area

Not too bad for me still, sad to hear, hopefully we can get some more visitors soon enough :) and more merchants too!

I'd say you might need a bit more time to see more sales. The Bazaar has only been open a few months and it takes a while to get the word out and expose people to what's available. I know just the other evening alliance members were putting out signs and statues to lead the way to Black Forest!

• Like 1

On 02/04/2016 at 5:06 PM, Araninke said:

I'd say you might need a bit more time to see more sales. The Bazaar has only been open a few months and it takes a while to get the word out and expose people to what's available. I know just the other evening alliance members were putting out signs and statues to lead the way to Black Forest!

And also small hedged safe spaces for users who come on foot ;)

• Like 1

Plenty of market stalls left, new merchants to browse and merchants are making sales