Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New Years Eve!

No champagne, but a fountain of wine! (Somehow summerholt managed to drink it all...)

• Like 4

Well I speak from the center of Xanadu cause thats where I live.

If u are from Indi, u need to travel a lot also. Still u guys forget that Xanadu is 3 times bigger then almot all the other servers.. With this new system, it takes me more time to get to any shore of Xanadu then it would by coming from any otther server!

That said, u that come from the small servers, can get to the starter towns of Xanadu faster then some1 that lives in the center of it.

Events r fun yea, but spending hours sailing to attend really isnt.

Anywho Happy New Year!:)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tuga said:

Events r fun yea, but spending hours sailing to attend really isnt.

Unfortunately many people are still going to have to sail and travel for a long time to get to any of those locations due to them all being on one server.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Given it's a short borderhop now with the plotting system, it enabled us to have easily accessible areas by boat, as well as from other servers.

The quiz competition is in GL Freedom chat though, so you can still partake in the fun!

44 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Considering the pain it would be for other players to get to the spawn location from the server borders, yes.

The choice was not a hard one to make, unfortunately the resources to cover 7 servers or 15 starter deeds were not available, but feel free to come to esteron or newspring!

1- Yes,to cross over Xanadu may be fast.. but to get at a starter point its not easy as its a huge server..

2-I think getting to Inde spawn point is way faster than getting to one fo Xanadu's points

plus..you guys are gm's..is that hard to teleport at on every server..? ye..maybe not on Celebration..maybe not on Exodus..but not even Deliverance or Inde? Not cool!!

Spoiler

MD0T9np.jpg

Looks pretty easily accessible for me, far closer than anyone sailing from anywhere to central indy. Or do you not know how to plot courses and border hop? going from NE indy to glasshollow took me 30 minutes today, sailing to central indy takes about an hour

• Like 1

I'm confused as to why there wasn't 1 event on each server.  I'm sure there's an explanation for it, but at the moment it seems confusing.

• Like 1

People often wonder why some of the smaller servers have lower populations, maybe in part by the neglect of events on there servers.(I know that is not really true, but still) Sure it may seem exciting to travel to xanadu for something, but some would rather not leave there server at all.

I know these events are all purely volunteer work in setting up, but still it is disappointing in not seeing events on the other servers.

• Like 1

To much entitlement in this thread. You realize Retrograde didn't have to do even host this. 

This is speaking for someone who lives on indy, make an alt if you want to partake.

Anyways Happy New Years can't wait to see 2016 Wurm.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Kwyzina said:

How about epic (not that I play there, but I'm still curious for our fellow players)?

Epic don't get treasure hunts or any events at all so I'd imagine most are used to it by now

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Epic don't get treasure hunts or any events at all so I'd imagine most are used to it by now

That's so 2015..... 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Niki said:

To much entitlement in this thread. You realize Retrograde didn't have to do even host this. 

This is speaking for someone who lives on indy, make an alt if you want to partake.

Anyways Happy New Years can't wait to see 2016 Wurm.

Do it right or nothing at all!! some may say:P

No hurt feelings,i agree with you but still..some people they get sentimental of their place where they live and such..it's somehow sad,to see how easy it can be  past in to the history

Was a fun little event thanks again for hosting. :) Happy 2016.

[20:30:16] <Retrograde> In the lore, who is the first king of mol rehan?
[20:30:18] <Aflacduck> gary
[20:30:20] <Aflacduck> oh

dJitlWl.png

• Like 4

Thank you, Retrograde - for so kindly arranging this - and ofc, Enki was there to spawn a few mobs, which was an eye opener for some of the newbies on Newspring, as we hardly ever see a mob there - and other GMs too.

A pity that so few could attend the Newspring fun and games - some players located there had RL things to do, but it was fun nonetheless, even if I was a bit slow getting there, did manage to sip some vino and kill a mob or 2.

Thank you all  for making the effort - Happy New Year to the Wurm team and all Wurm players.